Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starship collection magazine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Plenty of issue 1 and 2 in Easons O'Connell St at the minute, if anyone's interested.

Just picked up both and they're grand for the discount price. Definitely happy I didn't subscribe tough. Models are flimsy as hell in places – one of the D's on the shelf already had a snapped off nacelle. Don't think I'll be paying full price for any future issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd like to see snaps of the models, anyone want to throw up a few pics of the models so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Got mine today - not opened yet, I can say that binder they sent is pretty hard to figure out, lucky for this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ugKP6_SW8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It will be interesting to see what reaction the 15.99 Bird of Prey will get. :p

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what reaction the 15.99 Bird of Prey will get. :p

Is that a special?, I got a bird of prey today

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'd like to see snaps of the models, anyone want to throw up a few pics of the models so far?

Here's some snaps of the refit and the D, in unflattering high quality :)

They're not at all awful I guess. Look better sitting there on my desk than the first impression I got when I unpacked them; just wouldn't want to be playing with them too much :P

The saucer section on both is metal, feels solid and good, although for some reason the 'inner' section on the top of the D's saucer is plastic. Stardrive / engineering section, struts and nacelles on each are pretty cheap feeling plastic too. Nacelle's wouldn't stand much of a knock without snapping off I reckon.

But you know, don't go knocking them about and you'll be grand.

Well worth the €13 for the two of these (I think it was €4 and €9), bit of a stretch for me at €14+ for future models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

You guys can try and win a subscription if you fancy it.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=981031

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Saw the ads for them but never looked into the details. If I were to go after some smaller models then I rather spend the extra on high quality ones I want.

• Advertisement

I caved and bought issue 3. The Klingon ship is very nice, with a worn look to the paint.

Also, it seems that the USS Kelvin, the USS Enterprise and the USS Vengeance will all be subscriber exclusives :(

Regarding the 15.99 price tag, I bought a USS Vengeance model in Forbiodden Planet for 20 euro a few weeks back...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Trek-2013-new-Hot-wheels-USS-Vengeance-Die-cast-model-collect-them-all-/290976568912?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item43bf8e1650

I have to say that the Eaglemoss ships are far better quality and much more detailed, despite being cheaper.

Anyone know of any issue #2's knocking about?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Regarding the 15.99 price tag, I bought a USS Vengeance model in Forbiodden Planet for 20 euro a few weeks back...

If that's this...

then maybe that €15.99 isn't as bad as I'd been thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

You realise it's only a matter of time before you all get the borg rage and smash them to smithereens with a big rifle.

Thinking of subbing to this actually, it's gonna cost as much on postage getting the models on ebay etc. Plus the subscriber exclusive ships too.

It's £9.99 per issue every two weeks as far as I can see. No mention of postage costs though, it's hardly freepost is it?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Thinking of subbing to this actually, it's gonna cost as much on postage getting the models on ebay etc. Plus the subscriber exclusive ships too.

It's £9.99 per issue every two weeks as far as I can see. No mention of postage costs though, it's hardly freepost is it?

€30.98 per month plus free shipping.

• Advertisement

Ok screw it, I subbed to this. €30 a month I can do...they plan 70 issues or something so the finished collection will be fairly impressive. Need to find an issue number 2 somewhere though, it's not on the site to order as a back issue yet...

Hate to be Captain Obvious but:

eBay?

Postage direct is ridiculous so use Parcel Motel.

Hate to be Captain Obvious but:

eBay?

Postage direct is ridiculous so use Parcel Motel.

"IN THIS AUCTION YOU WILL BE BIDDING ON;

U.S.S. ENTERPRISE - NCC-1701(2271)

ISSUE 2 - BRAND NEW - PRISTENE CONDITION - NEVER OPENED - MODEL ONLY AUCTION"

I want the magazine too, but PM is a good idea which I'd never thought of...

Ah fair play....the tricky so and so has the magazine in the picture! I'll give the two Easons down here in Limerick a ring tomorrow on the off chance they might have one left over.

Can you not use their website to backorder it? if you have subbed. Personally I thought issue 2 was pretty bad - model wise...

• Advertisement

johnmryan wrote: »
    Can you not use their website to backorder it? if you have subbed. Personally I thought issue 2 was pretty bad - model wise...

Only issue #1 is available as a back issue so far on the website. I must admit from the pics the issue #2 model does look a little poor actually

Nah no stock here in stab city. I forgot to ask when I rang but maybe an Easons in Dublin would order it in for you?

Nah no stock here in stab city. I forgot to ask when I rang but maybe an Easons in Dublin would order it in for you?

Ah np thanks a mill for trying anyway :) Yeah I'm sure one of the Easons will order it in for me if I'm really stuck

Enterprise NX-01 is the ship this morning. It feels way more solid compared to the other models, especially the plastic. Lots of metallic paint, so it looks really great.

IMG_0150_zpsee8a7b53.jpg

IMG_0151_zps5be298c7.jpg

IMG_0152_zpsb9ef2e0c.jpg

Can't wait for the Reliant & the Excelsior :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

IMG_0152_zpsb9ef2e0c.jpg

That wrinkled pink alien attacking from the Enterprise from the ventral side is scary.

Does that come with the model or is that your own? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Feck ye all :p .. subscribed there now. I'll stick with it till I get the "key" ships I want (most of the first 12) and then I may just buy the back issues/ones I want like the -E, the Prometheus and the V'orcha

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Feck ye all :p .. subscribed there now. I'll stick with it till I get the "key" ships I want (most of the first 12) and then I may just buy the back issues/ones I want like the -E, the Prometheus and the V'orcha

Dammit. I was doing so well too :P

The Borg were correct.

*Awaits ships*

As a side note, the postman will be leaving lots of those package collection slips I suppose. They'll be sick of seeing me down there :p

What way does the subscription work re payment dayes etc? I subbed at the start of the month, starting from issue 4 onwards, & was duly billed €31.98 {October 1st}. Now today, October 22nd, I've been charged another €31.98...& have yet to receive a single magazine :confused:

Was the first payment for issues 4 & 5, which are prob in the post by now? And was the second payment for issues 6 & 7 for next month, ie are you billed a month in advance?

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    What way does the subscription work re payment dayes etc? I subbed at the start of the month, starting from issue 4 onwards, & was duly billed €31.98 {October 1st}. Now today, October 22nd, I've been charged another €31.98...& have yet to receive a single magazine :confused:

Was the first payment for issues 4 & 5, which are prob in the post by now? And was the second payment for issues 6 & 7 for next month, ie are you billed a month in advance?

In my experience from my first order you do get them - but their is a (long) wait.

You can complain on the Facebook, but there seems to be a major fanboy who is telling everyone to "relax" and you will get them and their worth it... (which I find strange - why does someone give up their time to reply to every comment and claim not to be related to the company?) Anyway depending on your perspective on whether or not they are worth the wait...
    I got three ships and given them the below amounts since day 1:eek:
    €31.98
    €31.98
    €25.98
    €3.99

Lads am I right that it's Voyager next week? Definitely will be hitting Easons for that!

johnmryan wrote: »
    In my experience from my first order you do get them - but their is a (long) wait.

You can complain on the Facebook, but there seems to be a major fanboy who is telling everyone to "relax" and you will get them and their worth it... (which I find strange - why does someone give up their time to reply to every comment and claim not to be related to the company?) Anyway depending on your perspective on whether or not they are worth the wait...
    I got three ships and given them the below amounts since day 1:eek:
    €31.98
    €31.98
    €25.98
    €3.99

Cheers, I don't mind waiting at all...it's more why have I been billed €32 twice in the same month? If its billed a month ahead then that's fine I guess, I shouldn't be billed again until this time next month

OK.. I'm getting concerned now. Nearly 3 weeks later and still nothing in the post but they've taken €93 from my account so far :eek:

WTF? Anyone else have problems like this?

Think we're all in the same boat. I subbed from issue #1 on 04/10 and haven't received anything yet either.
    €3.99 taken on 10/10
    €25.98 taken on 17/10
    I assume the pattern will repeat on Thursday with another €31.98 going out. Don't really mind how they catch me up on the money side so long as they all arrive close to each other in the next week or so.

Any longer and it may be time for Fat Tony to give them a call. I just need to find a clip of him saying "star" and "ships" to replace "pretzel monies" and I'm good to go. :D
    Fat Tony wrote:
    "I'm afraid I must insist. You see, my wife, she has been most vocal on the subject of the pretzel monies Starships. 'Where's the money Starships?' 'When are you going to get the money Starships?' 'Why aren't you getting the money Starships now?' And so on."

You have 24 hours to give us our money Starships. And to show you we're serious… you have 12 hours.

Just ordered Voyager on eBay!!

:edit: Crap!! I didn't see that it was a pre-order! lol I thought they had them early. Oh well roll on Halloween.

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    OK.. I'm getting concerned now. Nearly 3 weeks later and still nothing in the post but they've taken €93 from my account so far :eek:

WTF? Anyone else have problems like this?

I think Voyager might actually be coming from the Delta quadrant.

I posted details on the other thread too but everyone seems to be encountering the same delay. The recent launch of the magazine in the US probably isn't helping their backlog either. Hopefully they'll sort themselves out once the mayhem of the initial launch has subsided.

Goldstein wrote: »
    I think Voyager might actually be coming from the Delta quadrant.

I posted details on the other thread too but everyone seems to be encountering the same delay. The recent launch of the magazine in the US probably isn't helping their backlog either. Hopefully they'll sort themselves out once the mayhem of the initial launch has subsided.

Just spoke to their UK callcentre there

Apparently there's problems where Royal Mail are losing the packages but they don't seem to have any problems charging us for it regardless.

He then tried to tell me that it could take another fortnight for the first one to arrive, nevermind the rest - who knows how much I'll have been billed by then!
    Of course the only avenue to escalate is to send another email to someone else.

Feck that. I've cancelled the PayPal authorisation and instructed them to refund me. If/when these ever do arrive I'll simply refuse delivery and they can go back. :mad:

Is there a set date the issues are sent out? Are they sent out together, as in both of whatever months issues get sent together at the end of the month, or are they sent out separately a fortnight apart?

• Advertisement

The most common thing I heard about Eaglemoss is that once they have you subscribed, they couldn't care less about you. Missing, delayed and damaged shipments are common.

I'll be continuing to buy from Easons. I live going in in a Thursday morning and choosing which one of the models look the best.

If thats the case, then I'll be cancelling the paypal agreement & buying the mags manually. The only thing is the subscriber only ships will prob be huge money on ebay :(

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment until the 21 days are up. I can appreciate they're snowed under at the minute trying to meet the demand and once the first few issues land a bi-monthly regular schedule should be established regardless of how long the transit takes. If any of them arrive damaged or aren't up to scratch I'll be cancelling straight away but there's no point worrying about what hasn't yet happened. They do say on one of the FAQs that they will implement an accelerated payment schedule to catch you up to the current issue which makes sense so it won't take another 2-3 months before we get to issue #6 or #7 so once they start to land it should be quicker than every 2 weeks until everyone gets caught up. Chances are we're a lot more likely to hear about the people experiencing problems or jumping the gun with delivery queries than from satisfied customers like a lot of merchants so I'm a bit slow to attribute too much weight to some of the rumoured teething problems at the start.

"The soufflé will either rise or it won't. There's not a damn thing you can do about it, so you might as well just sit back and wait, and see what happens."

Just for info I set them a mail about not getting another order yet. (also just released this is the wrong thread -sorry)

Respose
    Thanks for your email.

You should have received issues 4 & 5 by now, as we sent them out back in September. I have ordered you replacements of these, and they should be with you in the next 7-9 days. Issues 6 & 7 will be despatched next week, and should be with you in the next couple of weeks.

So I emailed Eaglemoss & asked what the story was with being charged twice in the same month, & receiving nothing to date. The reply was "Those issues have been replaced for you and dispatched to you now. Please allow up to12 days for delivery".

So, my subscription was started from issue 4 onwards...should I be expecting 4 magazines/models given I've been charged twice? Or should I be expecting issue 4 & 5 only, and 6 & 7 will arrive next month?

So I emailed Eaglemoss & asked what the story was with being charged twice in the same month, & receiving nothing to date. The reply was "Those issues have been replaced for you and dispatched to you now. Please allow up to12 days for delivery".

So, my subscription was started from issue 4 onwards...should I be expecting 4 magazines/models given I've been charged twice? Or should I be expecting issue 4 & 5 only, and 6 & 7 will arrive next month?

So apparently issues 4 & 5 are on the way to me, and issues 6 & 7 are currently being processed. That's grand, at least I know why I've been charged twice in the one month, it was obviously the accelerated payment thingy someone mentioned elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Their newsletter is scuppering my attempts to stay relatively spoiler free although the ships from the first 10 issues were always going to feature early on.

For those buying these in the shops the newsletter mentions the first special issue is
    blah blah blah to make the spoiler not so obvious - DS9
    and it should be available from Thursday 28th November.

For anybody that doesn't want to deal with EagleMoss but still wants the free gifts then there is another option! The eBay seller I pre-ordered next week's issue from has a website where you can subscribe-of sorts. Here's what they told me when I contacted them on eBay:
    You need to pre-pay for issues, but you get them sent by tracked mail at a lower price than buying them individually on ebay without tracking, PLUS you get the free UK only subscriber gifts including the Magazine Binder, Dedication Plaque, Future Enterprise-D Model, the light up Borg Cube and the Digital Editions of the magazines without paying inflated market rates. We estimate the free gifts would cost over £50 plus shipping if they have purchased...

It's the first time I've used them so I make no guarantees. They do have a healthy feedback score on eBay. I have no affiliation with them and there's nothing in it for little old me. Just thought it might help somebody.

Will the special release ships be available from that seller?

I'll drop them a line and get back to you.

Got a reply and it's good news:
    Hi, yes the
    DS9 blah blah blah
    Special will be up by the weekend for pre-order.

Regards, Mark

God knows what the price will be and caveat emptor as I'm a bit cursed on boards in that whenever I try to help folks out things go horribly wrong! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement