Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Any list of transfers available?
    Dungarvan's poaching policy has paid dividends at long last we hear! 2 new additions to their squad,their years off canvassing has eventually paid off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

babs123 wrote: »
    King henry just tweeted that he is looking forward to working with Colm Bonnar. That can only be good for WIT cos I presume the king must be workin in WIT now and that's what he is tweeting about!!!!

U are about as interesting as a bag of crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

cul beag wrote: »
    Dungarvan's poaching policy has paid dividends at long last we hear! 2 new additions to their squad,their years off canvassing has eventually paid off!!

One was mentioned on here already, whos the second?

shoddy14 wrote: »
    One was mentioned on here already, whos the second?
    Supposed to have some fella from Kilkenny joining aswell. Didn't hear his name. Just wondering is it a prerequisite that when James O Connor agrees to train your team that you must delve into the transfer market to strengthen the squad?!! I mean when he was in Carrigtwohill Shane Fives transferred to them along with an ex Portumna player:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Obviously there is great ambition within the club to get a manager of such high regard!! is it St marys ladies football team!! That would make more sense. Excuse my ignorance

Is this the same Michael Ryan that took De La Salle to an all ireland club final.When they were beaten by one of the all time great clubs sides in Portumna?It look's like there's more than one Babs that like's to talk sh!t!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 culbaire666

Is this the same Michael Ryan that took De La Salle to an all ireland club final.When they were beaten by one of the all time great clubs sides in Portumna?It look's like there's more than one Babs that like's to talk sh!t!
    Michael Ryan had nothing to do with the DLS team that year, think he came in the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Michael Ryan had nothing to do with the DLS team that year, think he came in the following year.

Oh yeah i just checked there and that's correct.De La Salle won the county and the munster title while he was there though.So it hardly cancels out Babs silly post.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭babs123

there is no need to get so angry robopaddy. its only a discussion.come on now .

They wanted him out before the Munster final which is a fact. He continued on in a background capacity. He took no part in the decisions from then on and that's another fact. He is a football man and good at that to be fair but out of his depth which I think was proven

They wanted him out before the Munster final which is a fact. He continued on in a background capacity. He took no part in the decisions from then on and that's another fact. He is a football man and good at that to be fair but out of his depth which I think was proven

• Advertisement

Wexford and Galway within the next week. Dates and times to be confirmed. Will post when I hear.
    They must have had a meeting with the johns to find out how to do it properly. You learn from the best that's what I say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

King henry just tweeted that he is looking forward to working with Colm Bonnar. That can only be good for WIT cos I presume the king must be workin in WIT now and that's what he is tweeting about!!!!

Or cos colm bonner and andy maloney are taking the reigns at BallyHale

;)
    Absolutely correct. Take no notice of the replies to your post everything you said here is correct. But for the sake of keeping the peace you'll learn to move on from this topic and try to discuss current GAA happenings in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

They must have had a meeting with the johns to find out how to do it properly. You learn from the best that's what I say

Would you do us all a favour and stop talking sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Anyone know how this years minors are shaping up? Should be strong again this group won the tony forristal 4 years ago and nenagh u16 plate. Patrick curran shane bennett colm roche conor gleeson cormac curran and mj sutton all still on the age from last year. Im guessing limerick will be the team to beat with much of last years team still on the age

deisedude wrote: »
    Would you do us all a favour and stop talking sh1te
    That's not ****e talk. D johns are after destroying mid county clubs with their poaching policy and offers of jobs etc. One of there prominent players was suspended cos they transferred him illegally last year and he got suspended. I think you will find that this is not ****e talk but fact. You mightn't like it but its true and happening as we speak so please reply with constructive criticism or a counter argument but not that immature responses.

robopaddy wrote: »
    Anyone know how this years minors are shaping up? Should be strong again this group won the tony forristal 4 years ago and nenagh u16 plate. Patrick curran shane bennett colm roche conor gleeson cormac curran and mj sutton all still on the age from last year. Im guessing limerick will be the team to beat with much of last years team still on the age
    Very quiet camp this year is all I heard Not much coming from them. I would say it will be very hard to re focus this year especially with so many of them under age. Its probably a good sign that its quiet though.

;)
    Absolutely correct. Take no notice of the replies to your post everything you said here is correct. But for the sake of keeping the peace you'll learn to move on from this topic and try to discuss current GAA happenings in the county.
    I hear you. Will take on board but could state a lot more facts but that's for another day.

dzilla wrote: »
    Or cos colm bonner and andy maloney are taking the reigns at BallyHale
    Sarcasm my friend .

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Sounds like our resident troll has come back as a reincaration of yet another username. How many is it at this stage Babs. We've had ManFromCheese, Sam Sweark, Sid Wallace, any others you can remind me of. Every time your poision is exposed you seem to runaway and come back with a different username but with the same badness.

• Advertisement

alllcounty wrote: »
    Sounds like our resident troll has come back as a reincaration of yet another username. How many is it at this stage Babs. We've had ManFromCheese, Sam Sweark, Sid Wallace, any others you can remind me of. Every time your poision is exposed you seem to runaway and come back with a different username but with the same badness.
    New to this forum as you should know as I replied to myself a couple of times until I had it figured out. Was never on this forum before so whatever issues you had with previous users it has nothing to do with me. So if that's all you can say or bring to the table its pitiful. I might speak my mind and have strong opinions but I am open to other points of view and RESPECT them. You should try that and its nothing personal. ( it looks like you have "john" connections)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

Hi Lads
    I don't think it is Derek McGraths job to be instructing and telling everybody when challenge games are on etc. Do you think Brian Cody is doing likewise or Davy Fitz. The fixtures are public knowledge league and championship. This is what the man and the team will be judged on after all. Derek Mcgrath has enough to be doing with out notifying the general public. It is better to keep these things in-house anyway in my opinion. That's what has happened in Waterford during the last decade. WLR and the public turning the Waterford set up into a carnival. Leave the man do his job and find out from the secretary when challenge games are on. If you don't know who that is ask when you are buying your deise draw ticket!
    Babs 123

Sorry Babs, but the "agenda" types just don't fly here, this board iis less about gripes and more about sharing info and opinion, typoing screw flanders over and over again is not the way to contribute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Sarcasm my friend .

Ok,it wasnt clear.I must have misinterputed your sarcasm. I just thought you where a bit soft.

Sorry Babs, but the "agenda" types just don't fly here, this board iis less about gripes and more about sharing info and opinion, typoing screw flanders over and over again is not the way to contribute
    No agenda just speak my mind and facts .Defend the people I believe in . You need a spelling check buddy. Hard to decipher your code!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

No agenda just speak my mind and facts .Defend the people I believe in . You need a spelling check buddy. Hard to decipher your code!
    What's the attack on Michael Ryan for? Everyone else is after moving on and you set up a boards account just to have a pop at him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

Your grammar is hardly perfect :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Oh yeah i just checked there and that's correct.De La Salle won the county and the munster title while he was there though.So it hardly cancels out Babs silly post.

and got to an All-Ireland semi final before loosing in Extra Time, late in extra time at that. Anyone what to put our Babs up for a job in Waterford hurling, maybe have him or her ready in waiting for when Derek McGrath finishes up whenever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Ya Limerick could be strong. Ardscoil Ris and Doon are doing well in the Harty Cup and many of these players will be involved. Cork could also do well, with the likes of Rochestown and Bandon (hopefully they will be out on Tuesday) also doing well. Having no team left in the Harty might be a help to Tipp as their selectors will now have first call on all their players. The same with Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

I made a balls up of my typing there, you're right, but generally when people attack your grammar and spelling it means their argument is not solid ,it's a good way to give yourself away to those who are versed in debating ,and know when to go in for the kill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Is Ronan Lynch still on the age for limerick? he was very good, reminded me of Brian O' Halloran in the 2009 minor team

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement