Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up hydroponics

• 16-08-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

have my own shop where we have a deli and I am wondering if it is legal to set up my own hydroponics set up for the shop where we can grow stuff like lettuce,tomatoes and other salads etc.
    How much would it cost to set up?
    would there be any legal hurdles id need to get through?
    How labour intensive would it be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Hydroponics is perfectly legal, I'm not sure health and safety would allow it in the same room as a food prep or sale area. Whether it would be worth doing is another matter, as a usp, great! cost wise it would depend on how much stuff you are buying and selling and if any saving would accrue from GIY.
    Theirs a place off Parnell st that sell all the gear, might be worth talking to them about costs and stuff.
    This is them.
    http://www.getupandgrow.ie/shop/index.html

This would bring back some memories if I could remember....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

Hydroponic systems are legal but the the initial costs are expensive. How do you mean "labour intensive"? There might be some effort expended in the construction but that's about it. Are you intending to use lighting too? Some cafe's use window farms as a USP.

Advertisement