Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable SMS Gateway That Allows Recipients to Reply

Options
  • 16-08-2013 5:14pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For the last couple of years I have been using Clickatell to internally contact a small group of employees via SMS. However I would prefer if the recipients could themselves reply to my texts so as I receive them on my own phone, even when I am using a custom 'Sender ID'.

Clickatell informed me that it was not possible to do that with them. Does anyone know of any reliable SMS Gateway that does have such a feature?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

For the last couple of years I have been using Clickatell to internally contact a small group of employees via SMS. However I would prefer if the recipients could themselves reply to my texts so as I receive them on my own phone, even when I am using a custom 'Sender ID'.

Clickatell informed me that it was not possible to do that with them. Does anyone know of any reliable SMS Gateway that does have such a feature?

I use createtext and I haven't had any problems, the only thing I'd say about it though is that the texts sent and received do not come down in a thread, they all go in a list. They give you the option to send it from a custom sender name or number, or from the number they give you.

Although if you are using the sender name on any sms service, you won't be able to receive any replies, it needs to be a number.

Neon sms and webtext are others you might want to look at.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mr. G wrote: »
    I use createtext and I haven't had any problems, the only thing I'd say about it though is that the texts sent and received do not come down in a thread, they all go in a list. They give you the option to send it from a custom sender name or number, or from the number they give you.

Although if you are using the sender name on any sms service, you won't be able to receive any replies, it needs to be a number.

Neon sms and webtext are others you might want to look at.

Thanks for the information on CreateText. Is there any option to basically register my own phone number to the site, and use that to send and recieve texts rather than using a Custom ID?

The people who I will be sending the texts to all have my number, so they would know who the SMS is from.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Thanks for the information on CreateText. Is there any option to basically register my own phone number to the site, and use that to send and recieve texts rather than using a Custom ID?

The people who I will be sending the texts to all have my number, so they would know who the SMS is from.

Yes, you can set the Sender ID as your phone number. I tried replying to a text sent just for argument sake and I received it on my phone.

Advertisement