Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

deisedude wrote: »
    How many is generally on the panel for Waterford Crystal games? I'm guessing its over 30 and gets whittled down?

There were 33 on the provisional training panel for 2013 which was released on the 3rd Jan this year. I pursume from now till christmas there will be trial games and players doing physical work and then there will be a cut in numbers before the waterford crystal game on the 12th Jan which will be the panel for 2014. At games there is usually 26 named on the programme but there are about 6 others on the extended panel not named for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭thesultan

Is it just the three new young lads that are new additions to the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

cul beag wrote: »
    He has been tried before and didn't really cut it.Agree that he has had an incredible club championship but personally i don't think his speed of hurling will cut it at inter county level.
    I don't think he's ever been tried out for senior hurling? He was asked by Michael Ryan at the start of this year but preferred to stay with the footballers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

thesultan wrote: »
    Is it just the three new young lads that are new additions to the panel?
    Aussie Gleeson, Tadhg Bourke, Stephen Bennett, Shane Mcnulty, Stephen Roche have been called up. Ryan Donnelly has been asked to join the training panel from what I'm after hearing. Kieran Power definately deserves a call up too, a serious prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so i imagine year one of the 3 year plan is to get to at least the all ireland Quarter finals.

I think Clare will win Munster in 2014, Tipp will be back stronger than ever i think, Limerick and Cork are good teams and will be there or there abouts. Munster hurling is in a strong position for years to come.

its disapointing that there will be no minor hurling dvd out (i knw there not normally out but maybe a local one like we had with the senoir teams a few years back)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    I don't think he's ever been tried out for senior hurling? He was asked by Michael Ryan at the start of this year but preferred to stay with the footballers

Himself and John got some time in the league under Davy a few years ago if I recall correctly.

Definitely think he's worth another look.

dc5f8e23cdf4080947435cbcbd30aef6.png

New Waterford Jersey for 2014-2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Same league format as last year. Not much room for error again or for trying too many new prospects. Going by last year's fixtures we should be home to Clare,Kilkenny and Dublin and away to Cork Tipp and Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Same league format as last year. Not much room for error again or for trying too many new prospects. Going by last year's fixtures we should be home to Clare,Kilkenny and Dublin and away to Cork Tipp and Galway?

Cork are in 1B

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Glad they kept the current format although would prefer if they went to home and away fixtures and give more games to teams

• Advertisement

I like

KevIRL wrote: »
    I like

Me too, I'll defintitely be getting this ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭quintain

it's gorgeous, I'm going to start losing weight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

You have a link to it? Is it on sale for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

IanVW wrote: »
    Cork are in 1B
    Sorry my mistake you're right. I was going on last year's fixtures. All tough games whatever way you look at it.

You have a link to it? Is it on sale for Christmas?

Well they released the design yesterday and said "coming soon" so I reckon them having it out in the public at this stage means they intend on having it out for Christmas.

Ballinacorty leading 5pts to 4 at the moment

Cratloe lead by 2 now 1-8 to 9pts

Cratloe win 1-10 to 0-11. Fair play to them, wins on successive days

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Poor result for Courty. I expected them to come through that.

Well done to Ballysaggart though. Stephen Bennett at it again scoring 1-11 of their 1-12 score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 1club1county

Great win for Ballysaggart, congratulations to all connected with the team !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    its disapointing that there will be no minor hurling dvd out (i knw there not normally out but maybe a local one like we had with the senoir teams a few years back)
    Coming Soon....
    https://www.facebook.com/ClubDeiseTheWaterfordGaaSupportersClub

280757.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cool thats the first time i saw that. my xmas list will be the new jersey, this dvd and the 2013 year book

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Great win for Ballysaggart, congratulations to all connected with the team !!!
    Credit due ,well done to them,like i posted friday,grenagh would be dogged,but ye would have more quailty up front.

Anyone at it,that could give us a view on the game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Poor result for Courty. I expected them to come through that.

Well done to Ballysaggart though. Stephen Bennett at it again scoring 1-11 of their 1-12 score.
    was at the game and very disappointed with the sending off of conor McGrath at the end which must surely take the gloss off what should be a great few days for the clare boys. I feel the courty player totally loss the run of himself when he knew the game was up..and should be ashamed for his actions. and fully deserved his marching orders.. as regards McGrath he must surely appeal that red.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

Credit due ,well done to them,like i posted friday,grenagh would be dogged,but ye would have more quailty up front.

Anyone at it,that could give us a view on the game?

Grenagh very unlucky and the longer break after the county win was a def advantage for Ballysaggart. They had a great start 1-2 to 0 after 6 minutes. Grenagh seemed to dominate the game after that but couldn't put the scores on the board. 12 wides in 1st half alone and quiet a few in the 2nd. Drew level with 7 or 8 minutes left but Bennett put away another 3 beauts, final one over his head. He's a brilliant player but Grenagh will rue the missed chances and squandered possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 courty08

rambojon wrote: »
    was at the game and very disappointed with the sending off of conor McGrath at the end which must surely take the gloss off what should be a great few days for the clare boys. I feel the courty player totally loss the run of himself when he knew the game was up..and should be ashamed for his actions. and fully deserved his marching orders.. as regards McGrath he must surely appeal that red.

Obviously it looks a lot worse on the losing team with what happened at the end of the game but Conor McGrath punched the Ballinacourty player first, so I don't think you should be so harsh on him....there were two parties involved. He was put over the line fairly and reacted. The ref should have shown some common sense and booked the two players given the game was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

What are the chances we'll be going to back to blue shorts with this?

Ropaire wrote: »
    What are the chances we'll be going to back to blue shorts with this?

Not sure, lot more blue in the jersey.

Hopefully they will, the white shorts are shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

Not sure, lot more blue in the jersey.

Hopefully they will, the white shorts are shocking.

I like the white shorts! Dont like this new design, would prefer to go back to a minimalist design like the jersey we had in the 80s. Dungarvan school wore one in the all ireland final this year, looked good. All white with 3 stripes on the shoulder and a small crest.
    On a small point- when did black become part of our colours?

Trivia: until the 1940s we wore all blue with a white trim,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement