Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have low valued paper shares; how to "cash out"?

• 16-08-2013 7:41pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was signed up with Sharewatch and their associates up to a few months ago, but when things started going sour there (mainly due to the new fees), I requested that I get my shares issued out to me on paper. Right now, they are sitting up in a safe in my bedroom.

Thing is, the two stocks I've invested in are actually moving back towards what I bought them for, and I'm tempted to try and cash out to recoup my initial investment. Both set of shares are relatively small; €800 combined when I bought them, worth about €650 right now. So ideally I'd find somewhere with low enough fees for joining up and cashing out. (No point cashing out for €800 if it costs me a few hundred to do it :rolleyes:).

What would be people's recommendations in terms of going about getting the shares sold? I know I tried to apply for an account with one or two places when I left Sharewatch and they weren't interested in me due to lack of money and experience, and some had crazy fees involved in signing up. What would be the safest but most cost-efficient way of getting my money if and when I decide to?

Comments

Advertisement