Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approx. Idea of Heating System Cost

Options
  • 16-08-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help give a rough idea of likely cost of installing a central heating system in a 3 bed detached bungalow.

The house in question only has storage heaters fitted throughout at the moment. Just wondering what would it entail having it fully plumbed for radiators/hot water and a solid fuel stove heating system cost wise.

I know it's hard to be specific with so few details but a ballpark figure to give me some idea would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 John317

Hello, prices vary with different plumbers but make sure you don't go with the cheapest one out there. I recently got my house fully plumbed for new radiators and new cylinder and also a condenser boiler the outdoor grant Vortex, my house had the wrong size piping in by the previous owner so my radiators were not heating up, the boiler I had was ancient so I renewed the full system. I got quotations from 3 plumbers and chose the one that I thought was best suited to my budget but also had references of previous work etc.

I went with a plumber that was Oftec registered, I did not decide to go the route of the SEAI grant as it appears more trouble that its worth. It cost me €5000 for the work to be completed, I have a 3 bedroom bungalow aswell and had 11 radiators installed, new pipework throughout, new condenser boiler, new cylinder etc, expect to pay between €4000 and up to €8000 depending on if your going with wireless heating controls etc. If you are going for a condenser boiler, try get a plumber that is qualified to commission it as not all plumbers can do this. For a quotation on a solid fuel stove heating system I would expect around the same price perhaps a bit more all depending on who fits it.

Best of luck,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Great information there, thanks very much, at least it gives me an idea of the likely cost involved now.

Advertisement