Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fears that 75 students cheated in leaving cert

• 16-08-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

Not many out of 55,000 I suppose.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭agriman27

Who needs cog notes, if your intelligent enough you bring the info in your own friggin head :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Apparently some students cheating went undetected in the exam hall but they came unstuck when a few weeks later the correctors found cog notes in their script

Schoolboy error:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

What in the world are cog notes?

One lad I did my leaving cert with (over 7 years ago) duct-taped A4 pages to his legs upside down for reading while he was sitting on the toilet... :rolleyes: You'd wonder why people that are obviously that clever don't utilise their talents properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,631 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ShaShaBear wrote: »

One lad I did my leaving cert with (over 7 years ago) duct-taped A4 pages to his legs upside down for reading while he was sitting on the toilet... :rolleyes: You'd wonder why people that are obviously that clever don't utilise their talents properly!

That's not exactly clever though is it?
    Desperate maybe.

If you told me he'd built in a web browsers, controlled by his eyes only into his glasses etc, that'd be relatively clever.

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »

Cog notes are exactly what you have described;)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

A guy sitting near me during one of the exams years ago had a text book up his jumper and was trying to peer down inside his top and try turn the pages to find the answers. It was a pathetic attempt and halfway through the exam he whispers out a curse word and says something like "oh for F sake, I brought the wrong book". We were in stitches laughing but I guess its just one of those you had to be there to find it funny moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Aiel wrote: »
    A guy sitting near me during one of the exams years ago had a text book up his jumper and was trying to peer down inside his top and try turn the pages to find the answers. It was a pathetic attempt and halfway through the exam he whispers out a curse word and says something like "oh for F sake, I brought the wrong book". We were in stitches laughing but I guess its just one of those you had to be there to find it funny moments.

No, you dont just have to be that. I LOL'ed. Well chuckled at least.

I remember seeing a photo online of a lad with a fake arm in his jumper sitting in an exam and the i phone in hand under the desk googling the ****e out of stuff some job!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Everyone in my year got suspicious of a guy who left 30 mins into every exam to go to the bathroom, every single exam. It wasn't until the last two days or so when everyone started talking about it and nothing was done about it considering the lad is so innocent and people were saying there was no way in hell he'd do it. Still very annoying considering he got over 500 points and said he did bad in everything!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

who really cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

What is the penalty if you get caught cheating??

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭onefourreal

Heard one where maths students put formulas on a full notice board,no one noticed.it was on the route to the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

The leaving cert the greatest memory test the state has to offer .
    Understanding optional , ability to apply the knowledge outside of the test centre optional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,636 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

deadeye187 wrote: »
    who really cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    People who might be competing for college places with the people cheating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

People who might be competing for college places with the people cheating.

such is life! move on, it happens everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,636 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

deadeye187 wrote: »
    such is life! move on, it happens everywhere.
    There are plenty of things that go on every day everywhere. Doesn't make them less wrong.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

Have to say, from my experience of the exam I don't think it would be all that difficult to cheat. I was expecting the measures to prevent cheating to be far more stringent before going in. I'm not insinuating that I or anyone I know actually did do it, but it's certainly possible to do with a lax or dare I say negligent supervisor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

I wouldn't try to cheat myself. But I was thinking about putting a hidden bluetooth earpiece in my ear. Playing back pre-recorded audio notes from my phone.

Advertisement