Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I standby it though.

Who are these with the all-star nominations? Mahony? Would he be the only one? I have no doubt Darragh is better.

Do many more of those young players have more than him given he has a minor Munster and two Fitzgibbon's to his name? Says enough to me that he was centre back on both those teams, and would have been again this year bar injury. Would you also consider Shane O'Sullivan better than Brick because he has more medals? Of course not.

The only game Darragh has been fully fit in since 2011 for Waterford was the Kilkenny game and my god what a show he put on.

Well if you looked just at the All Star process, yeah Mahony was nominated as one of the best players in his position nationally that year. Brick is better than Shane O'Sullivan, and his All stars reflect that.

I'm not sure of Mahoney's medal haul between schools, underage and Fitzgibbon off hand, but I'd say its a nice haul.

While Fives has certainly shown potential, we haven't really had a chance to see him deliver. Hopefully he gets his fitness sorted out and we can judge him from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

garv123 wrote: »
    Cheers, never sat in the new stand but why is it cheaper?

Seats are not as good; less leg room. Better atmosphere (I find) in the old stand. One drawback with the old stand (from a KK point of view) is the longer walk to and from the stand especially when the crowd is coming out after a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

where did Noel Connor's give this interview on RTE news yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Waterford GAA Supporters Club Dublin's annual golf day will be held on Saturday 14th June at the spectacular setting of Palmerstown House Estate, Johnstown, Co. Kildare (just off the Naas Road). Fourball team event at a cost of €400 to include golf, dinner and prizes. Individual entries available for €100. Alternatively sponsor a personal or corporate tee box at a cost of €100. The Tee is booked from 1.40pm through to 3.30pm . Contact Craig Duignan (craigduignan@icloud) or Eddie McCarthy (emccarth@eircom.net) for more information

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

cul beag wrote: »
    Ya true enough. I'd just hope supporters would start to get behind the team a bit more,they used to be special days when we met Cork in the past. Still can't beat Munster championship day in Thurles no matter how bad supporters think we are!

I've mentioned it here before, but if the County Board want to boost our numbers attending matches they should consider running some buses to Thurles.

I don't know if the County Board, or the GAA for that matter, are aware that unless you have your own transport there is no reasonable way to get from Waterford to Thurles and back on a match day. I haven't travelled to a match in Thurles for a good few years because of this. If the County Board put on buses maybe people like me without their own car or for those who would rather not spend the cost of petrol money might be able to travel up. Do the clubs ever run buses and do they even advertise it if they do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Places like the showboat always run buses to games. You could check out with them. A lot of clubs do to but you might need to know someone in the club

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I went the last day but now I have to stay home on Sunday, so I won't be able to make it... :(

According to RTÉ it is being streamed via RTÉ Player. Anyone know whether it will be available via the RTÉ Player on the UPC box?

If not, I can just hook the laptop up to the TV, but it's not as good in terms of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

KevIRL wrote: »
    Places like the showboat always run buses to games. You could check out with them. A lot of clubs do to but you might need to know someone in the club

its to mishy mashy, a unified approach is needed ,too much informal unorganised nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

So who having a punt on Waterford then? Nearly 3/1 to win. Bookies have this all wrong IMO.

Haven't spoken to a single Cork supporter that reckons Cork are favourites.

Guess the bookies know better. lol. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

So who having a punt on Waterford then? Nearly 3/1 to win. Bookies have this all wrong IMO.

nearly would at that odds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

3/1 with bet 365

3/1 with bet 365

Crazy odds.

Still, don't think I could bet against my own county. Just wouldn't feel right..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 deisedoz

Bookies regularly get it wrong with us, you would swear we were the donkey in a perennial two horse race! Never forget the 2009 quarters win against Galway and meeting lads from the city who'd slapped €50 on us at 5/2, pure delighted with themselves! I can see why Cork are favoured but we should be travelling on Sunday with real confidence, this Cork team is far from unbeatable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

PTH2009 dosent anyway.

PTH2009 dosent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Even better bet is Waterford to be winning at half time and full time at 7/1 with PP. Limerick were 6/1 last week and Callinan's poxy pt in the dying seconds of the first half scuppered it. My rationale is that for Waterford to win they need to start well so like the drawn game will get ahead and hopefully be ahead at half time. If Cork get off to a flyer then we are going to be chasing the game and if that's the case the 3/1 about a straightforward win is no longer a good bet.

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Even better bet is Waterford to be winning at half time and full time at 7/1 with PP. Limerick were 6/1 last week and Callinan's poxy pt in the dying seconds of the first half scuppered it. My rationale is that for Waterford to win they need to start well so like the drawn game will get ahead and hopefully be ahead at half time. If Cork get off to a flyer then we are going to be chasing the game and if that's the case the 3/1 about a straightforward win is no longer a good bet.

I reckon you could be right. For Waterford to win, they'd probably need to be up at half-time, so may as well take 'em at 7/1. Bloody good odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Waterford at 6/1 to win under21. Now we have cork at home if we beat them clare at home abd theb the winner of that plays ulster champs and with kilkenny eliminated i think its a bet to make the summer interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

dzilla wrote: »
    Waterford at 6/1 to win under21. Now we have cork at home if we beat them clare at home abd theb the winner of that plays ulster champs and with kilkenny eliminated i think its a bet to make the summer interesting

clare will have home advantage for the final if they meet waterford as they played last year in walsh park , however it will count for nothing as that waterford team looks very strong, and ye were by far the strongest team we played in the grade last year

Wouldnt look anything into kk being eliminated. They have been v poor at minor the last few years. Dub and wex are v strong and galway won the AI minor 3 years ago. All in all its a strong grade across the board this year. But yea Winning munster will be a big opportunity for whoever wibs it
    I still think cork are going to be hard to beat. It mightened be a strong team by their standards but youd still need to be at your best to beat cork no matter what grade or code.

• Advertisement

Wouldnt look anything into kk being eliminated. They have been v poor at minor the last few years. Dub and wex are v strong and galway won the AI minor 3 years ago. All in all its a strong grade across the board this year. But yea Winning munster will be a big opportunity for whoever wibs it
    I still think cork are going to be hard to beat. It mightened be a strong team by their standards but youd still need to be at your best to beat cork no matter what grade or code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Would agree with the lads here, looking good for a Waterford win. Will be interesting to see how it goes again Clare, I think a big powerful team like yours could really trouble them.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

As a side note what do ye make of Noel Connors beard, looking at him on the news earlier it looked like he had just come out of a homeless shelter.

Seriously now????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

Orizio wrote: »
    Would agree with the lads here, looking good for a Waterford win. Will be interesting to see how it goes again Clare, I think a big powerful team like yours could really trouble them.

We are cautiously optimistic at best. Game could go either way

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

he's not a lumberjack,lose it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

6/1 where? 7/2 was the best price I saw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    6/1 where? 7/2 was the best price I saw

Id say he means the all ireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement