Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kapa

Has anybody got an update on Stradbally and Kilrossanty tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

when we getting the minor team ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

when we getting the minor team ?
    if Limerick win the DRA case than we could be playing the final on the weekend of the 14/15 sep. They would hardly play the semi final replay early on saturday 7th sep and then the final 24 hours later.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    if Limerick win the DRA case than we could be playing the final on the weekend of the 14/15 sep. They would hardly play the semi final replay early on saturday 7th sep and then the final 24 hours later.

ok side topic , hens the DRA to meet, surely our lads are in training in expectation of playing on the big day .

on the bright side were they to need to replay be no shortage of tickets

ok side topic , hens the DRA to meet, surely our lads are in training in expectation of playing on the big day .

on the bright side were they to need to replay be no shortage of tickets

The minor final might to played with the Under 21 final Antrim vs Clare on Sat 14th. Cant see Limerick winning the DRA case. It will be a relief for the hawkeye saga to be over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Anyone hear of any injuries for the starting 15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The minor final might to played with the Under 21 final Antrim vs Clare on Sat 14th. Cant see Limerick winning the DRA case. It will be a relief for the hawkeye saga to be over

I know. What about the Waterford folk who had to fork out €90 for their AI ticket for the sole purpose of seeing the minor final?

Limerick would want tio be ashamed of themselves imo. They had a chance to look at the bigger picture and walk away from it with their heads held high. I dont know whats going to happen but if they are granted a replay it places phenomenal pressure on their players. I know theyve been training away but youd have to question how mentally prepared they would be for an AI replay and I could see Galway pulverising them. Then qeue a massive backlash from the Limerick public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

HillFarmer wrote: »
    Anyone hear of any injuries for the starting 15?

Do we know the starting 15. The same 15 has not started two consecutive games.

Any word from the DRA meeting

was it tonight?

• Advertisement

was it tonight?

Just heard no replay granted

thank f***

Update - No decision made yet

robopaddy wrote: »
    Just heard no replay granted

thank f***

Update - No decision made yet

was gonna say twitter says the appeal has ended but the decision is tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

Reported on WLR, and other media sources, that Limerick have lost their appeal!!! Full steam ahead for Croke Park!!

http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/limerick-sport/limerick-lose-minor-hurling-hawk-eye-objection-1-5448694

http://www.newstalk.ie/Limerick-lose-appeal-over-Hawkeye-error

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Better late than never, but this should have been tied up at least a week ago. Not fair on any of the parties involved.

In ticket news, I'm informed that Cork won't be distributing their tickets to fans until Thursday/Friday of this week. Seems like absolute madness if true, you'd wonder how people plan around the day at such short notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

hardybuck wrote: »
    Better late than never, but this should have been tied up at least a week ago. Not fair on any of the parties involved.

In ticket news, I'm informed that Cork won't be distributing their tickets to fans until Thursday/Friday of this week. Seems like absolute madness if true, you'd wonder how people plan around the day at such short notice.

Not true - Know many people in Cork and they all have their tickets already.Friday wouldn't be feasible - there are plenty, myself included, who are going to Ireland v sweden on Friday
    , leopardstown on Saturday and the All Ire on sunday !

jacko1 wrote: »
    Not true - Know many people in Cork and they all have their tickets already.Friday wouldn't be feasible - there are plenty, myself included, who are going to Ireland v sweden on Friday
    , leopardstown on Saturday and the All Ire on sunday !

Strange, my Cork sources would normally be pretty reliable. It could just be a club or divisional issue - it's a huge county.

Yeah going to be some weekend. Throw in the Kilmacud 7s into that as well as a big sporting event going on. I don't think it is very popular it is with Waterford clubs, which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sami Jenkis

Fixtures have been set for Senior Hurling&Football quarter Finals, and relegation Play-offs...

A Chara,

The C.C.C.C. met last night and made the following fixtures:

Senior Hurling Quarter Finals:

De La Salle V Ballygunner - Walsh Park - Saturday - 14th September - throw in 5.30pm - Referee Tommy O'Sullivan

On Sunday 15th September - Fraher Field:

Mount Sion V Tallow - throw in 1.30pm - Referee Thomas Walsh

Passage V Ballyduff Upper - throw in 3pm - Referee Ml Wadding

Fourmilewater V Abbeyside - throw in 6pm - Referee Pat Casey

Note in the event of a draw at full time all these games will go to extra time.

Senior Hurling Relegation Playoff:

An Rinn V Roanmore - in Kill - on Saturday 14th September - throw in 3pm - Referee Paul Foley

Note in the event of a draw this game will be replayed.

Senior Football Quarter Finals:

Nire V Kilrossanty - in Fraher Field - on Friday 20th September - throw in 8pm - Referee M Condon

Stradbally V Ballinameela - in Fraher Field - on Saturday 21st September - throw in 3pm - Referee S Landers

Clashmore Kinsalebeg V An Rinn - in Fraher Field - on Saturday 21st September - throw in 4.45pm - Referee T O Sullivan

Ballinacourty V Saint Saviours - in Carriganore - on Saturday 21st September - throw in 7pm - Referee A Kissane

Note in the event of a draw at full time all these games will go to extra time.

Senior Football Relegation play off:

Gaultier V Brickey Rangers - in Stradbally on Saturday 21st September - throw in 3pm - referee M Curran

Note in the event of a draw this game will be replayed.

The official notice to follow.

Regards

Fair play to Saviours. Must be the first year in a long time that they haven't been contesting a relegation playoff.

Passage, as predicted, get stung with a long journey to Dungarvan.

DLS v Ballygunner will probably be the highest profile fixture this season.

Passage, as predicted, get stung with a long journey to Dungarvan

ah give over with this if you wanted a venue exactly half way Im sure youd find some field around Bridgie Terries Pub on the Pike there or around there somewhere

They are probably the 2 furthest apart clubs in the county with Ballyduff practically in Cork and Passage only across the river from Wexford and while Ballyduff is closer in proximity to Dungarvan I can guarantee timewise there is very little difference. Talking about 5 or 10 mins max when you consider the contrasting quality of roads both sides have to travel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ballyvoile Boy

Roanmore got fair stung, having to play in the middle of their annual charity hurling blitz. They have u8/u9 teams coming from all over Ireland to play in it. Who'll make the sangwiches now?

I notice from Twitter that Abbeyside are playing Cappoquin U21 hurling tonight in the FF. Anyone any idea where to get info on the U21 fixtures in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

ah give over with this if you wanted a venue exactly half way Im sure youd find some field around Bridgie Terries Pub on the Pike there or around there somewhere

They are probably the 2 furthest apart clubs in the county with Ballyduff practically in Cork and Passage only across the river from Wexford and while Ballyduff is closer in proximity to Dungarvan I can guarantee timewise there is very little difference. Talking about 5 or 10 mins max when you consider the contrasting quality of roads both sides have to travel

Yeah I mean at the end of the day, it's not like it's their home pitch. Thinking we need a neutral venue down to the last mile is a bit ridiculous. The fact is Fraher Field is much better equipped to hold a game of that stature than Kilmacthomas would be.

Well I made three points, and you've picked out one to go on more about.

I've already made my opinions clear, as have others. In the absence of a suitable venue in the middle of the county, the teams should toss a coin for Walsh Park or Fraher Field, as opposed to Fraher Field being the default option on every occasion, or at the very least put a home and away agreement in place between the clubs.

That's all I've to say on it.

Sure I heard the Ballyduff lads are gonna walk to Fraher Field it's so close. Totally unfair!

Sure I heard the Ballyduff lads are gonna walk to Fraher Field it's so close. Totally unfair!

Yeah, surprised DLS v Ballygunner isn't fixed for Fraher Field as well as part of a quadruple header. That would keep everyone down there happy.

As an aside, at least the CB have fixed a triple header having decided the venues. That should give the punters plenty of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sami Jenkis

Roanmore got fair stung, having to play in the middle of their annual charity hurling blitz. They have u8/u9 teams coming from all over Ireland to play in it. Who'll make the sangwiches now?

I notice from Twitter that Abbeyside are playing Cappoquin U21 hurling tonight in the FF. Anyone any idea where to get info on the U21 fixtures in general?

Is this the Stephen O' Keefe tournament you're on about? If so, that was held 2 weekends ago, when they had loads of teams down.

Lemybrien (Kilrossanty GAA) field is exactly half way by road between Passage and Ballyduff Upper and the same time to drive to from the southernmost part of Ardmore and the northernmost part of fourmilewater.

I propose the new stadium be called Jackson Park.

Yeah, surprised DLS v Ballygunner isn't fixed for Fraher Field as well as part of a quadruple header. That would keep everyone down there happy.

As an aside, at least the CB have fixed a triple header having decided the venues. That should give the punters plenty of value.

Yeah sure the sooner we just blow up the east we'll all be happy ;) I know the Passage fans have a slightly longer journey to Fraher Field than Walsh Park but not that much. Personally, I would go support my club if we were playing down in Walsh Park v a City team and while I'd prefer it at a neutral venue at the end of the day it's not like they're gaining that much of an advantage.

And the players can't have any complaints, the venue is not going to advantage Ballyduff anymore than them. If they lose the game it will be nothing to with it being held in Fraher Field.

Just on the triple header, it's 1pm, 3pm and then 6pm, yes? So there''ll be over an hour and a half gap between the last two. Does that mean people could go into the Park or whatever, just to get some food? Will they offer tickets to people who want to leave? I know you probably don't have the answers to that it's moire a general question because if that service isn't available then why not have the last game at 5pm? 1pm to to roughly 6.15pm is a long time, but til 7.15 is even longer to go without food and such.

This is the fixture list courtesy of Jarjohn back in January/February:

U21 A: Semis- Dungarvan v Cappoquin/Abbeyside and Lismore/ClashmorevComeragh Gaels
    Starting Aug/Sep

U21 B: Semis- Ardmore/FMW v An Gaeltacht/Ballyduff and St Olivers v Tallow/Brickeys
    Starting Aug/Sep

Not sure the exact times and dates, I know last week's observer mentioned it as the opening game but I've heard nothing about the start time for the other games. These are just Western board fixtures, dunno what the East line ups are.

Strange though that this games between Dungarvan and Glenshelane is going ahead considering the involvement of Patrick Curran and Kevin Daly in the Minor final at the weekend. Considering it was enough to have them postpone Senior Football games and Hurling games (which personally I think is ridiculous and unfair on the club players that don't play County) the Minor players would surely be of more importance to the u21 team.

I would imagine the rest of the A and B will commence next week presuming theres a result in the Minor all-ireland final.

Yeah sure the sooner we just blow up the east we'll all be happy ;) I know the Passage fans have a slightly longer journey to Fraher Field than Walsh Park but not that much. Personally, I would go support my club if we were playing down in Walsh Park v a City team and while I'd prefer it at a neutral venue at the end of the day it's not like they're gaining that much of an advantage.

And the players can't have any complaints, the venue is not going to advantage Ballyduff anymore than them. If they lose the game it will be nothing to with it being held in Fraher Field.

Just on the triple header, it's 1pm, 3pm and then 6pm, yes? So there''ll be over an hour and a half gap between the last two. Does that mean people could go into the Park or whatever, just to get some food? Will they offer tickets to people who want to leave? I know you probably don't have the answers to that it's moire a general question because if that service isn't available then why not have the last game at 5pm? 1pm to to roughly 6.15pm is a long time, but til 7.15 is even longer to go without food and such.

Ah now, slightly is a big understatement. Going to Dungarvan trebles the journey time.

Yeah, I didn't look at the times at all myself. 6pm doesn't make any sense to me at all.

• Advertisement

Is this the Stephen O' Keefe tournament you're on about? If so, that was held 2 weekends ago, when they had loads of teams down.

Usually the weekend after the AI. They would have over a hundred teams coming usually. Heard it was supposed to be on Sept 14th, but maybe it got moved?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement