Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i create a site with domain already registered elsewhere

Options
  • 16-08-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Im doing a site for someone that has bought their domain with someone else.

How do i just create the site on here then connect it to the other domain ?

I looked at help and it said 
    1. Go to All Domains. 
    2. Click on the Add Existing Domain Registered Elsewhere button.

But i dont see that.

Also do i select Apache for a wordpress hosting ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Please contact our support team directly with your account details etc., and they'll be able to provide you with instructions

For Wordpress you should choose Apache

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Ok,

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Blacknight wrote: »
    Please contact our support team directly with your account details etc., and they'll be able to provide you with instructions

For Wordpress you should choose Apache
    I think it is part of your manual outdated. I can see it straight on your Help page:
    https://help.blacknight.com/entries/22957476-How-can-I-add-a-domain-to-my-account-and-ensure-it-gets-added-to-your-nameservers-

And me too cant see anything like "Home >> Hosted Domains >> Add existing domain registered elsewhere".
    But I can see "Home >> Hosted Domains >> Add registered domain". So i presume you just changed a texting?
    Or maybe because I don't have any domain registered with you?

Anyway - could you please confirm ""Home >> Hosted Domains >> Add registered domain" means the same as "Home >> Hosted Domains >> Add existing domain registered elsewhere" ??

And additional question, somehow connected to the topic.

Simple - if I have already domain registered with someone else - but I want to use your hosting for the website - do I have to buy  a domain with you? I don't mind to buy some cheap domain with you if I have to - I just need to know IF I have to!

The wording has changed in a recent upgrade, you do use "Home >> Hosted Domains >> Add registered domain".

We are updating the article now.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

The wording has changed in a recent upgrade, you do use "Home >> Hosted Domains >> Add registered domain".

We are updating the article now.

Thanks.
    Thank you for your comment. Could you please answer second question - if I have hosting with you but I don't have any domain with you (and I use temporary domain like, for example,  http://www.d1141432.cp.blacknight.com) - can I register existing domain registered elsewhere? Or I have first to buy domain with you (as I mentioned - I don't mind to buy, I just want to know if I have to)??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can use a domain that you have already registered elsewhere or transfer a domain to us.

Blacknight wrote: »
    You can use a domain that you have already registered elsewhere or transfer a domain to us.
    I afraid I was not precise enough - I have situation like that:

5Txww9.jpg

Where after "URL" I put my domain hosted with someone else and after "Forwarding URL" I put my temporary url with blacknight (as I dont have domain bought with you). Is that correct configuration. Can I use temporary URL there?

Advertisement