Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Falcao for sale again??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Delighted for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Monaco were suppose to be taking FFF to court over that. Did they back down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

punk77 wrote: »

Bizzare, can't imagine it'll happen tbh. No club should have to move their HQ to another country if it wasn't requested upon entry into the league. Platini backing Monaco on this by the looks of things, saying ""I find it a little difficult to understand, it's as if French football always liked Monaco so long as they didn't win." Have to say I agree with him.

Edit: Just realise the source I got that quote from was from May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Owen_S wrote: »
    Delighted for them!

Jealous much?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

ASM FC - OFFICIEL ‏@ASMFC_MONACO 30m
    The club deny categorically rumours around a sale of Falcao. Player signed 5 years for ASMFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Jealous much?

No, merely annoyed that they think they should be allowed to compete in the same league as other French teams despite playing by completely different financial rules, giving them an unfair advantage.

Owen_S wrote: »
    No, merely annoyed that they think they should be allowed to compete in the same league as other French teams despite playing by completely different financial rules, giving them an unfair advantage.

They have always competed under their current rules. Nobody ever complained before. Just because they are now in a position to challenge, it's unfair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They have always competed under their current rules. Nobody ever complained before. Just because they are now in a position to challenge, it's unfair?

So the status quo should never change? Come off it.

Level playing field and all that, same league so same rules for everyone. This should be a simple matter with no debate involved.

Aenaes wrote: »
    So the status quo should never change? Come off it.

Level playing field and all that, same league so same rules for everyone. This should be a simple matter with no debate involved.

But it was never an issue before. Why is it nobody cared until Monaco got into a position to compete at the top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    But it was never an issue before. Why is it nobody cared until Monaco got into a position to compete at the top?

Does it really matter? It's ridiculously unfair, and obviously when they become more relevant, are more people going to kick up a fuss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Story ran in Marc originally? If so then it's probably a spin story. Ruffle the feathers and raise awareness of Monaco's tax status. People were already aware of it, but increase the pressure in the press and the other clubs will push for a change regarding their regulations.

To be fair though, they pretty much have a sweet ride with all them millions and some nice tax exemptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

SantryRed wrote: »
    Does it really matter? It's ridiculously unfair, and obviously when they become more relevant, are more people going to kick up a fuss!

Are Sugar Daddy owners fair then? They clearly give unfair advantages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

GTR63 wrote: »
    Are Sugar Daddy owners fair then? They clearly give unfair advantages.

Yup. Everyone's recognised that Sugar Daddies are financially unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The whole age fiasco seems to have been brushed under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Oranage2 wrote: »
    The whole age fiasco seems to have been brushed under the carpet.

She told me she was 19

Really though, what age thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gosplan wrote: »
    She told me she was 19

Really though, what age thing?

It was claimed recently that Falcao was 29 and not 27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Isn't there a FIFA rule along the lines of not being allowed play for more than 2 clubs in a calendar year? He's already played for Atletico and Monaco so couldn't be sold until Jan anyway I'd thought? (If it was in anyway true that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

8-10 wrote: »
    Isn't there a FIFA rule along the lines of not being allowed play for more than 2 clubs in a calendar year? He's already played for Atletico and Monaco so couldn't be sold until Jan anyway I'd thought? (If it was in anyway true that is)

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs

He could move and play if he wanted to. Them's the rules! I've used that quote loads recently. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Kirby wrote: »
    Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs

He could move and play if he wanted to. Them's the rules! I've used that quote loads recently. :P

But he has played official matches for two clubs already..........

He's only played for one club officially this season, and that's Monaco. He scored against Bordeaux.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Kirby wrote: »
    He's only played for one club officially this season, and that's Monaco. He scored against Bordeaux.

But I think the rule is measured by calendar year and not season.

But....but....the wording in the official website is season! :D:P:confused::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

london clubs pay higher tax than clubs from the north is that not unfair??? same thing

Advertisement