Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business broadband

• 16-08-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm thinking of renting an office on pottery road in dun laoghaire. One of the considerations is the broadband speed (we currently have 50mb symmetric). I called upc and they don't offer service there. I called eircom and after saying they can't tell me anything unless there's a phone line they checked the other offices in the building and say their lines are only capable of 10mb dsl. The office is on the rochestown exchange and there's a vdsl cab down the road, although I suspect it is past the office.

This building was built in 2009 and is a large block, I can't believe they didn't run fibre to it. There's a meteor 3g mast on the roof so that must be serviced by fibre? I didn't notice a microwave dish.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to pay a lot initially to get decent broadband here, any other companies I should contact? Any better way to contact eircom?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

You are sure you have a 50Mb Symmetric line? Eircom wholesale dont appear to offer symmetric VDSL and the max upload on their asymmetric products is 20Mb. Better stay where you are if you want to keep your connection!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

I'm certain, our internet service comes from heanet not eircom.

We're out of space in the current location, otherwise I'd stay. I may be staying anyhow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You could try airspeed, however leased lines etc would be much more expensive than vdsl.

If there's a mast on the roof, there is probably more than 1 line of sight aerial there somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 jackwogan

Hi, sorry to butt in. Is there anywhere I can get pricing for symmetric lines , with a range of ip addresses. Do eircom upc airspeed etc... have a price list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

jackwogan wrote: »
    Hi, sorry to butt in. Is there anywhere I can get pricing for symmetric lines , with a range of ip addresses. Do eircom upc airspeed etc... have a price list?

They wont publish pricing as thry always require surveys etc.

OP maybe try BT If they have the loval exchange unbundled they may be able to provide ethernt first mole services to give you a decent upload.

Another Option would be to contact tennants in The building to See If they're interested in dedicated fibre and Pool your resources

• Advertisement
Advertisement