Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise margin tad high?

• 17-08-2013 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,576 ✭✭✭✭

My broadband is awful these days lads, ping is ridiculous. No internet connectivity on the modem/router

Here are my stats

W7J4s4o.png

THoughts on that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Noise margin is the amount by which the signal EXCEEDS the noise.

High is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,576 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Noise margin is the amount by which the signal EXCEEDS the noise.

High is good.

oh right thanks

so everything is perfect there then, sigh...

Imagine being stuck on 3mb on those stats, ****ing disgusting. Most people would die for those stats (outside upc areas of course)

Sounds like you are close to the exchange but that it's a small one with very limited backhaul ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,576 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sounds like you are close to the exchange but that it's a small one with very limited backhaul ..

Nail on the head there SpaceTime. Yes a small exchange with only 16meg

God I ****ing hate eircom, wish they would die already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Headshot wrote: »
    Nail on the head there SpaceTime. Yes a small exchange with only 16meg

God I ****ing hate eircom, wish they would die already

Well, if it wasnt for them you wouldn't have ANY BB. They provide it because they have to, small areas like that will never be installed by private companies, it'd make a loss.

As radio links get cheaper such exchanges may well be upgraded, but if you can just move to dublin :p

• Advertisement

I think there's an argument for subsidising the back haul connections on a supplier neutral basis. State owned fibre to those small exchanges and let eircom and the other operators, including wireless ones connect to it at a low price.

Otherwise it won't improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think there's an argument for subsidising the back haul connections on a supplier neutral basis. State owned fibre to those small exchanges and let eircom and the other operators, including wireless ones connect to it at a low price.

Otherwise it won't improve.

Hah, this is Ireland remember. Progressive thinking, whats that.

Advertisement