Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2pin charger question,

• 16-08-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I bought a gun in poland and it came with a 2pin charger im wondering what adaptor i need to make it work? I have a shaving charger but its rated at 250v 1amp,

the charger itself has a input of 230v 50hz 100ma. And output of 9.6vDC 300ma.

Will that shaver charger work? Of what adaptor do i need? or can i just stick it in the socket as is :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

You can buy a european coverter to uk anywhere. Tesco, dunnes supervalu most chemists anywhere they sell travel stuff really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

ali-d1936 wrote: »
    I bought a gun in poland and it came with a 2pin charger im wondering what adaptor i need to make it work? I have a shaving charger but its rated at 250v 1amp,

the charger itself has a input of 230v 50hz 100ma. And output of 9.6vDC 300ma.

Will that shaver charger work? Of what adaptor do i need? or can i just stick it in the socket as is :P

You can buy a european coverter to uk anywhere. Tesco, dunnes supervalu most chemists anywhere they sell travel stuff really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

I just bought two adapters in a pound-shop in Balbriggan last week - €1.50 each. My son's been using one for his AEG battery all week.

The one Tesco were doing was €7.80.

My understanding is that these adapters don't do anything with the voltage, the only allow different plugs to physically fit.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭traume

I just use a sharp object to press inside the socket to plug in 2 pin plug. If I understand correctly, in Ireland 3rd pin is just a safety feature which when pressed allows you to plug in the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

traume wrote: »
    I just use a sharp object to press inside the socket to plug in 2 pin plug. If I understand correctly, in Ireland 3rd pin is just a safety feature which when pressed allows you to plug in the other two.

Its also an earth in some appliances but yes its also a safety feature

• Advertisement
Advertisement