Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's hear it for Danny!

Options
  • 16-08-2013 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Danny from our Tech Team has decided to move on. He's been a great benefit to the site and the team for the last couple of years and we're all definitely going to miss him in here. I'm sure you'll all join me in saying a heart felt thank you and wishing him all the best. I know he won't stop being a Boardsie (and no, I'm not going to tell you his secret identity :p) so whilst the company has to find a successor for him, the site still has a great member.

Thanks for everything Danny - I'm going to miss you brother :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Take it easy Danny ! Hope the new job goes well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

You put a guy in one youtube video and the fame goes to his head.:D

Best of luck Danny.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

When one door shuts... makes you stronger etc.

(Best of luck!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I never knew Danny, but I've heard he was a great guy. I'd like to pass on my condolences to all involved at this time.

Best of luck in the future endeavours Danny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Working with Boards.ie was an absolute pleasure, something I'd wanted to do for a very long time. I learned so much during my time there and it really gave me a solid appreciation of all the work that goes on behind the scenes to keep a place of this size ticking over. I'll miss it immensely :) I'm already enjoying sitting on this side of the fence once more, mixing with the inmates community :D

Thanks for the thread and the send off, I'll catch you all around.

I was Boards.ie: Danny, and I bid you all a good day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Thanks for all your help, Danny, you were a pleasure to work with and will be missed by myself, the rest of the Admins and the Mods.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I was Boards.ie: Danny, and I bid you all a good day
    Wait, I'm Danny, and so's my wife!! :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well I thought he was an awful bollocks myself. You just can't get the staff these days. :D Good luck wherever you end up oul son. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

All the best. Don't forget to delete all the comments in any code you've worked on before leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ah crap. Don't tell the others but you were my favourite.

Good luck with the real job you got. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Best of luck in the future Danny, thanks for all your help & support over the years, & you'll be an asset that'll be surely missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

At least now we know when danny is dossing when he posts :)

Whereas before ....
    Dav:'what you at danny?'

Danny: 'code is compiling Dav ! trololol' ....pulls hamsters tail,checks he has site dev thread open and continues to browse YLYL:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Gonna miss Danny's irresistible charm and devilish good looks around the place whenever a new change rolls out. :(

Thank you for all the work you did man, can't have been easy putting up with all the whining in Feedback threads (not that I'd know anything about that... <_< >_>) but you were always straight-talking and up-front which was great. :)

Best of luck in whatever future ventures you're a part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I saw the closed a/c yesterday and then it was on the banned list....Got a fright I did.

Best of luck Danny :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

And now some rereg moron has regd as danny and posted in AH. Best of luck real Danny!

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Leader of the Furlings

Where ya gone Danny? You mentioned a few times hoping that Boards would be around forever as you had bills to pay, I thought you'd be a part of the furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Fair winds, Danny.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

So long, Danny! Thanks for all the work. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Sad to see you go, but at least you're staying on the site! Best of luck with your next job, Danny. :) You were a hell of an asset to boards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Charlie Babbitt

The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Good luck Danny!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Danny's response times to Admin questions was rapid and efficient.
    A pleasure to work with.

He was also a cheeky fecker, but the less said about that, the better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Steve wrote: »
    Wait, I'm Danny, and so's my wife!! :D:D

No I'm Spartacus.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks and good luck Danny!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

All the best dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Thanks for the fish.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Best of luck, Danny!

Now the next time there's a new homepage design (shudder) you can run amok in feedback nitpicking, complaining and saying how much you hate it with the rest of us mere mortals. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
    From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
    The summer's gone, and all the roses falling
    'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide."

Thanks for the grand service.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Best of luck on your next job Danny.

Now, sit back and troll the admins ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement