Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheques

Options
  • 16-08-2013 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Lodged an AIB cheque Monday and its Friday now and it still hasn't cleared yet. Why in this day and age of technology and such does it take 5 days for such a simple thing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Lodged an AIB cheque Monday and its Friday now and it still hasn't cleared yet. Why in this day and age of technology and such does it take 5 days for such a simple thing

Cheques are a very slow method of transferring cash. It's an ancient process next time ask for a cash transfer. I think cheques will be phased out within the next three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

ROVER wrote: »
    Cheques are a very slow method of transferring cash. It's an ancient process next time ask for a cash transfer. I think cheques will be phased out within the next three years.

Hopefully they will! I rarely write cheques any more but receive a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Dtp79,

All cheques and drafts are subject to clearing. If the item is drawn on a BOI account, it will clear within three working days. Cheques and drafts drawn on other Irish banks take five working days to clear. 

One option that may suit you, would be to request an electronic credit transfer which would not be subject to a clearing process. Transfers between EU banks are received after one working day, provided the transfer is sent before the sending bank's cut off time.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement