Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Blog of a friend of my brother's just started on Waterford GAA. Looks good https://www.facebook.com/alltheyoungbluesGAA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

In minding this own private business maybe

I'm pretty sure you can't do a PhD in 'minding this own private business', whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Anyone at the game between the Seniors and UCC played in Clashmore?

Doesnt seem to be any details online.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cookey123

Orizio wrote: »
    In what.

In leadership styles in the GAA i think, focusing specifically on management

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

cookey123 wrote: »

Great subject study be fair to him
    I haven't done anything academic wise related to it myself but management something in all codes something I study inside out upside down where possible and I huge interest in and I regard good management as king of the jungle no team can survive without out

Its always imo easily spot great I mean great manager from lads speak being great think there great never are
    Body language in games, team selection, post pre match interview can tell a lot
    What you'll find is normally good ones stay good but bar exceptional case poor ones never become great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 leerushon

What's the general view on the new championship structures that I hear the County Board are proposing...

Is this what we are looking for ? Surely it's better than doing nothing anyway ??

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Hurlers v LIT Carraiganore 2pm Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnkieran1

Yeah. And I hear the legendary Timmy Ryan is a guest lecturer.!!!!! "Let every blow be a funeral".

HillFarmer wrote: »
    Anyone at the game between the Seniors and UCC played in Clashmore?

Doesnt seem to be any details online.

Wat 3-27 UCC 1-11

Strongish Starting 15 for Deise v UCC minus the top Cork lads

Team used in Clashmore from a local paper

Iggy
    Shane Fives
    Barry coughlan
    Noel Connors
    Gav OB
    Aussie
    Shane Mc
    PA Walsh
    Martin O Neill
    Moran
    T Connors
    Mahony
    Brian O Halloran
    Brick
    Kearney

Subs Loads

SOK
    Dillon, Shane Bennett, SOS, Dara Fives, Donie Breathnach, Tommy Waring, Eamonn Power, Harney, Mark flynn, Eoin Madigan, Cormac Curran, Morrisey, Conor Murray

There but didn't line out, Steven Bennett, Dunford Donnelly

For UCC
    Shane Roche, TdeB, MOB,Paudie Prender, DJ, Jamie Barron played Tom Devine too for a bit.

Scores

Mahony 0-7, Shane Bennett 1-3, BOH 0-4, Warring and Breathnach 1-1, Dillon 0-3, Aussie 0-2, KEarney 0-2, Connors, Curran, Brick, dara Fives 0-1 each

MOB 1-0 and Barron 0-1 for UCC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

3ships wrote: »

Iggy
    Shane Fives
    Barry coughlan
    Noel Connors
    Gav OB
    Aussie
    Shane Mc
    PA Walsh
    Martin O Neill
    Moran
    T Connors
    Mahony
    Brian O Halloran
    Brick
    Kearney

Subs Loads

SOK
    Dillon, Shane Bennett, SOS, Dara Fives, Donie Breathnach, Tommy Waring, Eamonn Power, Harney, Mark flynn, Eoin Madigan, Cormac Curran, Morrisey, Conor Murray

Like the look of Moran and Brick in the forwards. We need big strong ball winners up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭N20

Yeah. And I hear the legendary Timmy Ryan is a guest lecturer.!!!!! "Let every blow be a funeral".

Lol - a few classics alright

Couldn't put up link from Youtube

"Pull hard he's no relation"

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

The u21 management team doesn't look too bad on paper at least. Definitely the addition of Tony and Mullane will add alot to the set up. These 2 will gain some respect from the panel which is a good thing. Obviously Derek has got the taste of county management and is going back for more. How they will work with the senior management could have a baring on how the year turns out for them.
    Kevin Daly will miss out and Seanie Barry is reported to be long term aswell so these are big losses but other than these two,potentially the squad is very strong.

archieknox wrote: »
    The u21 management team doesn't look too bad on paper at least. Definitely the addition of Tony and Mullane will add alot to the set up. These 2 will gain some respect from the panel which is a good thing. Obviously Derek has got the taste of county management and is going back for more. How they will work with the senior management could have a baring on how the year turns out for them.
    Kevin Daly will miss out and Seanie Barry is reported to be long term aswell so these are big losses but other than these two,potentially the squad is very strong.

Who's manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Who's manager?

Derek Lyons

Happy with that U21 management team. Derek McGrath was already talking about linking the panels more so don't see any problems there. Freeing up sufficient time in April/May for preparation will be key. There is also talk of Frampton joining the Senior set up so things coming together.

Think the shape of the Senior team is looking more promising too.

There was a challenge v UL tonight Waterford won 2-23 to 1-17 the usual 26 players used..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

The reason for such poor performances at u21 level the past few seasons is not due to lack of commitment on the part of any players but due to a lack of any cohesive link between the senior and u21 panels. You have a pretty farsical situation whereby the u21 management effectively works with and prepares a squad of players for 6 months which dosent include the lads on the senior panel. But then on the night of the championship game the senior lads are thrown straight into the team and what you then have is 15 felahs playing a game as a collective unit for the first time.
    Mac Dara Mc Donnacha who was part of last years backroom team stated after the hiding against cork that for us to make any progress at this level the 21s and seniors need to work together given the amount of lads in both sides. While this management team might look the part I still don't see how the issue is being addressed. There are 2 seperate management teams I don't see any link in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

3ships wrote: »

Iggy
    Shane Fives
    Barry coughlan
    Noel Connors
    Gav OB
    Aussie
    Shane Mc
    PA Walsh
    Martin O Neill
    Moran
    T Connors
    Mahony
    Brian O Halloran
    Brick
    Kearney

Subs Loads

SOK

Like the look of Moran and Brick in the forwards. We need big strong ball winners up there.

How did Darragh Fives go? Any word on Daniels or Maurice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Paddy Joe's influence can be seen already with the selection committee for the u21. Great appointments but lets thread carefully because if they don't get the required cooperation from McGrath then we're at nothing. It has to improve from the disasters of previous years but in the event of the seniors either struggling or being successful throughout the league I can't imagine too many of the squad being released back to the u21's bar the ones on the fringe of McGrath's squad to give them game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Waterford: O Regan Flynn Morrissey P Walsh Prendergast Connors O Brien O Sullivan Breathnach Power Curran Madigan Fives Foran Waring

Waterford 2-23 UL 1-17 last night. Team is above as per Tomas McCarthy twitter. Michael Kearney and mahony with the goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

With Mullane part of the set up there may be less chance Derek McGrath will obstruct the U21 management team again this year but we'll see how it turns out. Ideally it would be better to have one of the selectors of the U21's to also be a selector of the seniors. I cant see much good in having Stephen Framton as been the other selector to the seniors. Good to have Derek Lyons as manager of the U21's, I thought he came across very well with last years minors and seemed to have a good understanding of the game.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Waterford: O Regan Flynn Morrissey P Walsh Prendergast Connors O Brien O Sullivan Breathnach Power Curran Madigan Fives Foran Waring

Waterford 2-23 UL 1-17 last night. Team is above as per Tomas McCarthy twitter. Michael Kearney and mahony with the goals

Is that Ian Flynn full back?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Is that Ian Flynn full back?

It's definitely not Ian Flynn DLS anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cookey123

Anyone Know who the power was in the half forward line, there is also a waring on the panel any idea what club he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 leerushon

It's definitely not Ian Flynn DLS anyway.

I think that is Mark Flynn from Colligan.

leerushon wrote: »
    I think that is Mark Flynn from Colligan.

Yep that's the one. Be interesting what team lines out on Sunday. Not much of a team had UCC, 6 Waterford players on it was a bit like an internal match. Burnout is being played lip service with all these challenge matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Anyone Know who the power was in the half forward line, there is also a waring on the panel any idea what club he is?

Eamon Power I presume, now with Roanmore after transferring from Tramore last year. Warring is Erins Own isn't he? Light but fast player if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭waterford28

Amyone hear of any transfers that are already completed/ongoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭waterford28

Anyone hear of any transfers that are already completed/ongoing?

• Advertisement

John Dee from Portlaw to Mount Sion. Is that his third transfer in a row?

Kieran Power to Dungarvan, Bill Walsh (Tipp 21 in 2013) to Mount Sion and Shane Fives back to Tourin.

Source: Dungarvan Observer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement