Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

€40 for stands.[/quote

Tickets for the Davin end were only €10 for adults if you booked them online look last week, few of my friends got them.
    Good deal that, compared to €40.. Steep enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sliabh gCua1

STIG83 wrote: »
    How exactly? He was mentioning Niamh Briggs cos she is sister of WATERFORD footballer Shane Briggs.

So it not wrong forum.

And she played Ladies Football for the County up to a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Roanmore to beat Lismore at the weekend? 2/1 and lismore potentially missing Maurice?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Waterford cd

robopaddy wrote: »
    Derek's only downfall here is that he is a realist. He acknowledges where we are at as a team and as a county. Unfortunately some of the nay-sayers like yourself cannot see it. He is in the process of piecing together a system to bring the county forward. Once these young players develop and are ingrained into this system the good times will start to roll again. There is no doubt about that. These were always going to be a testing few years for Waterford and derek was always going to take the brunt of it. He knew that coming in. There is no quick fix. Like I say he is man with a vision. Its a 3 year plan. We are well on the road. Have faith and patience, things will come good for us.

I'm starting to think you are Derek McGrath , it's really sad what you are writing

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Top drawer

Thoughts on the upcoming senior games? Straight run for the big guns? Or any shocks? Fmw to beat dls? Dls missin a few?

• Advertisement

Top drawer wrote: »
    Thoughts on the upcoming senior games? Straight run for the big guns? Or any shocks? Fmw to beat dls? Dls missin a few?
    Wins for

Ballygunner
    Dungarvan
    Ballyduff
    Roanmore
    DLS
    Abbeyside....... I have no idea about injury news but Dls would be strong enough to beat 4mile with Moran Mullane and Jake Dillon no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Wins for

Ballygunner
    Dungarvan
    Ballyduff
    Roanmore
    DLS
    Abbeyside....... I have no idea about injury news but Dls would be strong enough to beat 4mile with Moran Mullane and Jake Dillon no?

Moran and Mullane will definitely be around anyway they both came on for the footballers last weekend.

Would have to fancy them if they're taking it seriously. Fourmile looked very good the first day v Aside, though maybe a bit reliant on Barron for scores.

Second day the they met what is clearly a well coached Roanmore side but a poor performance all the same. In fairness, Aside ran DLS close after but it does look like the focus is very much so on the football this year with FMW.

Think Dungarvan should beat Ardmore. They started very poorly v Bgunner, but recovered well and have a good young team.

Impressed with what I saw of BG and they have a 4 in a row winning u21 team, think they'll go a long way to winning the title. And think they'll win this weekend v Mt Sion.

Draw BDuff to beat Tallow. Passage to beat Abbeyside. And Lismore in the other game.

Moran and Mullane will definitely be around anyway they both came on for the footballers last weekend.

Would have to fancy them if they're taking it seriously. Fourmile looked very good the first day v Aside, though maybe a bit reliant on Barron for scores.

Second day the they met what is clearly a well coached Roanmore side but a poor performance all the same. In fairness, Aside ran DLS close after but it does look like the focus is very much so on the football this year with FMW.

Think Dungarvan should beat Ardmore. They started very poorly v Bgunner, but recovered well and have a good young team.

Impressed with what I saw of BG and they have a 4 in a row winning u21 team, think they'll go a long way to winning the title. And think they'll win this weekend v Mt Sion.

Draw BDuff to beat Tallow. Passage to beat Abbeyside. And Lismore in the other game.
    Abbeyside to beat Passage MountainLad, 20 bucks let's be avin youuuu? :P

Anyone go to the Ballygunner game? Who did most of the scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Boards Waterford Gaa Discussion Beers Night ??

Would anyone be interested or would all hell break lose at it lol

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

I'd fear for your safety!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Would be like a scene from BraveheartðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

A beers night might end up in a number of splits along such lines as East/West; Ryan/McGrath; Large Bottle/Lager - I could go on :D:pac:

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Abbeyside to beat Passage MountainLad, 20 bucks let's be avin youuuu? :P

I'll get better odds in the bookies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

Are most people here Dublin based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

chinguetti wrote: »
    A beers night might end up in a number of splits along such lines as East/West; Ryan/McGrath; Large Bottle/Lager - I could go on :D:pac:

Northside v Southside...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Are most people here Dublin based ?

I'd say so, hardly anyone on here in paid employment working in Waterford given how many jobs have been brought to the county by the 2 separate county councils.

I see Kilkenny are red hot favourites with paddy power for the minor on Sunday at 8/15 while Waterford are at 7/4. It'll be a big ask considering St Kierans and Kilkenny CBS played in the schools A final this year and the tradition behind them but if our lads played like they did against Dublin then there wont be much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Tallow 1-13 Ballyduff 15 points.

A bit of a shock there, most people would have taken Ballyduff to win that one.

It sounds like it was a thriller, a real local derby. It seems Evan Sheehan's goal before half time was vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I was thinking a game of hurling between everyone, I'd say there's enough people on here to make two teams and by the sounds of it some actually play or played hurling, lol, be some game, I'm thinking Waterford vs Clare 1998 style.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    Tallow 1-13 Ballyduff 15 points.

A bit of a shock there, most people would have taken Ballyduff to win that one.

It sounds like it was a thriller, a real local derby. It seems Evan Sheehan's goal before half time was vital.

An hour of my life I'll never get back! Horrendous stuff,it was as poor a game that I've seen in a longtime. Exciting because it was so close but the standard was diabolical. Tallow won't care as they needed to win badly so its the result that matters at the end of the day! Having seen Ballygunner last night its definitely between themselves,DLS,and maybe Dungarvan for the title. All the rest are just fighting for semi final spots. Looking like Ardmore will make a swift return to intermediate next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 OldBoro

Moxigan me arse what kind of plebs have we in the county board

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to our Minor team and management tomorrow
    Up The Deise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭thegambler2

All the county minors were not supposed to be playing club this weekend, and rightly so, Sean Hogan still played for Passage. Only minor to break managements rule...

All the county minors were not supposed to be playing club this weekend, and rightly so, Sean Hogan still played for Passage. Only minor to break managements rule...

Can understand it but hes not gotten a look in this year has he? Surprised because I thought he was going great for the club last year.

Can understand it but hes not gotten a look in this year has he? Surprised because I thought he was going great for the club last year.

No hasnt been given a chance yet this year, suprising since he was on the panel last year, missed match vs dublin though ( I think, correct me if wrong) and id say will be dropped to the extended panel for tomorrows game!

No hasnt been given a chance yet this year, suprising since he was on the panel last year, missed match vs dublin though ( I think, correct me if wrong) and id say will be dropped to the extended panel for tomorrows game!

Yeah he mustn't have made the bench if he was playing today. I agree that matchday players shouldn't be playing club hurling but definitely think the extended panel should be allowed.

For anyone interested:

Lismore bet Roanmore by 2
    Abbeyside bet Passage by 3
    DLS bet FMW by 8

Don't have the scores to hand/am too lazy to look them up.

Yeah he mustn't have made the bench if he was playing today. I agree that matchday players shouldn't be playing club hurling but definitely think the extended panel should be allowed.

For anyone interested:

Lismore bet Roanmore by 2
    Abbeyside bet Passage by 3
    DLS bet FMW by 8

Don't have the scores to hand/am too lazy to look them up.

This group is really as close as it possibly could be, (bar de la salle)
    Who do you think will get through?

This group is really as close as it possibly could be, (bar de la salle)
    Who do you think will get through?

Yeah County championship always throws something like this up. Think Lismore definitely will. Roanmore really only need one win I think (even a draw could be enough), the way they're playing could take Abbeyside.

If I had to call it now, I think DLS, Lismore, Passage (think theyll lose to DLS and FMW will lose to Lismore, and just on current form think Passage would win the decider between those teams) and then it comes down to who wins between Aside and Roanmore.

That will be a very close one I'd say, maybe just Aside to shade it as they have the form since the FMW game (only two points off DLS and the win today). Fairplay to Roanmore though, I would have been critical of them at the start but they've obviously done serious work down there.

The other looks fairly clear cut, Tallow should join the top three (BG, Mt Sion and Dungarvan) in the quarters.

Early quarter final line up prediction:

Ballygunner v Abbeyside
    Dungarvan v Passage
    Mt Sion v Lismore
    De La Salle v Tallow

And Ballygunner to win it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Getting on the road to Croker shortly. Best of luck to the minors today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Hon the minors, best of luck lads.

This discussion has been closed.