Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Last Post Read" setting for followed threads

Options
  • 16-08-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but:

When i'm following a thread I can look at my "folllowed threads" page and see which threads have new posts (and of course I'm notified on my Notifications tab).

But when I want to see these new posts ie posts I haven't read, I can't seem to go automatically to the last post I read and start reading from there. I can either click on the thread title which takes me to the first page of the thread, (not that helpful when it's a long thread) or I can click on "last page" to go to the last page (but then I have to start working backwards and trying to find the last post I read).

Is there a setting I havent found that will let me go automatically to the last post I read? I use boards on a ipod touch sometimes and it does this automatically for me. I heard someone mention this issue in an unrelated thread and a poster replied "are you using the last post read setting?" but I can't seem to find it in my control panel or anywhere.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

starling wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but:

When i'm following a thread I can look at my "folllowed threads" page and see which threads have new posts (and of course I'm notified on my Notifications tab).

But when I want to see these new posts ie posts I haven't read, I can't seem to go automatically to the last post I read and start reading from there. I can either click on the thread title which takes me to the first page of the thread, (not that helpful when it's a long thread) or I can click on "last page" to go to the last page (but then I have to start working backwards and trying to find the last post I read).
    Is there a setting I havent found that will let me go automatically to the last post I read? I use boards on a ipod touch sometimes and it does this automatically for me. I heard someone mention this issue in an unrelated thread and a poster replied "are you using the last post read setting?" but I can't seem to find it in my control panel or anywhere.

On the Followed Threads page, click on the firstnew.gif icon on the left side of the thread title. If you hover over it you will see "Go to first new post" :)

Clicking on the firstnew.gif icon under Last Post will obviously bring you literally to the last post in that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Sorted, yay! Thanks so much Mr G. I just knew it was right under my nose the whole time:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

starling wrote: »
    Sorted, yay! Thanks so much Mr G. I just knew it was right under my nose the whole time:pac:

No prob, ask away if you've any other questions

Advertisement