Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apps

• 16-08-2013 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

My wife is using a music download app on Samsung and its great. Simply type in the song and it downloads. Every app I try on the iPhone isn't the same... As in I have to type the song, then get redirected to a browser to search. Basically rubbish. Have apple apps anything similar to my wife's Samsung app called " simple mp3 downloader"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Strange. Are you searching through the iTunes Store app and not Safari?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Zcott wrote: »
    Strange. Are you searching through the iTunes Store app and not Safari?

Through the App Store. Can't find the same app as my wife's though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple don't allow music piracy apps, although the occasional one slips through.

Apple don't allow music piracy apps, although the occasional one slips through.

Thanks. Any ones you'd reccomend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Thanks. Any ones you'd reccomend?

A mod on boards (or anyone else) is very unlikely to directly recommend an app to download music illegally.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    A mod on boards (or anyone else) is very unlikely to directly recommend an app to download music illegally.

Sorry. I didn't mean illegally. How come Samsung have the app?? Is it illegal there too? Or is it because apple just want you to purchase from iTunes.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's an iPhone app called iTunes.

there's an iPhone app called iTunes.

Ye and when I download the songs it charges me. At least Samsung is free!

you bought a premium product in the iPhone, can't afford 89c a song :\.

fair enough download spotify and buy a 9.99p/m sub, unlimited music.

you bought a premium product in the iPhone, can't afford 89c a song :\.

fair enough download spotify and buy a 9.99p/m sub, unlimited music.

Is that an in app purchase?

• Advertisement

nope, comes from your spotify account, can do setup with credit card or paypal. well worth the money.

nope, comes from your spotify account, can do setup with credit card or paypal. well worth the money.

Ill look into that thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Spotify is streaming only and not purchasing. iTunes is your best legal way to buy music on your iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Is this post really about piracy and ways of doing so? And still active???

jarvis wrote: »
    Is this post really about piracy and ways of doing so? And still active???

Im no pirate! Just asking if apple have the same as Samsung and turns out they don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Too many dogooders posting here. Why would he pay 89c per song song if he can get it for free? I've got a Samsung so idk but I'm sure there are ways. I'm sure Apple will survive without 89c and before someone says what if everyone did that apple would go bust yada yada well peeps would probably get a samsung then problem solved. Gl pirate

Weathering wrote: »
    Too many dogooders posting here. Why would he pay 89c per song song if he can get it for free? I've got a Samsung so idk but I'm sure there are ways. I'm sure Apple will survive without 89c and before someone says what if everyone did that apple would go bust yada yada well peeps would probably get a samsung then problem solved. Gl pirate
    we're not do-gooders, we just prefer to actually paid for goods and services that we use and get enjoyment out of. We never said apple needed the money.

Sure actually you know what I'm cancelling my car insurance/tax tomorrow cause my insurer and the government won't miss my €1000 a year.

we're not do-gooders, we just prefer to actually paid for goods and services that we use and get enjoyment out of. We never said apple needed the money.

Sure actually you know what I'm cancelling my car insurance/tax tomorrow cause my insurer and the government won't miss my €1000 a year.
    If there was a company offering you free tax and insurance for a year wouldn't you choose them???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

If there was a company offering you free tax and insurance for a year wouldn't you choose them???

What company is offering free music????
    If it was a random stranger who was allowing me to download an insurance disc if probably decline.

I made the original point because its in the site rules that piracy cannot be discussed yet here we are in a thread that's a couple of days old now with blatant reference to obtaining music illegally.

If it was a random stranger who was allowing me to download an insurance disc if probably decline.

I made the original point because its in the site rules that piracy cannot be discussed yet here we are in a thread that's a couple of days old now with blatant reference to obtaining music illegally.

Jesus I'm only asking about an app. there's LOADS of apple apps that do free music downloads only their sh1t. The Samsung one is excellent and my original simple question was .... Do apple have one similar ..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No.

Get Spotify. It's excellent and only 10 euro a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

There's a difference.

A company is offering you free insurance of their own free will.

Downloading music without the artists permission or knowledge is not the same.

Now, if the artist was voluntarily allowing people to download an album or song of their own free will, it would be the same thing.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    There's a difference.

A company is offering you free insurance of their own free will.

Downloading music without the artists permission or knowledge is not the same.

Now, if the artist was voluntarily allowing people to download an album or song of their own free will, it would be the same thing.

Then why on earth are these apps allowed on the market.?

Well isn't that just fantastic. Just think of all those songs you can download now with your extra grand. The sense of self gratification from purchasing them will be immense. Enjoy tiger

Don't worry your wee cotton socks I've called the local priest and he's coming around to save our pirate souls. I hope I still get in to heaven for this

11. Thou shalt not download music illegally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

11. Thou shalt not download music illegally

I think it's covered already under "Thou Shalt Not Steal".

TBi wrote: »
    I think it's covered already under "Thou Shalt Not Steal".

But downloading wasn't an option back then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

It's still taking something for free that is normally paid for, which is stealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What is this samsung app that you speak of, i find it incredibly hard to believe that it's legal, or are you thinking of a streaming service to play any song? God, you're not talking about Google Play Music All-access are you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement