Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a home/micro server in B&M Dublin.

Options
  • 16-08-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Quick as possible.
    Friend of mine is moving his iMac into work. He bought a Macbook air today with 256GB flash storage.

He wants to take all of his Videos/Music/Photo's off his iMac.

He has had problems in the past, and to be honest, an external Hard Drive wouldn't suit him.

I see offers often coming up of Microservers (Usually D-Link) with 1TB for €99.
    The HP Proliant for €129 etc..

Ebuyer NAS good prices - http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Enterprise-Storage/cat/Network-Attached-Storage

But where to buy anything similar in a Bricks & Mortar store in Dublin?
    He doesn't really have the time to wait for delivery and the iMac is going in to work on Monday, so wants everything off it before then.

I though Peats, but they don't seem to have anything, i looked on their website.
    Harvey Norman/Currys, didn't expect them to have them, and they didn't.
    Click.ie (Ashbourne close enough) nope.
    Maplins, nope. I can only access their UK site, and it offers delivery, but they are not available in store.

I can't think of much else.

He doesn't want a Buffalo Linkstation or a WD Mybook etc.
    He wants to be able to add storage to it later on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

There are plenty of second hand NAS options on adverts.ie at the moment, tell your friend to have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

There are plenty of second hand NAS options on adverts.ie at the moment, tell your friend to have a look?

Thanks. Yeah, i'd have no problem with that. I doubt he'd go for it though. He doesn't 'trust' 2nd hand PC's, and if something goes wrong, no warranty/comeback. He has to be the unluckiest person with PC's.. As i type this i'm remembering some of the hassle he's had..

Advertisement