Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking wa*kers waterford

Options
  • 16-08-2013 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

If you dont know about this facebook page already, i would suggest you go visit. It really highlights some of the atrocious, inconsiderate , selfish "parking" people do around the city. I have seen numerous examples of this in Tescos by the hospital.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

yeah seen it but if you drive around waterford on a daily basis you wouldn't be surprised by the bad parking photos on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Some shocking parking in town in fairness. I have also noticed a rise in non-indicators on roundabouts the last few months. :mad: :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Some shocking parking in town in fairness. I have also noticed a rise in non-indicators on roundabouts the last few months. :mad: :D

Thats a general Ireland thing, drives me bloody crazy,
    That and people sitting in the overtaking lane on the motorway!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Problem in every city and town in Ireland. People have no consideration for others. The indicating problem grinds my gears so much though, serious peeve of mine.

And all things which if the Gardaí stop for they get dogs abuse for not "catching the real criminals".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

I myself don't drive, but in the last few months the increase in running red lights is astronomical.
    Especially on the Yellow Road area, its a death trap there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dave_Power

Jesus, that was entertaining. I particularly enjoyed the comments on the pic of the mayors car parked in a disabled spot

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Isn't that the page that caused a bit of a furore last night on WLRs Facebook? Someone posted a picture of the mayoral care in a wheelchair space and demanded WLR ask the mayor why he was parked in such a spot. Turns out the photo was old and the mayor had a genuine case at the time. Got taken down in the end afaik. Bit of abuse thrown at the mayor before people came on and clarified and told people to cop on, check their facts etc.

I'd say a lot of the photos are fairly old, if many are taken in Waterford.

Parking is a huge problem in Ireland as a whole but sure, its not even part of our driving courses! I would be awful at parallel parking myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Id agree, that we all have done some questionable parking in the past, but i think its important to highlight the complete ignorant Aholes who have no disreguard for their fellow road users and pedestrians safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Sully wrote: »
    I would be awful at parallel parking myself.

Female brain - explains why you harp on like a young wan at times... :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Female brain - explains why you harp on like a young wan at times... :p

Low blow dude, low blow! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Your man who set up that page seems to be somewhat of a muppet. It just goes to show how Waterford people are so hungry to catch someone they might know doing something stupid. This guy is just copying the ideas of all the other attention seeking muppets from around the country.

As Sully said, the amount of crap that came out after the mayor's car pic was put up was ridiculous. People didn't care about the facts, they just wanted someone strung up. Mob rule is alive and well in Waterford, but unfortunately the majority of those mobs are ignorant fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

Your man who set up that page seems to be somewhat of a muppet. It just goes to show how Waterford people are so hungry to catch someone they might know doing something stupid. This guy is just copying the ideas of all the other attention seeking muppets from around the country.

As Sully said, the amount of crap that came out after the mayor's car pic was put up was ridiculous. People didn't care about the facts, they just wanted someone strung up. Mob rule is alive and well in Waterford, but unfortunately the majority of those mobs are ignorant fools.

Hear! Hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Some illiterate beauty's posting there alright , the darker side of the internet as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Reckon the site will be taken down b fb. Car regs are visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I don't think there is an issue if the pics are taken in a public place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Hijpo

wmpdd3 wrote: »

There might, all the regs are blurred on google maps for instance.

Nope, once it's in public you can take a pic and post it where ever you want as long as you're not making money off it. That's where Googlemaps might have the issue, you've to buy it on iPhones and probably some other places too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The parking in the grided yellow box in Lidl on the Tramore road beats all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Technically alot of them aren't taken in public space, a supermarket carpark for example is technically private property. Its not the same as a street in a town or city.

So for example if you have a camera on a public street and somebody tells you you can't take a picture of their car they have no rights to stop you, if you were in tesco carpark, tesco would be within their rights to stop you.

Of course I doubt tesco and lidl will care about this,

Cabaal wrote: »
    Technically alot of them aren't taken in public space, a supermarket carpark for example is technically private property. Its not the same as a street in a town or city.

So for example if you have a camera on a public street and somebody tells you you can't take a picture of their car they have no rights to stop you, if you were in tesco carpark, tesco would be within their rights to stop you.

Of course I doubt tesco and lidl will care about this,

Sorry, I have to correct you, you're wrong. A public place is any place the public have access to, whether as of right or by permission, and subject to or free of charge.

Or to quote the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994:
    “public place” includes—

(a) any highway,

(b) any outdoor area to which at the material time members of the public have or are permitted to have access, whether as of right or as a trespasser or otherwise, and which is used for public recreational purposes,

(c) any cemetery or churchyard,

(d) any premises or other place to which at the material time members of the public have or are permitted to have access, whether as of right or by express or implied permission, or whether on payment or otherwise, and

(e) any train, vessel or vehicle used for the carriage of persons for reward.

Now, if it's one of those car parks that has barriers and closing times, then once the barrier is locked/car park is closed, then it becomes a private place, ie: City Square, carpark for Halfords/Harvey Norman. But for the likes of all the Tescos, the Hyper centre, Lisduggan SC, it's public 24/7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 trish102

This sounds like a good thread. I bet it will be a long one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Facebook T&C's got Parking W*nkers Shut.
    Say hello to Perfect Parking Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

hahah that page cracks me up all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Some illiterate beauty's posting there alright
    Indeed. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Must see if I can get my car featured in it.
    Was parked across 2 parking spaces in a local supermarket early on morning a few weeks ago as I popped in for a few blaas. When I returned towards the car there was 2 women standing near where I had parked and as I got closer it became apparent that they were giving out about my most excellent parking skills. I zapped the car and they promptly shut up. As I was getting into the car I explained that I had been in a rush and apologised for my sloppy parking. One of them retorted that "ye men in yer big cars think ye can park how ye like" to which I again apologised for my sloppy parking and as I closed the car door explained that I usually take up four spaces!!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

The most annoying I have seen is where from the Granville up to the bridge hotel it seems perfectly acceptable to park in the left lane and stick on the hazard lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

TheBoffin wrote: »
    The most annoying I have seen is where from the Granville up to the bridge hotel it seems perfectly acceptable to park in the left lane and stick on the hazard lights.

Ah yes that ignorance has been well spoken about in the Waterford forum. Why people think its ok to stop there is beyond sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Mulbert

TheBoffin wrote: »

I thought they were called "park anywhere" lights!

Advertisement