Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ireland! Need help from fellow photographers!

• 16-08-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I am looking to move to ireland within the next year. I am a self-employed photographer and need a bit of help understanding how business goes over here. I have been all through the Revnue site and I still have some unanswered questions so I am hoping someone can throw in their two cents and since I am starting afresh in a new country I would like to make sure I am secure in my first year of business. Any help would be much appreciated.

In the UK, you are exempt from paying tax upto approx £9,000. I have looked through the revenue site and I am recieving different figures for different circumstances, is there a minimum amount you can earn before you start paying tax?

Secondly, In the UK we have working tax credits which is for anyone earning under the £9,000 tax bracket and is approx. £50 - £100 a week. Is there any security of a benefit like this for if you are unfortunately under-earning?

I have seen some things about tax credits, and people mentioning medical expenses, bin credits... would this be related? And is this something you recieve weekly or is it something you apply for at the end of the tax year?

Also any other pointers people might have would be greatly appreciated, such as
    websites to find models and make-up artists
    Rentable studios
    Printing sites or shops

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

your query might be better suited to another category on boards.ie
    you might find better info here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LuLowe

I understand the tax questions might be better suited to another catagory but there are photography realted questions I would like to know also and to hear from people in the same field of business as myself, would be much appreciated.

Advertisement