Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP won't connect to the net

Options
  • 16-08-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with my PSP connecting to the internet, I can't seem to connect it to the Sky Broadband, it says that it's "Not supported" when I search for available networks to connect to.

Wondering if anyone else has had perhaps a similar problem or could recommend any ideas on how to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Conz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

This is happening probably because your wireless security is set to WPA2.While the PS3 & Vita support WPA2,the PSP doesn't.
    So in order to connect the PSP,you need to change your router Wifi security to something the PSP supports......like WPA or WEP.

If that does not work,you could try change the wireless signal on your router from mixed B/G/N to just B and see if the PSP connects.Remember to switch it back for other devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

My PSP connects with WPA2 with no problem using bog standard eircom router. Which is odd if it's not supposed to work.

Advertisement