Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    I definately thought it was Shane Mcnulty corner back and Iggy in goal for the whole game too

Shane McNulty played with the WIT Freshers in a challenge game last night in Piltown against a Wexford outfit. Adam O Sullivan played at corner back last night! I think the giveaway was reading on twitter today he being congratulated on his performance last night and he accepting it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Any news on transfers of any major significance? Is it true Michael Kiely from St Marys is moving to Dungarvan? John O Leary moving back from Mt.Sion to Ballyduff Lower? Is Shane Fives returning to Tourin?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Deise189

I`m pretty sure Shane Fives is staying in Carrigtwohill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Deise189 wrote: »
    Are you Shane Fives? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I'm SP... I mean I'm SHANE FIVES!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

cul beag wrote: »
    Any news on transfers of any major significance? Is it true Michael Kiely from St Marys is moving to Dungarvan?

Where did you hear this from? That really would be wrong on so many levels is there any other county where this stuff is allowed to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Waterford hurling manager Derek McGrath will give a presentation of his plans for the coming year at the Red Cow (at the junction of the M50 and N7) next Wednesday, January 15th at approx 7.45 pm. All Waterford supporters in the Dublin area are welcome to attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

God help them.

Why whats the story with Fanning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Deise189 wrote: »

Is daragh fives staying with Tourin?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Any news on transfers of any major significance? Is it true Michael Kiely from St Marys is moving to Dungarvan?
    robopaddy wrote: »
    Where did you hear this from? That really would be wrong on so many levels is there any other county where this stuff is allowed to happen?

Its true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Giveitfong wrote: »
    Waterford hurling manager Derek McGrath will give a presentation of his plans for the coming year at the Red Cow (at the junction of the M50 and N7) next Wednesday, January 15th at approx 7.45 pm. All Waterford supporters in the Dublin area are welcome to attend.

Any idea what the thinking behind this is (if it's true!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Deise189

noiniho wrote: »

Not sure about Darragh but i presume he is! I was talkin to a person from the club and he said shane is stayin in Carrigtwohill for this year anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

tonc76 wrote: »

You would wonder,Ist time I heard of that happening at Intercounty ,it seems a token jesture to get the Dublin media on board,is all I think.To be so open ,and informative ,sweetens them up.

I could be wrong.You would think if it were the fans,he was doing it for it would be in Waterford ,where a lot can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Giveitfong wrote: »

Has he done anything like this closer to home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

You would wonder,Ist time I heard of that happening at Intercounty ,it seems a token jesture to get the Dublin media on board,is all I think.To be so open ,and informative ,sweetens them up.

I could be wrong.You would think if it were the fans,he was doing it for it would be in Waterford ,where a lot can go.

Is it for the Waterford Supporters Club in Dublin?

Is it for the Waterford Supporters Club in Dublin?

I dont know to be honest

Has he done it wateford ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

I dont know but I will be there. Anyone like me based in dublin who has travelled on the train from dublin to waterford games will realise just how many loyal supporters the deise has in the capital. Many young but many of the older generation aswell who have been going to matches for decades. Its a terrific idea and shows how in touch mcgrath is.

Also the supporters club up here does phenomenal work aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

tonc76 wrote: »

Perhaps because they are helping to fund the team and want to see the plans he has for their investment?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Derek McGrath held a similar open event in Dungarvan before Christmas. It was designed to let the public know of his plans for his term of office, but I didn't hear how it went.

I don't think the Dublin event is being organised by the Waterford Supporters Club in Dublin, which is a bit strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

WLR Grandville Award winner to be announced this weekend. Can it be taken that the Minor hurlers will win the overall award. Also has anyone noticed that of the ten monthly winners (none for January or December) that none were presented to someone for something that they did while playing football, and none went to anyone playing Camogie, Ladies Football, Handball, Scor etc. There is more to the GAA in Waterford than hurling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

noiniho wrote: »

Daragh Fives is staying with Tourin, no intention of going elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Black Suir wrote: »
    WLR Grandville Award winner to be announced this weekend. Can it be taken that the Minor hurlers will win the overall award. Also has anyone noticed that of the ten monthly winners (none for January or December) that none were presented to someone for something that they did while playing football, and none went to anyone playing Camogie, Ladies Football, Handball, Scor etc. There is more to the GAA in Waterford than hurling.

Could you be more specific as to who you think deserves one so and also who would they be winning it instead of???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Could you be more specific as to who you think deserves one so and also who would they be winning it instead of???

No Problem. Paul Whyte was outstanding in Waterford's defeat to Galway in the Football qualifiers. Major achievement by De La Salle and Mount Sion in winning the Intermediate and Junior Football Championships after near misses in recent years.

Waterford Ladies Footballers won All-Irelands at under 14 and 16 levels. Some might say at 'B' level but an All-Ireland is an All-Ireland, regardless of the level.

In Camogie, Waterford's under 16's reached the All-Ireland this year. Beth Carton and Brianna O'Regan were outstanding all year for them. Lismore won the Munster Intermediate Camogie Final after a replay against opposition from Clare. By all accounts, Aisling O'Brien for them in the County semi final, final and Munster Final replay excelled.

I would have no problem if the minors won the award and think they will, but my choice would be Patrick Curran, 3 All-Irelands in the one year says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Any announcement on the team for tomorrows crystal cup game?

robopaddy wrote: »
    I dont know but I will be there. Anyone like me based in dublin who has travelled on the train from dublin to waterford games will realise just how many loyal supporters the deise has in the capital. Many young but many of the older generation aswell who have been going to matches for decades. Its a terrific idea and shows how in touch mcgrath is.

Also the supporters club up here does phenomenal work aswell.
    Well thats fair enough,if its for those reasons it makes sense.I didn't know ye had a huge fan base in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Losing 1-6 to 6 points to UL in the Waterford crystal at the mo

Ahead 1-8 1-6 now

Hmmm now its saying Waterford 0-10 UL 1-10 full time.

Repeat of last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

UK 1.11 waftd 0.10 full time score

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

Meanwhile our opponents in the first round of the league put up 3-20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement