Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Well done Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

The chance of AI glory doesn't come around that often, and fair play to the players and management team for grabbing the chance and ramming it home. Dungarvan tomorrow night I presume :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Good win today

huge traffic jam on the motorway left Clonliffe college at aboutt 6pm and not even in Naas yet

Jesus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

From WLR:
    Waterford's All Ireland Minor hurling Champions will be welcomed home to Waterford City and Dungarvan tomorrow evening (Monday). The team will arrive into Plunkett station and travel by open-top bus to City Hall on The Mall for a reception at 6.30pm.The lads will then make their way to Dungarvan and into the town centre from Abbeyside for a reception at 9pm. You're encouraged to come and along and show your support and appreciation of our victorious minor team.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

Well Done to the Waterford Minor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mrkdips

The future definitely looks blue and white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Chinpool wrote: »
    Farrell doing nothing out there

O'Brien as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Black Suir wrote: »
    O'Brien as well.

Wouldnt say that too much. Only other player I had a problem with was Devain but to be fair he played well the last 15 minutes or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

I had concerns about the lads on the line in the lead up to the final, but will have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong. They got it right today. Well done to the players and the Management team and their back room team. A brilliant win.

Déise Abu.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Fantastic performance from the lads today. I have to say I had my doubts before the game but the character shown by the team in the second half when galway came back to draw 15 points each was great to see. We needed this win today to show we can send waterford teams to croke park and win ireland's.

This is the beginning of waterford hurling for the next decade. From 98 when we started to do better at senior we never had a panel with depth to go all the way. Now with our 5th year of producing a decent minor team with this year being the best, we now have the belief we can actually win an all ireland in waterford. Also well done to the management team and everybody involved with the team today for having them in best frame of mind and delivering on their potential.

• Advertisement

Black Suir wrote: »
    I had concerns about the lads on the line in the lead up to the final, but will have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong. They got it right today. Well done to the players and the Management team and their back room team. A brilliant win.

Déise Abu.

It worked out right but there was still some very strange calls. Why the constant rotation of forwards at the start of every game? Why not start Curran & Gleeson? Why take off Foran before Farrell? All very strange

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just back from Croke Park.

Congratulations lads.

Well deserved. Better side on the day.

Hoping to see more of that Waterford team in the future !

Good for the game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Dickys Back Garden

It worked out right but there was still some very strange calls. Why the constant rotation of forwards at the start of every game? Why not start Curran & Gleeson? Why take off Foran before Farrell? All very strange

Begrudgery of the highest order. In my opinion there were a few people actually waiting for us to fail so they could question the calibre of management. To answer your questions above, they made those calls because they thought they would help them win the match-that's their job!! And guess what, they worked!

We are All Ireland Champions for the first time in 65 years! We won it with a management team from Waterford. This is to be celebrated and huge credit due to the management team. So to Seán Power and his team, I say, well done and thank you! You did us all very proud. An Déise Abú!

Begrudgery of the highest order. In my opinion there were a few people actually waiting for us to fail so they could question the calibre of management. To answer your questions above, they made those calls because they thought they would help them win the match-that's their job!! And guess what, they worked!

We are All Ireland Champions for the first time in 65 years! We won it with a management team from Waterford. This is to be celebrated and huge credit due to the management team. So to Seán Power and his team, I say, well done and thank you! You did us all very proud. An Déise Abú!

Oh piss off with your bullsh!t. I couldnt be prouder for those lads & for the coaches who've brought them right up from underage development levels to this level but I can still question decisions. And you havent answered any question. We got the result but that doesnt mean they were the right calls.

Oh piss off with your bullsh!t. I couldnt be prouder for those lads & for the coaches who've brought them right up from underage development levels to this level but I can still question decisions. And you havent answered any question. We got the result but that doesnt mean they were the right calls.

Waterford All Ireland minor champions 2013. So to answer your question, Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just back from Croker. Great prformance by the Deise boys. Powerful second half performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

First off, hats off to the management. The team has won an all-ireland and they deserve plenty of credit, not only did they win but they won well today and they've gotten plenty of stick recently. So fairplay to all of Seán Power, John Tracey, Wayne Power and Mr O Gorman from Lismore who's first name escapes me.

But personally, it's really annoying when somebody doesn't post here only when they decide they want to air some self-perceived grievance they have with comments they take offense from with regard to a member of their club. There was absolutely no slight at Mount Sion in that comment, and while personally I'd disagree with the comment you quoted in light of the fact that we have won an all-ireland, I just can't sit back and watch you go on this self-righteous crusade making out that it's your club against the world.

First off, hats off to the management. The team has won an all-ireland and they deserve plenty of credit, not only did they win but they won well today and they've gotten plenty of stick recently. So fairplay to all of Seán Power, John Tracey, Wayne Power and Mr O Gorman from Lismore who's first name escapes me.

But personally, it's really annoying when somebody doesn't post here only when they decide they want to air some self-perceived grievance they have with comments they take offense from with regard to a member of their club. There was absolutely no slight at Mount Sion in that comment, and while personally I'd disagree with the comment you quoted in light of the fact that we have won an all-ireland, I just can't sit back and watch you go on this self-righteous crusade making out that it's your club against the world.

Who mentioned Mount Sion? I'm basking in the fact that we are All Ireland champions and you are the one who is obviously slighted. I read many comments here in the run up to the game which questioned the calibre of team management. So I am personally delighted for ALL of the team and management that they more than justified their approach and their decisions and I am a proud Waterford man tonight! And for what it is worth, is this not a public forum and I will post here as and when I want with or without your blessing. For you to make assumptions based on your own paranoia is frankly, your problem. So you can frankly take your deluded concoctions of some "self perceived grievance" and do what you want with them. I'll simply enjoy the greatness of what our minors achieved, all of them, regardless of club!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Dont see how people can make the comments on here about young lads who were playing their hearts out and trying to balance training for their county/clubs and do their leaving cert at the same time.
    They win an all Ireland and they're still getting criticised.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Wtf is going on with ye people. We have won an all Ireland title for the first time in my life and most of your own... and all ye can do is argue over stupid sh1t .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Anyone know if match can be downloaded / watched online. I see tv3 have a player but I don't see the match there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

hte gaa justplay app will have it during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Would anyone who was at the game yesterday and got a match program mind posting up the list of subs and extended panel and their respective clubs please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Came home last night after the match didnt even bother watching the Sunday game just watched the entire minor game again from start to finish had it recorded. Brilliant performance we had been saying all along that there was a big performance in this team and it was just a matter of getting it out of them and thankfully they produced it on the biggest day of all. Chuffed and proud to be a deise, a huge boost as in all honesty it hasnt been a great couple of years for Waterford hurling but these lads have given us all a lift.

I made a point in the past of not singling out any individual here when it comes to minors either positively or negatively but now that we have won the ultimate prize I have no issue in bigging players up. Gleeson and Patrick Curran were stand out performers as always and Stephen Bennett what an explosive talent he is. But my man of the match was wing back Shane Bennett what a performance from him for a 16 year old to deliver that kind of display in an All Ireland final this lad has a very bright future in the game. But they all played ouf their skin the full back line was rock solid Devine at midfield had a huge second half and got a crucial score to give us the lead back when the sides were level with 15 mins to go. Michael Kearney aswell gave the performance of his life another one for the future... the list goes on.

I hope the good waterford people that are around a lot longer than I am cherished this one and its reward for all genuine fans out there who have stuck by their county through thick and. Heres to a new era for the deise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Legends

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Cake Man wrote: »
    Would anyone who was at the game yesterday and got a match program mind posting up the list of subs and extended panel and their respective clubs please?

I dont have a picture of the programme but the waterford papers posted up pictures of the players during the week. They were 29 players mantioned as follows; Dungarvan Kevin Daly Gavin Power Patrick Curran, DLS Adam Farrell Shane Ryan, Ballyduff Upper Cian Leamy Mickey Kearney, Clonea Willie Hahessy Sean Clancy, Fourmilewater Conor Gleeson Dermot Ryan, Ballysaggert Stephen and Shane Bennett, Ferrybank Mark O'Brien MJ Sutton, Clashmore Paul O'Connor Edmond O'Halloran, Mount Sion Austin Gleeson, Shamrocks Colm Roche, Brickey Rangers Cormac Curran, An Ring Cristoir Breathnach, Portlaw DJ Foran, Bonmahon Michael Harney, Erins Own Sam O'Neill, Passage Sean Hogan, Roanmore Paul O'Toole, Modeligo Tom Devine, Ardmore Michael Cronin, Tramore Barry Whelan.

There are meant to be 34 players on the full extended panel with 17 from each side of the county. There's a good spread of clubs there so well done to the clubs, coaching officers and schools for all the work they have done over the years. Also well done to the clubs for voting to change the minor club structures in 2008 from divisional competitions to all county structures which doesn't get the credit it deserves. Minor club games are back on wednesday with some cracking games to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

When you look at the spread of the clubs something is going very right in Waterford.
    Look at the clubs who produced the best minor hurlers in the country in 2013.
    This all started at U-6 with the men and women who got these lads going to the field, and instilled in them the skills and love of the game. I am so happy today, the senior game was a blur and just passed me by...
    This is the legacy of the team of 98-2010, look at home many clubs won there first hurling all Ireland medals! Sweet Jesus that was a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sami Jenkis

I know I'm new to the forum but am I completely missing something here? Why have Mount Sion been brought into the argument??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I know I'm new to the forum but am I completely missing something here? Why have Mount Sion been brought into the argument??????

Because everytime he comments it's about Mount Sion. He previously accused me of having something against Mount Sion, despite the fact I was there supporting them in two Munster finals.

Make no mistake, whether he felt the same way (by the way I do agree with him) or not I think if Seán Power wasn't the manager he wouldn't have bothered commenting. No problem with people defending their clubs, but like when it's all you can do and the sole reason you post it gets annoying. Maybe I'm alone in that.

I won't say anymore about it, don't care enough about it at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Because everytime he comments it's about Mount Sion. He previously accused me of having something against Mount Sion, despite the fact I was there supporting them in two Munster finals.

Make no mistake, whether he felt the same way (by the way I do agree with him) or not I think if Seán Power wasn't the manager he wouldn't have bothered commenting. No problem with people defending their clubs, but like when it's all you can do and the sole reason you post it gets annoying. Maybe I'm alone in that.

I won't say anymore about it, don't care enough about it at this stage.

Its natural that people will always be blinded by loyalty to their own clubs/parish/people they know personally or whatever. If I felt someone from my club/area was being unfairly criticized on here Id be a bit defensive and I know you are the same.

Lets put our differences aside for the good week thats in it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement