Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

what time is that at??

5pm Sunday 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bullseye500

Lismore should of won that game today decided to take it in as I was down for the bank holiday,entertaining game.

One player who caught my eye was john Prendergast,although outshone by his younger brother David grabbing two goals.No surprise from the Prendergast family the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after his father Barney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

I cant help but feel that this year is a bit of a write-off at this stage. Too many injuries, too many young players who are a year or 2 off really making an impact, and management team that look like theywill need a year or 2 to really get to grips with the job.

Our league performances are a fair indicator...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Maurice aggravated his injury yesterday and faces a month out now

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Did Jamie Barron get injured yesterday? Heard he injured his hand but i wasnt at the game so not sure.

The injuries are ridiculous at this stage. Hard enough playing the likes of Cork at the best of times but we just cant be missing 9/10 players and expect a win.

Losing Philip Mahony and Molumphy are big blows to this team. I wonder will players be called up to the panel at this stage - the likes of Paudie Pender or David O'Sullivan

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Is Paudie Prendergast not on the panel? I was sure that he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Is Paudie Prendergast not on the panel? I was sure that he was.

I thought so myself that he was definitely on it

I thought so myself that he was definitely on it

Was it not his cousin John with them at the start of the year?

Was it not his cousin John with them at the start of the year?

Paudie p is definetly on it. Should be starting even

• Advertisement

I cant even read anymore. What an absolute disaster. Especially for mahony who missed all last year to go travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

robopaddy wrote: »
    I cant even read anymore. What an absolute disaster. Especially for mahony who missed all last year to go travelling.

That's an unreal list of injuries. If I didn't know better, I'd say that Yerraism was spreading from Kerry.

I still wouldn't write off Waterford as the Cork defence can be got at and when we've come up against the sweeper system, we've struggled as in the 2nd half of the league game v Limerick.

John Prendergast broke his thumb against passage, he can wave goodbye to breaking into the panel now.Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Paudie p is definetly on it. Should be starting even

Fair enough. He didnt feature in any league games this year did he? Looked like he would kick on after a good showing last summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Did Jamie Barron get injured yesterday? Heard he injured his hand but i wasnt at the game so not sure.

The injuries are ridiculous at this stage. Hard enough playing the likes of Cork at the best of times but we just cant be missing 9/10 players and expect a win.

Losing Philip Mahony and Molumphy are big blows to this team. I wonder will players be called up to the panel at this stage - the likes of Paudie Pender or David O'Sullivan

Did not see any evidence of it, he got one belt first hand but 30mins later ran the field to score a point so Id say hes fine.

Definetly saw Prendergasts name on a programme during the league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Sizing Waterford

2 games gone into the senior championship for all teams now.

Who has been yer teams so far that have impressed and not impressed? Roanmore to me look like a much improved team, a draw with passage co champs in first game and beating FMW in last game show good form. Ardmore and Tallow look up against it even this early on.

2 games gone into the senior championship for all teams now.

Who has been yer teams so far that have impressed and not impressed? Roanmore to me look like a much improved team, a draw with passage co champs in first game and beating FMW in last game show good form. Ardmore and Tallow look up against it even this early on.

You can't look past de la salle or ballygunner.Think it's ballygunners year IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Sizing Waterford

You can't look past de la salle or ballygunner.Think it's ballygunners year IMO.

Definitley the two favourites and on paper the best two teams yes. But you just never know, passage last year cam out of nowhere, Dungarvan have the players too but are still very young so maybe in couple years they will be better. I think cappoquin will walk the intermediate , theyv a super strong team for that grade, theyv 3 co minors on their first 15 which werent playing last year. They wud rattle a few teams in the senior grade too imo, i believe they already have beaten a few in challenge games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

Definitley the two favourites and on paper the best two teams yes. But you just never know, passage last year cam out of nowhere, Dungarvan have the players too but are still very young so maybe in couple years they will be better. I think cappoquin will walk the intermediate , theyv a super strong team for that grade, theyv 3 co minors on their first 15 which werent playing last year. They wud rattle a few teams in the senior grade too imo, i believe they already have beaten a few in challenge games.

Cappoquin some nice hurlers but seem a wicked small team, hopefully that wont stand against them because are are a fine team.
    They have been down intermediate for an age now, admittedly deservedly so until recently

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hopefully we give Cork a game and be ready for the quilfers

With our luck we will draw Galway or Kilkenny in the 1st round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭sid wallace

Only to be expected really when some of the players were playing championship matches four weeks in a row. Unless they go out in bubble wrap players are bound to get injured.

Anyway look on the bright side. All of these injured players won't have to go training so Tom and Timmy will save a fortune on expenses and dinners. And if the county get knocked out in the first round of the qualifiers then the debt will be nearly wiped.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

Can anyone confirm what Brian OHallorans injury is? Is it the ankle that kept him out last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

glick6 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm what Brian OHallorans injury is? Is it the ankle that kept him out last year?
    Ankle yeah. He's back playing but nowhere near match fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Only to be expected really when some of the players were playing championship matches four weeks in a row. Unless they go out in bubble wrap players are bound to get injured.

Anyway look on the bright side. All of these injured players won't have to go training so Tom and Timmy will save a fortune on expenses and dinners. And if the county get knocked out in the first round of the qualifiers then the debt will be nearly wiped.

Does Philip Mahony play football? Maurice played football he di? Come off it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

PTH2009 wrote: »
    hopefully we give Cork a game and be ready for the quilfers

With our luck we will draw Galway or Kilkenny in the 1st round

its a sad state of affairs that its come to this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭deisedude

its a sad state of affairs that its come to this

There is 12 players injured. What do you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

deisedude wrote: »
    There is 12 players injured. What do you expect?

even if all 12 were available this new gameplan is doomed to failure...goals scores win games

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Waterford cd

Lismore should of won that game today decided to take it in as I was down for the bank holiday,entertaining game.

One player who caught my eye was john Prendergast,although outshone by his younger brother David grabbing two goals.No surprise from the Prendergast family the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after his father Barney.

Interestingly enough plays corner back on county minor team, maybe put him the forwards as der lacking scoring forwards??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

even if all 12 were available this new gameplan is doomed to failure...goals scores win games

they win the games for the teams who manage to score a few...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Give it up. Every side in the league played four games in four weekends during the league. Currently in the Leinster Championship Preliminary Rounds, teams are playing 4 games in 28 days, before playing in the Championship proper!

What is the county board's involvement in injury prevention here? Maurice Shanahan for example, seems to have togged out twice for his club while unfit. As a result, he's going to be out injured for a longer period, and unavailable for selection.

Given the money that has been invested in him during the preparations so far this year, and given the money that will now be invested in his recovery, should there be a closer role for the county team physio's in at least advising to the clubs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement