Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for GPS Proximity alert for android phone ?

Options
  • 16-08-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some advise and would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

My small org is looking for the solution to a problem, whereby we need to load gps cordinates into the app, and that if any of the clients comes within a certain distance of that GPS loc an alert is noted on the phone.

I trialled a free app called waypoint finder but found it hit and miss. I found it ate the battery in no time and that the app would not notify if the screenlock came on. Really i need this to be more like a service (running all the time) rather than an app that's needed to be launched every time ?

Does anyone know of a developed solution for this ?

Thanks,
    GiJoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

gijoo wrote: »
    My small org is looking for the solution to a problem, whereby we need to load gps cordinates into the app, and that if any of the clients comes within a certain distance of that GPS loc an alert is noted on the phone.

I trialled a free app called waypoint finder but found it hit and miss. I found it ate the battery in no time and that the app would not notify if the screenlock came on. Really i need this to be more like a service (running all the time) rather than an app that's needed to be launched every time ?
    Use a listener:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/location/LocationListener.html

Advertisement