Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Off the top of my head we have Shane Bennett, Colm Roche, Conor Gleeson, Cormac Curran and Patrick Curran. Not sure who else. Expect Darragh Lyons to be involved too, was very impressive for Dungarvan this year.

Shane Ryan of DLS will be a good addition to next year's minor team it would seem - his tally of 2-15 against Passage in the recent u21 Eastern semi final is fair going by any standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Shane Ryan of DLS will be a good addition to next year's minor team it would seem - his tally of 2-15 against Passage in the recent u21 Eastern semi final is fair going by any standards.
    Sean Hogan from Passage not a bad player either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭thesultan

Tough first game away to Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Absoultely,and I hope waterford do a revamp of the stadium , and host big games in the future,i just don't thinks it ready to host big games next year.

Ye have us at home in the u21 at walsh park that sould be enough;-)

I was listening to the county secretary on WLR earlier and he said for family tickets the rule is they have to be provided with seating area. In future he would like to see a second stand be developed for walsh park with a total of 10,000 seated and 10,000 standing. I cant see how the other side of the pitch could be developed with the row of houses and back gardens so close to the bank by the field. He also mentioned the objective this year in the league was to get to a quarter final. I thought someone on here said the quarters were not coming in till next year. Seems to be a bit of confusion there.

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/1611131644-ard-chomhairle-allianz-hurling-league-structures-2014/

Is it still possible for Blackwater to qualify for the knock out stages of the Harty Cup?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Is it still possible for Blackwater to qualify for the knock out stages of the Harty Cup?

Yes, even though One of the newsreaders on wlr were saying a few weeks back that they were out after loosing to Midleton. If they win by something like 25 points, Blackwater, Rochestown and Midleton would all finish on four points, but Blackwater would finish in second place on score difference, one point more than Midleton. Score difference and not head to head would be used if three teams were to finish on the same points. No pressure on the lads is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Mathemtically possible,but the reality is slim to none.A draw will do rochestown ,against blackwater,but even if defeated they wont be beaten by 25 points.IF they are bet,midelton will be the ones to prosper.

Simply out of the question to loose by 25,,when rochestown ,are made up of douglas and blacrock players,blackrock have won the last three minors titles in cork.

Douglas have mark dolan,aron ward,mark o connor all cork intercounty players at minor,dolan is u17 but will be a minor this year.
    Kieran kingston cork coach , two sons,conor and shane kingston at half back and half forward are two classy hurlers.
    Daniel meaney is a fine hurler,and played u21 for the rockies.Niall cashman,son of great jim cashman,played in a county u21 final today at half back and was superb.

Blackwater may well win ,but rochestown with aron ward,mark o connor,mark dolan(played senior with club) all more than capable of getting big scores and kingston,and meaney at midfield,they will score,so blackwater wouldwant to be getting around a total of 40 points to quaify.It will be some turnaround if they do it,but for such young lads realistcally it won't happen.

Even with Denis rings influence to win by that much is a bridge too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

Well done to Ballysaggart. Tremendous achievement for a club with such a small pick to get to a munster final

Well done to Ballysaggart. Tremendous achievement for a club with such a small pick to get to a munster final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Fair play to Ballysaggart, what did the Bennett machine rack up this time?

Is there another group game to be played in the Harty? DLS lost to Bandon last week and I had thought that meant them, along with Blackwater were gone and only Dungarvan (despite being beaten by Nenagh) were through to the quarters.

• Advertisement

Cake Man wrote: »

Is there another group game to be played in the Harty? DLS lost to Bandon last week and I had thought that meant them, along with Blackwater were gone and only Dungarvan (despite being beaten by Nenagh) were through to the quarters.
    only 1-5, I think's he's losing it!

Cake Man wrote: »

All games are played bar rochestown and blackwater,that was played in october ,but after a few minutes had to be called off,over blackwaters shane o brien(cork minor)getting a serious injury.
    Thank god he made a full recovery.
    Thats the only game left as far im aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

deisedude wrote: »

They should have every chance of going on and winning it now aswell. Having beaten the cork and tipp champs there is nothing to fear going into the Munster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

What sort of a population would Ballysaggart be working with?

The club championships are a terrific platform for giving clubs of all sizes their day in the sun. I also commend the likes of Loughmore-Castleiney who won the Tipp senior hurling and football this year, despite operating out of two tiny parishes with a sum total of 1,000 people between them. That's incredible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    only 1-5, I think's he's losing it!

He's lulling everyone outside the county into a false sense of security.

robopaddy wrote: »
    They should have every chance of going on and winning it now aswell. Having beaten the cork and tipp champs there is nothing to fear going into the Munster final.
    I always love the small club.I will cheer for them in two weeks.That game is on in Mallow on the 8th.I must go and have a look at the bennets.

Mallow is a fine ptich,one of the few ptiches rain won't affect at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

hardybuck wrote: »
    What sort of a population would Ballysaggart be working with?
    Their Facebook page claims they are the smallest club in the county. Dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean léi that the parish has a population of 225.

deiseach wrote: »
    Their Facebook page claims they are the smallest club in the county. Dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean léi that the parish has a population of 225.

To put that into perspective, I know of plenty of clubs where at least double that figure would be playing the monthly club lotto!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

robopaddy wrote: »

Knockshegowna weren't the Tipp champs - due to our marvellous county board, we have 32 Senior Clubs meaning most junior teams are second string teams who aren't eligible, Knockshe were beaten in the Tipp county Semi Final.

Knockshe wouldn't even have 225 tbh, its a wonderfull competition in that regard and great to see two small clubs like that in the final stages, kind of repersents everything the GAA is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

A small club alright but id say the smallest would be Old Parish or Melleray. Great achievement to be in Munster Final and hope they do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

Jarjohn wrote: »
    A small club alright but id say the smallest would be Old Parish or Melleray. Great achievement to be in Munster Final and hope they do it

affane surely??

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

Affane is bigger defo....Old Parish has 300 plus houses...Ballydurn I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ovalu

Affane is bigger defo....Old Parish has 300 plus houses...Ballydurn I would say

Tourin I would think, no parish, no school, no church..... nothing

Decent game on at Carriganore tomorrow at 4:30, UCC freshers playing Carlow in the freshers league final. Both teams will have a few Waterford lads lining out, Tom Devine, Tadhg Bourke, DJ Foran Barry O' Sullivan playing for UCC and Carlow will have Colin Dunford and Micheal Harney as far as I know!

I see our old pal Pat Flanagan will be helping out the Laois hurlers in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

ovalu wrote: »
    Tourin I would think, no parish, no school, no church..... nothing[/QUOTE

Jesus , sounds a bleak place to live ....How do Juventus and Torino get such big home attendances? :D

ovalu wrote: »
    Tourin I would think, no parish, no school, no church..... nothing[/QUOTE

Jesus , sounds a bleak place to live ....How do Juventus and Torino get such big home attendances? :D

Inagine the WLRfm commentary if you will "Long ball in from Daragh Fives to Del Piero. He takes a shot and its a Goooooaaaaaaaalllll".

"That was a great score by Andrea Pirlo, he'll be driving the fruit and veg van around Lismore in the morning".
    Jesus I'm getting flashbacks of tomkelly99!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Watched the senior panel going through their paces last night in Carriganore, the new men in charge mean business. Plenty of new faces too.

• Advertisement

Good to hear, do they train there every Tuesday?
    What new faces were there (that you recognised)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement