Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good coastal place in Ireland for a holiday?

• 16-08-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭

Were would a good coastal place to holiday in Ireland be? I love places like Lahinch, Co. Clare and Co. Cork itself. Any recommendations of coastal places near a town. I just love the smell of the sea.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Were would a good coastal place to holiday in Ireland be? I love places like Lahinch, Co. Clare and Co. Cork itself. Any recommendations of coastal places near a town. I just love the smell of the sea.

Tramore co. Waterford is one of my favourite places along with kilkee and ballybunion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

Tramore co. Waterford is one of my favourite places along with kilkee and ballybunion.

I must go down to tramore they have a great museum in Co. Waterford too by the looks of the photograph's on facebook (Waterford County Museum). Yes I like Clare too. Is there a few other coastal places that have museum's and art gallery's too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭kooga

can't beat kinsale but this year we headed to Goleen is west cork excellent it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Tramore is a bit of a kip tbh (I speak as a native of Waterford) but the rest of the Waterford coast is excellent. Dunmore East is lovely and the coast west of Tramore all the way to Ardmore is lovely, stunning in places. Depends what you want really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

well just thinking of putting a thread up like this too..
    looking to go some where nice for a few nights, i heard about doolin, cliffs of moher, burren, that direction is nice?
    or cottages for couples in cork?
    anyone any other ideas??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Dunfanaghy in Co. Donegal.

Nice little town, multiple beautiful beaches within short drives. A massive forest park with coastal and forest walks. Some amazing restaurants. About 30/40 minutes from Letterkenny for shopping or night life. About 30 minutes from the beautiful Glenveagh National Park. There's also a tonne of water sports in the area, surf lessons, stand up paddle boarding, wind surfing. There's a stables in the town too that do riding for all levels of experience. You can't beat a horse ride on the beach.

There's one main hotel, a few B&B's and loads of cottage rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Dunfanaghy in Co. Donegal.

Nice little town, multiple beautiful beaches within short drives. A massive forest park with coastal and forest walks. Some amazing restaurants. About 30/40 minutes from Letterkenny for shopping or night life. About 30 minutes from the beautiful Glenveagh National Park. There's also a tonne of water sports in the area, surf lessons, stand up paddle boarding, wind surfing. There's a stables in the town too that do riding for all levels of experience. You can't beat a horse ride on the beach.

There's one main hotel, a few B&B's and loads of cottage rentals.
    That's great thanks for your help Elmo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

That's great thanks for your help Elmo

No problem. I visit it regularly, can give you lots more info if you decide to visit :)

Advertisement