Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best folders for the Leaving Cert!

• 16-08-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Just curious to know what filing systems people used i.e. ring binders with pockets, display books etc.

All feedback welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

the bottom of my school bag :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Windows Explorer...

Paper notes are a nightmare. Truth be told, taking notes in class for the LC is usually pointless. The textbook and making your own notes at home is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

To answer your actual question, I had hardbacks for notes in certain subjects like maths but for subjects like business, English etc where there is a lot of notes I got a big ringbinder and about 300 poly pockets and organised them by chapter, topic etc. It helps a lot when it comes to revision and you know where everything is.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Your going to get so many notes this year, you need a proper filing system, coming up to the orals i had separate folders for all my oral stuff. During the year i had those plastic envelope folders in my bag, so when i got notes i put it in that and when we were finished with those notes i transferred them to a a ring binder at home. ring binders are too heavy to bring into school everyday so the envelopes work as day to day note carriers

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TripShip

At home have 7 ring-binders, 1 for each subject.
    In your bag for school have 1 small-medium ring-binder with about 6 separators in which you store the notes that you're going to be using for the next week or so, separated by subject. Once you're done with the notes in class, transfer them to the ring-binder for that subject at home.
    Every single piece of paper you're given should be put into your folder. You'll need roughly 500 pockets.

Do NOT use display folders and do not use those A3 folders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Thanks everyone for all the opinions! I thought about having ring binders for each subject but then I thought 'how on earth will I carry these?'. Will look into having an extra folder which will have all the notes which I need for that particular day. Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

d1234 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all the opinions! I thought about having ring binders for each subject but then I thought 'how on earth will I carry these?'. Will look into having an extra folder which will have all the notes which I need for that particular day. Thanks again!

I had a big folder for each subject at home and one smallish folder for my schoolbag. Any notes that i got for any subject that day in school would go in the folder and once you got home you can sort them into the right subject folder. You might not like to mix different subjects notes during the day but this was effective for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TripShip

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I had a big folder for each subject at home and one smallish folder for my schoolbag. Any notes that i got for any subject that day in school would go in the folder and once you got home you can sort them into the right subject folder. You might not like to mix different subjects notes during the day but this was effective for me :)

Exactly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

TripShip wrote: »
    At home have 7 ring-binders, 1 for each subject.
    In your bag for school have 1 small-medium ring-binder with about 6 separators in which you store the notes that you're going to be using for the next week or so, separated by subject. Once you're done with the notes in class, transfer them to the ring-binder for that subject at home.
    Every single piece of paper you're given should be put into your folder. You'll need roughly 500 pockets.

Do NOT use display folders and do not use those A3 folders.

This worked like a charm for me.

Advertisement