Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

O Riain wrote: »
    I think I have this dilemma every year. I always convince myself I saw last years one on TV and then end up listening to it on the radio as I am doing right now.

Always confuses me why the quarter finals are shown and not the provincial finals

Just the semi finals onwards are shown live on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

O Riain wrote: »
    Is the minor game not on TV lads???? If it is then what channel?
    It's not, WLR your only man if you want to listen online. Download the app!

Limerick goal 1-6 to 0-4

Been coming in fairness

Second Limerick goal on a rebound from a Billy Nolan save 2-7 to 0-7

5 in a row for Waterford

2-7 to 0-12

• Advertisement

Waterford penalty. Saved :(

2-8 to 0-12 at HT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Good character been shown. Still well in it. Limerick crowd will start to come in the second half and give their team a huge lift as per last year. Big ask for our lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Only a point down having only hurled for ten mins and had a penalty saved. All to play for second half.

3rd Limerick goal

3-11 to 0-14

• Advertisement

21 yard free from Bennett saved. 7 points down and have to fear its too much to do now

Waterford goal, 4 in it now

Cormac Curran got it

3-14 to 1-16

Eddie Meaney subbed in too

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Hamstrings59

What about the manager lads??

Goal!!!

Shane Ryan with a last minute equaliser

Get in! Rescued that! Repeat in reverse if last year well done lads!

Some heart and belief from that team. Well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Well done to the minors! great fight now to give up.

Sound like it was a great match to be at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Lovely. Now that is character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Any chance of a replay before the Senior game on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Thurles tuesday week !

• Advertisement

Replay on 29th in Thurles according to what they said on wlr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Is Patrick Curran injury bad?

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Any chance of a replay before the Senior game on Saturday?

Tue week in Thurles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Very impressed with manager there. "We will not be letting those goals in again next time"

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

What about the manager lads??

Are you for real? The minors game was in the melting pot and you haul that crap up again? Some waterford man you are, away with ya and your **** stirring.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Is Patrick Curran injury bad?

Heard he was carried off, but hopefully it isnt too bad..

Fair play to the minors, I know its been a different team each year since 2009, but you really would be proud of them, we've been continuously competitive and great heart has been shown each time.

Let's finish off the replay now how we should have last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭blue note

Firstly, congrats to our minors on that come back. Sounded like a cracker on the radio.

Onto the seniors - I'm very surprised by the level of confidence here. I think we should be favourites to be honest and I do think we'll win, but I'm very nervous about the game. On the one hand the Wexford wide count was terrible over both days, not putting away a 13 man team was poor, giving up a ten point lead was poor particularly to a 14 man team.

However, there are a few good looking players in that Wexford team - McGovern, Guiney and Lee Chin will all be very hard to contain. And Waterford haven't set the world alight this year at all other one good half against Cork. We also gave up a big lead and were terrible against Cork the second day.

Pushed for a prediction I'd tip us, but it will definitely be a close game.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Hamstrings59

Ropaire wrote: »
    Are you for real? The minors game was in the melting pot and you haul that crap up again? Some waterford man you are, away with ya and your **** stirring.

Some Waterford man you are, you never let up at Derek McGrath. and the team, cutting the back off him on a forum, the likes of you are a disgrace to the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Some Waterford man you are, you never let up at Derek McGrath. and the team, cutting the back off him on a forum, the likes of you are a disgrace to the county.

Will I pipe down and start believing in the infallibility of a manager who hasn't won a game of note or tried to change a clearly malfunctioning system our players aren't suited to like you? Not likely! Just out of curiosity, where does the blind faith you have in him come from? Are you related to him or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

culbaire wrote: »
    How long is hurling being shown on Sky Sports? Actually Sky has not put sufficient effort into advertising the fact that it is on SKY Sports 3 or into explaining the rules of the game. Several of my friends in the UK and Australia did not even know that some of the games were shown live. I am aware of Canadians who travel long distances to view live hurling on TV. Actually new hurling clubs are starting up in the US. Those starting them up are not Irish. The expansion of hurling is in its infancy. The biggest problem is securing ash. Hurling died out in Argentina because it was impossible to secure ash for hurleys. The same problem arose in Newfoundland.
    Soccer has had over 100 of professionalism behind it. It was brought by British colonists overseas. Similarly with Rugby.
    How many people view live League of Ireland soccer on RTE which is a TERRESTRIAL station? It is a flop.
    Give me a good game of hurling any day over the ballet dancing, persistent diving, scoreless draws and penalty shoot outs at the World Cup. Hurling is our national game. Aussie Rules is Australia's national game. Do you think the Aussies care what the soccer apologists think about their National Sport? Somehow I think it is you who suffers from an inferiority complex. I couldnt give a damn what the cultural imperialists of the soccer world think.

I have to correct you there and say that Cricket is Australia's national sport followed by Rugby Union. I love the game of hurling too but I am not blind to the popularity of what we call soccor and by critizing a game that has spread way farther than all the countries that were colonized by Britian wont make the game of hurling any better. Will you be watching the World Cup tonight I wonder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement