Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moniter Amp Burn Up.

Options
  • 16-08-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi i have this amplifier below. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this im sure its the same with all amps. I left the room with the amp on and i could smell some burning downstairs so i ran back up stairs and the amp was making a sound as if something wasnt grounded. Anyways the amp still works but only plays mid and low frequencies. Its as if theres low pass a filter on it. Does anyone know if it could be something as simple as a fuse or is it screwed? Cheers all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Open it up and post a picture of the guts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Dave Smyth at Fixtronix.ie will fix it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

Sounds like it may have gone into oscilltion and fried your tweeters. Just a guess. Now as simple fuse anyway. As PB says, Dave Smyth.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

Hey guys thanks for the replies. Turns out its a resister for tweeters in my monitors. Burn't out on both of em. What are the chances eh? :) I believe this is the one that needs replacing. Any idea if these are available in Dublin or will they have to be bought online?

286832d1334240396-help-alesis-monitor-one-mk2-no-high-freq-dsc00230.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Axial-Ceramic-Cement-Resistors-Watt/dp/B008G4PIJU

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Exactly what I was thinking.

Try Maplin. or just order through mouser takes days to get to your doorstep.

It's very unlike you will get that in maplin. 5W 3.3OHM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

peter05 wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Try Maplin. or just order through mouser takes days to get to your doorstep.

It's very unlike you will get that in maplin. 5W 3.3OHM

That's brilliant cheers. Nice one for the mouser recommendation handy site.

Advertisement