Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

any idea what time the team is coming in to Dungarvan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭lovelypoint

Fair play to the lads, great win and victory on Sunday, and deserving All Ireland minor champions!

Just back from the mall where they got a great reception, and they are currently on the way to Dungarvan where I am sure they will get an equally great and deserved reception.

I admit at times I feared we might not have what other some other counties have when managing to get the most out of even lesser talented squads, but there is some serious talent in this squad, and am delighted to see them go the distance.

A long, hard season, but one capped with a tremendous achievement at the end of it!

any idea what time the team is coming in to Dungarvan ?

They were due to leave Waterford on the bus at 8.20, arriving in Dungarvan a little after 9, I believe, with the reception for the squad there at 9.30, if I remember right from wlr earlier and things have not changed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

Listening to WLR sound like they're due any second

Waterford minor hurlers reception in the city earlier this evening, just on the 9 o'clock news in a bit, for those interested..

edit: make that Dungarvan and the city, and looks like quite an atmosphere in Dungarvan..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

WumBuster wrote: »
    It was just a bit of banter really, id say its a complete non runner tbh. In fairness to Ger Loughnane he has given credit to Waterford teams in the past when we've played well but has been critical when we havent, which is all you'd expect from pundit.We seem to be overly sensitive to any criticism by people from other counties. This Loughnane hates everything Waterford is a myth. He was genuinely delighted for Waterford to win yesterday.

deiseach wrote: »
    "All the hurling world rejoices for Waterford" - Ger Loughnane after we won the Munster championship in 2002. He's an odd chap, is Ger.

Yeah in fairness to Ger I think he genuinely does like seeing Waterford do well. He is a decent man to be fair. Wouldn't pay much attention to his article in the Star but when he talks he is genuinely interesting and pretty sound.

I remember coming home depressed in either 2005 or 2006 and seeing the Sunday game night edition and hearing him say "this a fine Waterford team and they will be back". Gave me a boost on a bleak night.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Waterford minor hurlers reception in the city earlier this evening, just on the 9 o'clock news in a bit, for those interested..

edit: make that Dungarvan and the city, and looks like quite an atmosphere in Dungarvan..

We always put on a good show here in Dungarvan

Honn the deise some buzz in the square tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a good weekend for Waterford GAA. the memory of the 2008 final are now gone after yesterday. Great turnout in the city tonight for the team and hopefully it wont be long til liam comes back here again. Also it was great to see that the Waterford team made a short visit to Crumlin dis morning.

Very happy that i was in Croke Park yesterday (premium level is good but not kind on the wallet)

Anyone here at the do in the louis fitzgerald hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Hslaw wrote: »
    We always put on a good show here in Dungarvan

Honn the deise some buzz in the square tonight

Tom cunningham said to the waterford crowd that their reception wont be surpassed for a long time and then said to the crowd in dungarvan that the waterford crowd had nothing on them. Spoofing as ever

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

robopaddy wrote: »
    Tom cunningham said to the waterford crowd that their reception wont be surpassed for a long time and then said to the crowd in dungarvan that the waterford crowd had nothing on them. Spoofing as ever

He said that they were expecting for a bigger crowd in Dungarvan, which was a bit harsh >.<

But then the manager and captain atleast gave some credit saying"Oh it'd be hard to top the amount of support that is here"

Also, yayyy's and woo's galore over us winning yesterday! Just grins and leaps andother random words of joy are all I can say :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Hopefully these lads will get the taste for success and want drive themselves on to experience more nights like this.

Christ tis only when u see the crowds that showed up in waterford and dungarvan tonite u see how badly the county needed something like this

Hopefully these lads will get the taste for success and want drive themselves on to experience more nights like this.

Christ tis only when u see the crowds that showed up in waterford and dungarvan tonite u see how badly the county needed something like this

Paddy hopefully the famine has come to an end. Those group of younglads have lifted the hudo and curse off this county

Loving this feeling last night was amazing

Proud of my Dungarvan and Waterford colours

Deise Abu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

In the annals of bullsh1tartistry, I've seen worse. Besides, the dig the MC in Waterford - Richie Walsh? - got in about Stradbally and the guards was so close to the knuckle that I'm willing to give Tom a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Well Ger acknowledged his lack of popularity ,so he seems to be aware o fit, I can't remember getting more than a mixed review from him even if the other team were bate out the park

Now to be fair to Ger his lack of popularity isn't exactly confined to Waterford, and isn't even confined to outside Clare for many people ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Haha, Tom obviously our finance problems are behind us
    "Patrick Curran says Tom Cunningham has promised the #Waterford minor hurling team a 2 week trip to SanPonza so they are buzzin @WLRFMsport&quot;
    https://twitter.com/LilyReddy/status/377330543924244481

deise_girl wrote: »
    "Patrick Curran says Tom Cunningham has promised the #Waterford minor hurling team a 2 week trip to SanPonza so they are buzzin @WLRFMsport&quot;

Some great responses on that tweet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deise_girl wrote: »
    More then likely made at about 11:45 sunday night when he was completely hammered :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭sid wallace

What a superb show that was on Sunday. You really couldn't overstate the resilience of this team and the superb management team. To come back as strong as they did after losing the Munster Final and beat Kilkenny and Galway. To go to Cork and win for the first time ever, after a horrific start. They are an inspirational bunch.

Brilliant for the county to have such a spread of clubs represented, East, West, City. Big clubs, small clubs. Senior clubs, junior clubs. No one need feel left out. Lets hope that this is the template for the future in Waterford.

What a superb show that was on Sunday. You really couldn't overstate the resilience of this team and the superb management team. To come back as strong as they did after losing the Munster Final and beat Kilkenny and Galway. To go to Cork and win for the first time ever, after a horrific start. They are an inspirational bunch.

Brilliant for the county to have such a spread of clubs represented, East, West, City. Big clubs, small clubs. Senior clubs, junior clubs. No one need feel left out. Lets hope that this is the template for the future in Waterford.

As long as it doesn't involve Mount Sion!

I kid, sid. I kid because I love.

As long as it doesn't involve Mount Sion!

I kid, sid. I kid because I love.

As a matter of interest the last time Waterford were in the All Ireland minor final in 1992 they were managed by a Mount Sion man as well and not one of the team came from the club.

• Advertisement

As a matter of interest the last time Waterford were in the All Ireland minor final in 1992 they were managed by a Mount Sion man as well and not one of the team came from the club.

We happened to be standing next an Erins Own man of old last night - he was a neighbour of my mother growing up and recognised my dad so we didn't just end up talking randomly - and, well, let's just say he gave Mount Sion of old both barrels. Would have made my garandmother's day. Yes, even more than Waterford winning did! :D

We happened to be standing next an Erins Own man of old last night - he was a neighbour of my mother growing up and recognised my dad so we didn't just end up talking randomly - and, well, let's just say he gave Mount Sion of old both barrels. Would have made my garandmother's day. Yes, even more than Waterford winning did! :D

Glad they are keeping their side of the feud up. We hardly remember who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

any where i can watch the minor game again, its not up on the tv3 player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Out of interest I wonder would the winning minor panel get anything from the Gaa?
    Surely Patrick curran will get something from RTE for being man of the match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I noticed that on Sunday and was delighted for young Roche when he scored the two cracking points within a minute of each other. Isn't this handshake part of the 'Get Respect, Give Respect' campaign? Only in the GAA.

Its too like champions league copycatting for me, it should be dropped before something really stupid happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

any where i can watch the minor game again, its not up on the tv3 player

If this had been RTE it would be available now on their player but the best I can tell you is go on to TG4 player. They have 15 minute coverage of the game, its better that nothing. I was really delighted to have been in Croke Park to witness this great game. Lets hope this will be a turning point for us now and bring the winning ways right up to senior level.

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    If this had been RTE it would be available now on their player but the best I can tell you is go on to TG4 player. They have 15 minute coverage of the game, its better that nothing. I was really delighted to have been in Croke Park to witness this great game. Lets hope this will be a turning point for us now and bring the winning ways right up to senior level.

Nice one pity they wouldn't put up the full match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/all-ireland-win-start-of-better-times-for-waterford-1.1521547

“So let this be a catalyst for Waterford, the start of something good to come, and that we can drive things on from here, get these guys into under-21 and senior teams, to turn them into All-Ireland winners at those grades as well, to do what we can to collectively lift this city and county towards better times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

So as John Allen has left the Limerick job tonight, do you think the county board would even look at having someone give him a ring and see if he's interested in the Waterford job?

Don't they meet to discuss the issue this week if i'm right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement