Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless smoke detector hkc 10 70

Options
  • 16-08-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Can you get a wireless smoke detector for hkc that will enrol on the panel as such .. And activate alarm when activation occurs ... Will it signal low battery to rkp!?
    Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

You can indeed, HKC manufacture their own range of smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors which are all wireless, fully compatible and fully supervised by the 10/70 or Quantum panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

kub wrote: »
    You can indeed, HKC manufacture their own range of smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors which are all wireless, fully compatible and fully supervised by the 10/70 or Quantum panels.

That's brill Thks a mill. I am going to get one so. And a wireless pir. Would you happen to know how to enable the led in the pirs? Is it just a switch on rear of unit?thks for your answer.
    Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

That's brill Thks a mill. I am going to get one so. And a wireless pir. Would you happen to know how to enable the led in the pirs? Is it just a switch on rear of unit?thks for your answer.
    Paddy.

Paddy you have me thinking, God knows I should know off the top of my head considering the amount I have installed.
    If I remember correctly there is no physical switch on the detector. I know that the l.e.d.s work when the particular system is in engineer mode. Then when put to normal use the l.e.d.s do not work, its all about battery retention afaik.

Now having said all that it might be worth your while checking the Zone Options of that detector, you may find a choice in there.

Paddy you have me thinking, God knows I should know off the top of my head considering the amount I have installed.
    If I remember correctly there is no physical switch on the detector. I know that the l.e.d.s work when the particular system is in engineer mode. Then when put to normal use the l.e.d.s do not work, its all about battery retention afaik.

Now having said all that it might be worth your while checking the Zone Options of that detector, you may find a choice in there.

I know it's such a simple thing! To be honest I expected loads of replies ! It is a simple customer preference issue that must come up very regularly ! I don't want to start messing about with the settings till I know exactly but Thks ... Altor or someone like that will answer the query soon I'm confident 😊

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It doesn't appear to be an option there.

267802.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

no the LEDs can't be enabled . It would be useless anyway as the PiRs are two way wireless . The PIRs are asleep when the system is disarmed and wake immediately upon arming .
    But the detectors are just as good as HKCs wired version .

If you use the RF smoke/heat/carbon detectors you will also get an announciation from the keypad

Ie. the keypad will speak "poisonous Carbon monoxide gas detected, evacuate the premises immediately "

Evolution1 wrote: »
    no the LEDs can't be enabled . It would be useless anyway as the PiRs are two way wireless . The PIRs are asleep when the system is disarmed and wake immediately upon arming .
    But the detectors are just as good as HKCs wired version .

If you use the RF smoke/heat/carbon detectors you will also get an announciation from the keypad

Ie. the keypad will speak "poisonous Carbon monoxide gas detected, evacuate the premises immediately "

thank you very interesting! I know the wired pir led operates continually whether armed or not....wireless are different obviously thanks..

thank you very interesting! I know the wired pir led operates continually whether armed or not....wireless are different obviously thanks..

Yes as the PiRS are asleep when the system is unset .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes as the PiRS are asleep when the system is unset .

Not really. They're still "listening" for commands from the panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Fred is correct. The PiRs are always powered up & awaiting signals from the panel.

• Advertisement

The pir sensors do not detect movement while the panel is unset they are asleep so it's not possible for the LED to light up .
    They wake upon arming the panel

With other PiRs asleep means they are not transmitting movement back to the panel.
    Is it not the same with HKC?

They are in a very low power state ( asleep ) the poll and await the arm signal from the panel . They detect no movement while the panel is unset like other rf pirs

Which other PiRs are you referring to?
    In many while they sleep they are still picking up movement. That's why they stay asleep.
    Where there is no movement for a period of time they wake up again. If they do not detect movement when asleep how would these PiRs know when to awake??

KoolKid wrote: »
    Which other PiRs are you referring to?
    In many while they sleep they are still picking up movement. That's why they stay asleep.
    Where there is no movement for a period of time they wake up again. If they do not detect movement when asleep how would these PiRs know when to awake??

Mod - you can close this thread .
    I wanted to know if wireless pir have led capability when system unset it appears not .. So I am happy Thks

Thats fine, but I think its worthwhile clarifying points being raised by others.
    There is some wild inaccuracies flying around between here and another thread re wireless,batteries & installers behaviour towards them.
    I think its fair to give others a chance to reply.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thats fine, but I think its worthwhile clarifying points being raised by others.
    There is some wild inaccuracies flying around between here and another thread re wireless,batteries & installers behaviour towards them.
    I think its fair to give others a chance to reply.

no bother. My query is answered. anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

The pir sensors do not detect movement while the panel is unset

That is correct. They as such don't sleep but conserve power like you have described above.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rob6052

Hi can anyone tell me how you test a Hkc co detector from the keypad itself ? What do you go into ?

Rob6052 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me how you test a Hkc co detector from the keypad itself ? What do you go into ?

If you dont have engineer access you can user the user walk test to test all devices on the system.
    0#3 and your user code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Rob6052

altor wrote: »
    If you dont have engineer access you can user the user walk test to test all devices on the system.
    0#3 and your user code.

Hi thanks for reply I do have engineer access what do i go into to test this ?

Rob6052 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for reply I do have engineer access what do i go into to test this ?

0#3 and your user code is the user walk test on the system.

Advertisement