Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get line freed up for different service provider

Options
  • 16-08-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

I had Eircom phone for many years in my house, cancelled my contract as didn't use the landline much. Now I'm trying to get a package from a different service provider. They told me I would have to call Eircom to free up the line in order to get broadband service, and an Eircom representative told me I would have to sign up with Eircom for 12 months in order to get it disconnected after this. Is there any way around this, as it's very inconvenient to sign up to Eircom for a year when I have no wish to be with Eircom?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dwaegon wrote: »
    I had Eircom phone for many years in my house, cancelled my contract as didn't use the landline much. Now I'm trying to get a package from a different service provider. They told me I would have to call Eircom to free up the line in order to get broadband service, and an Eircom representative told me I would have to sign up with Eircom for 12 months in order to get it disconnected after this. Is there any way around this, as it's very inconvenient to sign up to Eircom for a year when I have no wish to be with Eircom?

Hi Dwaegon

I can confirm that there would not be a way around this should you chose to reactivate the line with eircom. I'm aware some providers dont reactivate lines and some do however once a line is activated with eircom a 12 month contract will apply.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Normally, you just order a new line (which will reactivate the old one) from whatever company you're trying to go with. They should be able to do that and you wouldn't typically need to contact eircom at all.

Advertisement