Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Couldn't recognise too many but Ryan Donnelly ( Dungarvan ) was there and Kieran Power as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Watched the senior panel going through their paces last night in Carriganore, the new men in charge mean business. Plenty of new faces too.

Were they flying? *ducks*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Molumphy is back from army duty, saw him on the news with the other soliders coming through arrivals. He said it was a long 6 and a half months. He would be a good ball winner to have midfield with Moran going to wing back and Fives to centre forward or could either put him centre forward. I'd say we will be as good as any team in the county next year. We need more options at wing half forward however, that would be our weakest area of the team as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Hope he'll be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is Tony Browne back for another year?

The experience he would bring to training and the dressing room would be worth it even if he wasnt a starter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

KevIRL wrote: »
    Is Tony Browne back for another year?

The experience he would bring to training and the dressing room would be worth it even if he wasnt a starter

He hasnt been a starter now with 2 years. He has given everything he has to the cause I dont think any player should be on the panel just for the reason you have mentioned. That ship has sailed. unless a fellah is up to 70 mins hurling he shouldnt be standing in the way of some fellah who is. Lets hope if derek is asked to make the decisionl he shows some balls because it wont be a popular call

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

Any Club Deise members here? What are the perks?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

deisedude wrote: »
    Any Club Deise members here? What are the perks?

Yep. Perks are as follows:

-You get a car sticker
    - You get a pen / key ring
    - You get access to a special members only section of the Facebook page.
    - You get a set of "I loves me county" pyjamas with John Mullane on them (available in kids and adult sizes)
    - You get an iphone app that translates West Waterford phrases for the city lads and vise versa.
    - If you get caught out trying to tip over those money pusher things in Tramore ( that push 20 cent coins over and back) the club Deise card turns off the alarm
    -You get a free midweek crab creme brûlée / chicken liver pâté in the Tannery in Dungarvan.
    - You get to go to a "speed friending" night in the Wacky Apple where you get 4 minutes chat with everybody on the entire extended football and hurling panels ( Senior panels only)
    - You get guaranteed ice (8 cubes per large bottle) for your cider in the County bar in Liberty Square Thurles on match days
    - You get a special personalised video message from Sean Kelly confirming that he is from Co Waterford not Tipperary ( very popular around Carrickbeg this perk)

There's more than that but those are the main perks. If any other members can think of any post them up sure. Well worth the few quid anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭blue note

robopaddy wrote: »
    He hasnt been a starter now with 2 years. He has given everything he has to the cause I dont think any player should be on the panel just for the reason you have mentioned. That ship has sailed. unless a fellah is up to 70 mins hurling he shouldnt be standing in the way of some fellah who is. Lets hope if derek is asked to make the decisionl he shows some balls because it wont be a popular call

If he drops Tony Browne from the panel I'll boycott the games until he's sacked.

• Advertisement

blue note wrote: »
    If he drops Tony Browne from the panel I'll boycott the games until he's sacked.

Typical waterford mentality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Deskjockey wrote: »

-You get a car sticker
    - You get a pen / key ring
    - You get access to a special members only section of the Facebook page.
    - You get a set of "I loves me county" pyjamas with John Mullane on them (available in kids and adult sizes)
    - You get an iphone app that translates West Waterford phrases for the city lads and vise versa.
    - If you get caught out trying to tip over those money pusher things in Tramore ( that push 20 cent coins over and back) the club Deise card turns off the alarm
    -You get a free midweek crab creme brûlée / chicken liver pâté in the Tannery in Dungarvan.
    - You get to go to a "speed friending" night in the Wacky Apple where you get 4 minutes chat with everybody on the entire extended football and hurling panels ( Senior panels only)
    - You get guaranteed ice (8 cubes per large bottle) for your cider in the County bar in Liberty Square Thurles on match days
    - You get a special personalised video message from Sean Kelly confirming that he is from Co Waterford not Tipperary ( very popular around Carrickbeg this perk)

There's more than that but those are the main perks. If any other members can think of any post them up sure. Well worth the few quid anyway.

Just one crab creme brûlée / chicken liver pâté?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

dzilla wrote: »
    Just one crab creme brûlée / chicken liver pâté?

Yes this was detailed on the leaked Club Deise PowerPoint presentation that was floating around. It specified just one per person

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

Deskjockey wrote: »

Ah jaysus, shur i've an android that would be wasted on me!

Watched the senior panel going through their paces last night in Carriganore, the new men in charge mean business. Plenty of new faces too.
    Was Dan involved much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I would have to agree there.I think Derek McGrath needs to go down the JBM route when it comes to blooding the young talent and Waterford have plenty of that.This is a football example but Dublin blooded new players this year and they won the all ireland.In Cork guys like Colm O'Neill, Michael Shields, Daniel Goulding, Aidan Walsh and Paul Kerrigan were blooded when they were very young.They were blooded at a young age and by the time they get/got to around 24 or 25 years of age (most of that lot are already around that age) they will be/already are players with their prime years still ahead of them.They will also be/are players with a lot of championship experience already behind them at that age which leaves you in a very good position going forward.To become an experienced championship performer you need to get the experience in the first place.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Deise_2012 wrote: »

There were just five (on the UCC team). Good to see that Mark O'Brien was one of them (along with Devine, Foran, Barry O'Sullivan and Tadhg Bourke). Surprised they lost (2-14 to 1-16 - anyone know who the scorers were?). Carlow hurling is on a roll just now!

Giveitfong wrote: »
    There were just five (on the UCC team). Good to see that Mark O'Brien was one of them (along with Devine, Foran, Barry O'Sullivan and Tadhg Bourke). Surprised they lost (2-14 to 1-16 - anyone know who the scorers were?). Carlow hurling is on a roll just now!
    Colin Dunford also with Carlow. Their full forward done most of the damage scored like 2-4 I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sami Jenkis

Full time result from Walsh Park Eastern U21 final DLS 1-16 Sion 1-12
    Well deserved victory for DLS. Very dominant second half performance after teams were level at half time.
    Austin Gleeson went off with 15 minutes to go with a hamstring injury, which pretty much ended Mount Sions hopes. Not a great game by any means.
    Any idea who won the Western title?

Full time result from Walsh Park Eastern U21 final DLS 1-16 Sion 1-12
    Well deserved victory for DLS. Very dominant second half performance after teams were level at half time.
    Austin Gleeson went off with 15 minutes to go with a hamstring injury, which pretty much ended Mount Sions hopes. Not a great game by any means.
    Any idea who won the Western title?
    Lismore

• Advertisement

Waterford continued their pre season preparation on Saturday last with a challenge game V Wexford in Carriganore, Wexford won by 8 points in the end, 3.18 to 0.19 but it was a good run around for Waterford. Ryan Donnelly and Donie Bhreatnach impressed in the forwards, and Tadhg De Burca impressed at corner back also. Seamus Prendergast was full forward so it looks like he's sticking around for an assualt on 2014.
    More challenge games against Westmeath and Carlow arranged for the coming weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Waterford continued their pre season preparation on Saturday last with a challenge game V Wexford in Carriganore, Wexford won by 8 points in the end, 3.18 to 0.19 but it was a good run around for Waterford. Ryan Donnelly and Donie Bhreatnach impressed in the forwards, and Tadhg De Burca impressed at corner back also. Seamus Prendergast was full forward so it looks like he's sticking around for an assualt on 2014.
    More challenge games against Westmeath and Carlow arranged for the coming weekends.

Any idea where and when those games are on?

Waterford V Carlow Sunday 8th December @ Carriganore 12 o'clock

Waterford V Westmeath Saturday 14th December @ Carlow, not sure of throw in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Waterford V Westmeath Saturday 14th December @ Carlow, not sure of throw in time.

Carlow are surely gonna be in awful shape without the Mount Leinster boys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Sound thanks for that, will get down for a look.

Ah sure I suppose at this time of year it's just about giving fellas a run out and getting the fitness up so I wouldn't be concerned about what shape other counties are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

This a long shot but does anyone on here know If the Kilrossanty club lotto was won last night?
    My dad always goes to the pub it on but he didn't go last night.

Carlow are surely gonna be in awful shape without the Mount Leinster boys?

Wouldnt underestimate them. Some good hurlers coming through there with a while and some good work being done. Theres 5 or 6 other strong clubs aswell.

What to people think of seamus prendergast getting hurler of the year? Congrats to him but its a sign of what a poor year its been for adult hurling in the county. Im guessing this was chosen on the merits of his club performances rather than county and if thats the case there were definetly more deserving winners

What to people think of seamus prendergast getting hurler of the year? Congrats to him but its a sign of what a poor year its been for adult hurling in the county. Im guessing this was chosen on the merits of his club performances rather than county and if thats the case there were definetly more deserving winners
    Whole thing was a joke imo Stephen Bennett was the only person who deserved his award he was outstanding all year. I don't know who selected the nominees for the awards but they have become a laughing stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Whole thing was a joke imo Stephen Bennett was the only person who deserved his award he was outstanding all year. I don't know who selected the nominees for the award but they have become a laughing stock

They'll never give a senior award to a minor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement