If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man-cave equipment!

Options
  • 16-08-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm in the process of putting the finishing touches on my man cave (that my wife has graciously allowed me to have) and I'm drawing up a bit of a shopping list. I was wondering if you guys could price a few items and make some comments / suggestions.

I was thinking:
    Panasonic P50VT65 (I just have to measure the cabinet to make sure it'll fit!)
    along with:
    Tannoy TFX 5.1
    and a:
    Pioneer VSX922?

what do you think?

PS: attached a link to the work in progress

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MacXP_Irl wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm in the process of putting the finishing touches on my man cave (that my wife has graciously allowed me to have) and I'm drawing up a bit of a shopping list. I was wondering if you guys could price a few items and make some comments / suggestions.

I was thinking:
    Panasonic P50VT65 (I just have to measure the cabinet to make sure it'll fit!)
    along with:
    Tannoy TFX 5.1
    and a:
    Pioneer VSX922?

what do you think?

PS: attached a link to the work in progress
    Hi MacXP_Irl.

The 50VT65 is a stunning TV and coming in priced at £1699.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/search/50vt65

The Pioneer VSX922 is now finished and has been replaced by the VSX923 which is priced at £449. however we can offer a VSX923 at £349.95 giving a further £100 off the retail.

Tannoy TFX pack is priced at £249.95 - Nice compact speaker pack giving good sound and worth the money.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/tfx-5.1/tann-tfx5.1-blk

Have you already got your cables for the system or do you require them also?

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MacXP_Irl

thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I'm exiled in Co.Cork, can you price that up in euros?

The cabinet I have has an opening of 1390x915 to fit a panel in, a quick google search says that the Panny should fit.

speaker cables have already been run behind the skirting but i'd need 2x HDMI cables. 

that amp is a bit pricey, I was hoping to keep that aroung the €300 mark, any suggestions?

thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I'm exiled in Co.Cork, can you price that up in euros?

The cabinet I have has an opening of 1390x915 to fit a panel in, a quick google search says that the Panny should fit.

speaker cables have already been run behind the skirting but i'd need 2x HDMI cables. 

that amp is a bit pricey, I was hoping to keep that aroung the €300 mark, any suggestions?
    Hi MacXP_Irl.

Here goes with Euro pricing.

50VT65 priced at 2073.10 Euro.
    Tannoy TFX priced at £304.00 Euro.

On the amp side of things you could have a look at the Onkyo TXNR515 priced at 300 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr515/onky-txnr515-blk

Or the Yamaha RXV375 priced also at 300 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv375/yama-rxv375-blk

QED HDMI 1m priced at £24.95 / 30.50 Euro each.

Panasonic 50VT65:
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dimensions excluding stand[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dimensions of set excluding any stand, bracket or detachable speakers (W x H x D) in mm[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1203 x 702 x 50[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dimensions including stand[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dimensions of set including stand (W x H x D) in mm[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1203 x 790 x 301[/font]

Hi MacXP_Irl.

On the amp side of things you could have a look at the Onkyo TXNR515 priced at 300 Euro

Panasonic 50VT65:
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dimensions of set excluding any stand, bracket or detachable speakers (W x H x D) in mm[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dimensions of set including stand (W x H x D) in mm[/font]

I think I'd pass on those HDMI cables, pricey! 

It seems like the Onkyo 515 is the one to go for.

Are they the best prices you can do for a boardie? I know you guys already do free shipping for us but when I check your online cart I see the attached...(€2660 ish)

Also is mastercard ok, and what would the lead time be?

Hi MacXP_Irl.

Panasonic 50VT65:

I think I'd pass on those HDMI cables, pricey! 

It seems like the Onkyo 515 is the one to go for.

Are they the best prices you can do for a boardie? I know you guys already do free shipping for us but when I check your online cart I see the attached...(€2660 ish)

Also is mastercard ok, and what would the lead time be?
    Hey.

The total in Euro would come in at 2659.97 this would include delivery of the items also.

We do have a few cheaper HDMI cables a 2m priced at 13.50 Euro.

Master card is fine, the only thing we don't take are IOU's :)

We can have this direct shipped from our warehouse and that should make delivery to yourself Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a plan, my wife is off Wednesday so should be around to accept the delivery if the courier rings before-hand.
    Whats the easiest for you guys to take my address and arrange payment? online?

Sounds like a plan, my wife is off Wednesday so should be around to accept the delivery if the courier rings before-hand.
    Hey MacXP_IRL.

You can do it on the website no problem or PM me your number and I can give you a buzz for the details.

Hey MacXP_IRL.

You can do it on the website no problem or PM me your number and I can give you a buzz for the details.
    pm'd there about an hr ago. might be a bit ate in the day now.

good morning Kenny,

just nudging you on this...

Regards,

Thomas

hey guys, everything has arrived and is in the process of being set up. Thanks for everything, it's been a pleasure to deal with you. I'll post a pic once everything's done.

• Advertisement

hey guys, everything has arrived and is in the process of being set up. Thanks for everything, it's been a pleasure to deal with you. I'll post a pic once everything's done.
    Hi MacXP,

Glad to hear everything has arrived ok :)  And thanks for the kind words.

If there is anything we can help with during set up just let us know.

Looking forward to seeing it when its all done.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.