Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I do seem to remember in 2007 that RTÉ showed Waterford-Cork on one station and the Dublin-Meath replay on the other. I wonder is this possible for the 8th. Or else the broadcaster (either RTÉ or Sky) not showing the 4 o'clock game could show it if there isn't a problem with exclusivity.

Just clutching at straws really here cause I won't be in the country.

Doubt that will happen, although you might be able to get a stream of it abroad, do remember that happening before.

Otherwise it'll be the WLR stream for ya....

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

Pleasantly surprised by the performance but furious with the last 20 minutes. Gre

First half was incredible, great puck out strategy, flooded the breaking ball and the hooking and blocking was brilliant .if a cork man got the break he was immediately harried by two Waterford men. 2-9 held their shape brilliantly and only once did cork get a runner through the middle. The backs also recycled ball excellently and delivered front foot ball into the forwards.

Second half we faded badly, forward subs were poor in regards to first touch and decision making. As a resukt In the last quarter we conservatively left a half dozen scores behind us.

Lessons learned:

Waterford with this game plan cannot hit the ball blindly from defence. We need to recycle to find the free man every time. Every time we hut blind, we hit a cork man in space and conceded a score. Might as well risk a turnover in defence if it's going to cost a score anyway.

Second : coughlan, fives, Daniels are not the style of player to put on cadogan. These guys are half backs shoe horned into the corner as they're great hurlers. We need a lad with great agility and acceleration, a proper corner back to do a job on cadogan. A player similar in style to Jerome Maher?

Third: our forwards first touch under pressure was not good enough. Too many times our forwards were out in front and didn't win good ball. As a unit they need to be sharper.

Fourth: forwards also seemed reluctant to take on their man in 1 v 1's. We won't generate goal chances unless we get inside their defence. Aussie's goal was unbelievable but I don't think we created any other clear chance which contrasted with corks 3 or 4. Need to take on the man more.

Summary: delighted with the performance , particularly de burca and Aussie. Well worth the _15 quid and I'll be back again in two weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I suppose Waterford supporters have reason to be aggrieved by the critics but so do we.Apparently we were lucky to beat Kilkenny, lucky to beat Dublin, lucky to draw with Clare and lucky to run Clare close in the all ireland replay last year.Now there is a bit of truth to that and we do have our limitations but i think this Cork team has received no credit for the part they played in last years hurling championship.I expect that Cork will be better the next day but so will Waterford.A lot of the newer players on both teams had very good outings.However if we are to win the next day then it's going to be a battle and we better be up for it.Since the replayed 1998 munster final Waterford have only been hammered twice in the championship in the 2008 all ireland and the 2011 munster final.The reality is that they are a very competitive team but i also think this Cork team is nowhere near as bad as what the critics say.That performance from us up until Waterfords goal will have given them plenty of ammunition though!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DeiseInExiles

KevIRL wrote: »
    Doubt that will happen, although you might be able to get a stream of it abroad, do remember that happening before.

Otherwise it'll be the WLR stream for ya....

Yeh, that looks likely...won't be the first game enjoyed through that medium!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I suppose Waterford supporters have reason to be aggrieved by the critics but so do we.Apparently we were lucky to beat Kilkenny, lucky to beat Dublin, lucky to draw with Clare and lucky to run Clare close in the all ireland replay last year.Now there is a bit of truth to that and we do have our limitations but i think this Cork team has received no credit for the part they played in last years hurling championship.I expect that Cork will be better the next day but so will Waterford.A lot of the newer players on both teams had very good outings.However if we are to win the next day then it's going to be a battle and we better be up for it.Since the replayed 1998 munster final Waterford have only been hammered twice in the championship in the 2008 all ireland and the 2011 munster final.The reality is that they are a very competitive team but i also think this Cork team is nowhere near as bad as what the critics say.That performance from us up until Waterfords goal will have given them plenty of ammunition though!

At stage there's precious little point in listening to most of the pundits tbh, in the main they just wheel out the same old bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

TBF ye were incridily lucky that day in the all Ireland...cork fans at it said as much
    it would have been prue robbery on clare had cork pulled off the win that day

TBF ye were incridily lucky that day in the all Ireland...cork fans at it said as much

We'll have to agree to disagree there Tom!

Oh and another thing i still feel that what happened last year was wrong and that people still have every right to be aggrieved by it.But fair play to Derek McGrath that was a well prepared and well drilled Waterford team and unlike us they had a plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

It has to be said that this Cork team have a great spirit because when the chips are down they produce or make great comebacks, Cork have to be respected for that, you cannot be a bad team and do that, I could name a few club teams that have that never say die spirit and you never have them beaten and it's spreads across generations of teams, it is a great trait to have.

A lot of the pundits in the media are terrible, with the exception of Nicky English and Jamsie O Connor who provided great analysis last week, the off the ball preview of the game was really good as well, they took the time to research the pedigree of the new players and based opinions on that, it's like a lot of the other guys just watch inter county games and if they haven't heard of someone they disregard him...
    Christy o Connor is a great pundit too, knows he's stuff with regards college schools and underage hurling, so informed opinions! Not enough of them around

You know it would be interesting to compare the amount of underage medals from fitz gibbon, colleges and underage intercounty across both squads

• Advertisement

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Thanks for saving me a post Deisedude. The only thing I would add is that we could get more from Dunford if he carried the ball rather than trying to offload immediately. At worst he should have drawn a few frees if he used his speed.

Moving on to the repay it is great to see all the mainstream media reports are reporting the game from a Cork point of view as usual. There will be a few platitudes towards us and then the warning that the weaker counties need to take their chance the first time. I totally agree with this, our last three replays versus Cork were the Munster Final in 2010, AI Qtr Final in 2007 and Munster Semi in 1989, all won by the Deise.

With another fortnight to bring back Molumphy, Fives, Barron, O'Halleron etc, O'Sullivan back from suspension and general fitness levels all round plus a few tweaks to the plan (maybe move Gleeson around less given his propensity to cramp?) I can definitely see improvement in Waterford. Can Cork say they same?

Well i think Shane O'Neill Damien Cahalane Mark Ellis Aidan Walsh (the last three were making their championship debuts) Daniel Kearney Conor Lehane and Seamie Harnedy have room for improvement.Anthony Nash's distribution was terrible.There's also the option of bringing Conor O'Sullivan William Egan and Paudie O'Sullivan into the team.I would be very disapointed if Cork don't show an improvement the next day and we'll see whether that will be good enough.I also think our sideline need to show a massive improvement with their tactics and ability to read a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

How are ye! Head was splitting yesterday so I had to go to bed straight away when I got back to Dublin. Had a bit of an ordeal trying to get to the match. Came from Galway, got a train to Limerick. Got on a train from Limerick supposedly toward Dublin/Cork (I wasn't really sure what I was reading on the screen, was a tough day) which said Limerick Junction, Thurles below it, I assumed it was heading to the Junction and then on to Thurles with a change for Dublin. Nope, I stayed on the train and ended coming the whole way back to Limerick. As a result, I was stranded and had to watch the match in a pub in Limerick (the last place I wanted to be...the pub that is).

What a great performance though. Can't remember the last time I was so negative before a game, but they really stood up to be counted. Dunno that there's much more I can add to what's been said already, I lot of great point made.

First off, I think Shane Walsh got a bit of an undue hard time. Anytime I saw him near the ball he was winning it with his bulk, laying it off and that is a big part of his game. A lot to be said for a man winning a ball, and laying it off to a runner coming at goal with a better angle and more pace to it and he did that a few times. His point was terrific, and having read comments here saw his role in Gleeson's goal watching back again and it was very good. Dan said during the week that they'd worked a lot on movement since the end of the league, and while it wasn't as apparent on tv it was obvious enough from all the switching they did.

Secondly, Gleeson really took that game by the scruff of the neck. Showed his inexperience and confidence at the start with a few misses but didn't phase him. That goal was absolutely incredible. Some Cork fans criticized there players for not taking him down but they didn't get the chance. The danger was only really apparent when Walsh moved right and he broke the line and they couldn't get close enough then, even at that they probably thought he had a lot to do anyway but how about the manner in which he did it.

Tadhg Bourke as has been mentioned was outstanding and thought he was our best player. Not too many players you could fault, thought Dunford actually had a positive impact too. Made a great block for Brian Sullys first, and caused problems with his pace. O'Sullivan had a great game in fairness and fairplay to him and McGrath hopefulyl he can keep it up. Mahony loves playing Cork, 3 points last time and used position brilliantly. It's what we knew he could do before this year but it was a case of getting him on the ball enough.

Said SOK would get a chance to prove his brilliance and he did that, on three occasions. Top class keeper. Though Donie Breathnach had a positive influence off the bench, caught a great ball and burnt the Cork backs. Bit more power on the handpass and we would have buried them, but credit Shane O Neill for the interception.

Seamus got a good point, but I think his days are numbered. He's been a fantastic servant worth an all-star for his combined performances for us but when you have no pace your basically giving the opposing backs the freedom to come out unchallenged and pick a pass, and with Gleeson down as well it was to some extent like only having 13.

The goal was the killer really, should have been cleared but think Cork deserve credit for their fight back. Yes, we did have a few that tired and being down numbers didn't help but those two scores by Cadogan and Horgan in the second half are unstoppable. Aidan Walsh's touch is poor so you need to get in his face when he receives a pass, but don't put the ball near him in the air. His pace and power are frightening to watch.

Few observations, why did Nash not come up to take that 21 before half time? Was sure he would. Think Connors should go on Cadogan the next day, can't see them starting Horgan corner forward again. Delighted and shocked we've two weeks. Means they get extra time to get over the disappointment of losing the lead. Two more weeks training, plus the possiblitity of Molumphy and Darragh Fives playing some part the next day as McGrath said yesterday.

I thinK Cork will improve the next day, but to not expect us too improve equally is baffling. Those saying Cork were blunt first half, but wouldn't acknowledge our first half wides too. We'll surely improve on that, and to put that down to lack of ability rather than rustiness would be a blinkered few. We'll also have Shane Sully back, and unlike Cork who had everyone who played in good shape, the likes of Jake Dillon, Shane Walsh, Richie Foley, Donie Breathnach and the debutants will come on for the game.

No mistake about it, it's gonna be another tough game the next day but one I am looking forward too. Great credit to the management, had a feeling they've been buliding towards championship all along. Obviosuly, the last few league games went anything but to plan and we've been sickened with injuries but there's plenty in this team and confident now that whatever the year holds we are heading in the right directiong. Déise Abú.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

I was in Limerick before headin to Thurles, could have given u a lift to the match and woulda been glad of the company on the way. Shame you missed it.

Was it breanach or brian o'sullivan who laid off the pass that was intercepted at the end? If he'd taken his score we were prob home and hosed, but at the same time if it came off we'd be commendin his bravery for going for it. Shane Walsh had a decent game for me, but he's better closer to goals. He should have stayed on when Gleeson was struggling, only major critisism i'd have of management on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

There is an assumption that Cork can play much better than yesterday, a quite unfounded assumption. They struggled through division 1B and would not have won promotion but for Limerick slipping up against Offaly. They were beaten easily enough by Tipp in the 1/4 final. Other than history which counts for nothing, those who assume Cork will play much better have no foundation for that belief.

In fairness now Sav let's be realistic, Cork gave Tipp a right good game in the league and were only a puck of a ball away from winning. They were very competitive against Tipp who after Kilkenny are the best in the country. Limerick slipped up against Offaly because they weren't good enough and bottled it. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Cut out the text speak its hurting my eyes.

Kilkenny robbed Tipperary of an All Ireland in 2009 with the aid of the referee. I'm sure Kilkenny fans didnt care though as its all about having a higher score than the opposition at the final whistle and the history books will always say that Kilkenny won the 2009 final.

Ropaire wrote: »
    I was in Limerick before headin to Thurles, could have given u a lift to the match and woulda been glad of the company on the way. Shame you missed it.

Was it breanach or brian o'sullivan who laid off the pass that was intercepted at the end? If he'd taken his score we were prob home and hosed, but at the same time if it came off we'd be commendin his bravery for going for it. Shane Walsh had a decent game for me, but he's better closer to goals. He should have stayed on when Gleeson was struggling, only major critisism i'd have of management on the day.

It was Brian O Sullivan who laid of off the pass, he won some vital balls in the last few minutes, massive performance form him, pity he didn't take on the ball a yard or two more before laying of the pass or struck of his left for the point, but he had a really great game

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

I have to say I'm happy enough with the draw in the end its all about game time for this developing team and Management. There is no substitute for championship. A defeat Sunday and your looking at a 5 week lay off to a Qualifier against maybe Galway or Dublin or even the Cats, where as if that were the case after the replay we will be much more prepared.
    Losing a nine point lead is a concern but if you see why it happened then you can move on. The 9 point lead lasted about 20 seconds (just enough time for me to worry about traffic in Tipp town for the semi against Clare if I'm honest), Cork got a scappy goal straight away then with the benefit of some good introductions , a bit more purpose, a significant breeze that didn't get enough of a mention in the press and a tiring Waterford, its easy to see why they made up the subsequent 5 points which brought it back to a point with still 13/14 minutes left. That we managed to stem the tide, knuckle down and match Cork for the remaining part of the game is probably the most pleasing aspect of our performance. (special mention to Brick and BOS for that)
    From the starting 6 forwards, 2 teenagers and 2 others not fully match fit were never going to last 70 mins. Consider the movement of the forwards off the ball to make space and the fact that they had to chase aimless (at times) clearances 30 yards just to put a bit of pressure on the Cork clearances ment there was a lot of grass to be covered. That ment 4 subs are needed then to replace those lads. Eddie Barrets unfortunate injury and Barry Coughans yellow card used up 2 subs which lead to us being more or less down a man at the end. It is a 20 man game and will be the next day. I thought the substitions were right, wether they all worked is another thing. To bring in Ray Barry (super sub from last year) and start Dunford made sence, better than the other way round, Donie Breathnach for pace (he'll learn for next day) and Seamus who wasn't exactly DJ but had the know how to get into great positions and give a option for a pass and nearly got the winner anyway.
    The next day we'll have SOS, possibly Molumpy and Fives (the latter 2 not gauranteed but at least on bench) and maybe Ryan Donnelly and Brian O Halloran (although I could have just made him up at this stage!!!) as notable additions. With the experience gained by the rookie players and management we can only improve.

Slobbery wrote: »
    It was Brian O Sullivan who laid of off the pass, he won some vital balls in the last few minutes, massive performance form him, pity he didn't take on the ball a yard or two more before laying of the pass or struck of his left for the point, but he had a really great game

Yeah he was excellent, I've given out about the lad alot on here over the course of the league but to be fair to him he was usually on his own against 2 or 3 defenders because of how we were set up then. With firmer ground and a more orthodox approach he wasn't isolated and he took off against Cork, showed for alot of ball and his workrate was unreal! He showed alot more confidence in his own ability and backed himself more as well, hopefully he can kick on and keep producing the goods. I was fuming at him at the end for not taking the point, but I'll admit that if i was in his boots I'd have been sniffing for a goal from that run too.

The main consensus in the media etc is that Waterford blew their chance and that the traditional strong team, Cork will blow them away in the replay. I don’t see it that way at all and in fact I think it is a lazy, ill-informed opinion based on just watching senior intercounty games a disregarding the evidence from other levels of hurling.

In recent years Clare have been the kingpins of underage hurling in Munster, but Waterford have been the team closest to them in that period, there is alot of quality in Waterford and due to circumstance they have been thrown in a bit earlier than expected but we are producing a serious amount of hurlers these days.

Instead of tradition, look at the pedigree of both teams, Waterford have the following
    Munster senior winners (as players) – Brick Walsh, Kevin Moran, Richie Foley, Shane Walsh, Seamus Prendergast, Noelie Connors, Shane O Sullivan, Brian O Halloran, Jamie Nagle, Liam Lawlor, Stephen Molumpy, Maurice Shanahan.

Colleges (harty and all Ireland in some cases multiple): Stephen O Keefe, Noelie Connors, Barry Coughlan, Tadhg deBurca, Colin Dunford, the mahony brothers, Stephen Daniels, Eddie Barrett, Jake Dillon.

Munster minor champs 2009: Stephen O’Keefe, O Mahony brothers, Dara Fives, Brian O’Halloran, Paudie Prendergast, Jake Dillon

All Ireland Minor 2013: Austin Gleeson

That is a serious pedigree, and I think it more than stacks up with what this current Cork team have to offer, I mean how could this current Cork team be complacent going in to face Waterford, I don’t buy that at all, they have played Fitzgibbon together, many of the Cork have won Fitzgibbons with Waterford players with UCC (beating CIT in the final in the Mardyke, CIT having some current Cork players), Earlier this year WIT, with a fair few Waterford players beat CIT with a few Cork players. How could Cork not know about Waterford’s Quality? They have seen it too many times first hand (Conor Lehane, Calahane’s Vintage lost the minor championship to Waterford (dara fives, Pauraic Mahony, Jake Dillon) after a replay). If you look hard enough these players have a history, Waterford’s performance is not as surprising as you would think.
    I think Waterford are on the verge of something over the next few years. Its hard to know how minors will turn out, but I think – based on the quality of the players and the from what I have seen of them in this years club championship in Waterford this year that Stephen Bennett, Shane Bennett, Mikey Kearney, Patrick Curran and Colm Roche are definitely talented enough to come on the senior scene and have a real impact over the next few years as long as they can stay injury free... Patrick Curran and Stephen Bennett are just on another level.

The colleges system is getting alot of the credit for the deise upsurge, but it is the clubs where the credit lies, we are showing up well in the tony forristal tournament for a long while now and the colleges only have them a short time at that stage, some young lads have nearly eight years of it done at that stage, this is why clubs like bonmahon, modeligo, brickeys, rinn clashmore – every club is producing intercounty talent now it seems.

Cork bemoan their lack of underage success and see it as a failing in their underage systems, it may be that but it is also because other counties have their houses in order. The munster minor munster champ is so competitive now, they just aren’t easy to win anymore.

I see Waterford and Clare slugging it out in bigtime over the next few years, and I think this year could be the start of it as even if it is early in the teams development I think we will be facing Clare after beating Cork in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭parish girl

I think the experience gained from the schools competition are a massive help to a players development. Granted the hard work has been done in the clubs but the experience gained from Harty Cup/ Corn Phadraig are great and a vital step between club and county at minor level.

I am from a small club and hate the idea of players having to play above junior level to progress but I fear for a few of last years minors who are not playing college 3rd level who are playing junior club. Just wonder if it is enough for them to progress.

Please dont jump down my throat- just asking oponions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

I think the experience gained from the schools competition are a massive help to a players development. Granted the hard work has been done in the clubs but the experience gained from Harty Cup/ Corn Phadraig are great and a vital step between club and county at minor level.

I am from a small club and hate the idea of players having to play above junior level to progress but I fear for a few of last years minors who are not playing college 3rd level who are playing junior club. Just wonder if it is enough for them to progress.

Is there really too many young lads that don't go to college these days?

I'd agree with you on this, alot of players will fall by the wayside purely from a lack of games at the right standard. Regional teams made up of the players from these clubs like Kerry have would be a nice compromise to let lads play senior, but I can't see that happening in Waterford any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

I'd agree with you on this, alot of players will fall by the wayside purely from a lack of games at the right standard. Regional teams made up of the players from these clubs like Kerry have would be a nice compromise to let lads play senior, but I can't see that happening in Waterford any time soon.

12 senior clubs the way the setup is at the moment.

This could easily be upped to 16 with the addition of 4 group teams. Potentially have a team from the city, one from the rest of the east of the county, one from Dungarvan and its surrounds and one from the far west of Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

12 senior clubs the way the setup is at the moment.

This could easily be upped to 16 with the addition of 4 group teams. Potentially have a team from the city, one from the rest of the east of the county, one from Dungarvan and its surrounds and one from the far west of Waterford.

great idea but sadly v unlikely to work, a grouped schools team from the city bar dls be a great idea give lads in st pauls, mount sion, ferrybank, waterpark and even newtown along with tramore opportunity of playing....

then you would be sucking diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Micheal Harney is the only one I can think of....that's playing junior and also not in 3rd level college.

But something needs to be done about the intermediate structure, the standard in the east is very bad.....every year it's between Portlaw, Clonea and Dunhill. The west is going to be very competitive in the next few years, Clashmore, Cappquin, Ring, Ballysaggart, Brickeys.....Shamrocks and Ballinameela are always going to be thereabouts.

They should join the east and west and play an intermedaite championship....I played underage when both were joined together and it was very very competitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Micheal Harney is the only one I can think of....that's playing junior and also not in 3rd level college.

But something needs to be done about the intermediate structure, the standard in the east is very bad.....every year it's between Portlaw, Clonea and Dunhill. The west is going to be very competitive in the next few years, Clashmore, Cappquin, Ring, Ballysaggart, Brickeys.....Shamrocks and Ballinameela are always going to be thereabouts.

They should join the east and west and play an intermedaite championship....I played underage when both were joined together and it was very very competitive

Have to agree with that. Have been to some games this year in the eastern intermediate championship and there is a very poor standard. Time to make it all county. Thinks group teams are a good idea and could work if they were run properly. In the past they haven't been run properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

great idea but sadly v unlikely to work, a grouped schools team from the city bar dls be a great idea give lads in st pauls, mount sion, ferrybank, waterpark and even newtown along with tramore opportunity of playing....

then you would be sucking diesel.

Lads from those schools bar newtown and waterpark do get the opportunity to play, just not in the A competitions. If you were looking to create group schools team you could throw st declans kilmac in with them. They always have a few decent players. Abbey in Ferrybank is part of Kilkenny Vec and play in the Leinster competitions, not Munster.

To be honest I think that once your on the Senior Panel early enough your clubs level isn't as important. It's training with the best in the County that most of these lads develop in my mind. I have heard of one Inter county hurler in Justin's time who was against County players being released to train with their clubs, as he said it was a step backwards for him...and he was playing for a Senior club.

All of these lads are coming off last years minor team that looked the part will get there chance with the Seniors. The volume of young talent in the County is going to make getting on the panel difficult. Its that competition that will drive the standard in training in the County team, and in turn increase the standard of the named 15. If you believe in Cody's book of training being pivotal in the development of your team, which I would, then it makes Sundays match a really brilliant performance considering the fact that we've been missing a good 5 or 6 players pretty much through out the year.

Says a lot about the depth there now, and only a matter of time before that really shines through on match day.

Yeah he was excellent, I've given out about the lad alot on here over the course of the league but to be fair to him he was usually on his own against 2 or 3 defenders because of how we were set up then. With firmer ground and a more orthodox approach he wasn't isolated and he took off against Cork, showed for alot of ball and his workrate was unreal! He showed alot more confidence in his own ability and backed himself more as well, hopefully he can kick on and keep producing the goods. I was fuming at him at the end for not taking the point, but I'll admit that if i was in his boots I'd have been sniffing for a goal from that run too.

Just watched it back and it indeed was him, my mistake.

I am personally delighted he went for it, as one big criticism I would have of him is not taking on his man, even on Sunday at times he prefered to drift out towards the wing away from goals. He is fast, so if he does get a break like that running towards goal he can created that overlap. Long may he continue to do it, because one worry I would have was that Cork were running at the heart of our defence more than us at them, and could have had at least another goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

This was tried in the late 90s early noughties and was a disaster. I think that chapter has closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement