Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭sid wallace

alllcounty wrote: »
    Sounds like our resident troll has come back as a reincaration of yet another username. How many is it at this stage Babs. We've had ManFromCheese, Sam Sweark, Sid Wallace, any others you can remind me of. Every time your poision is exposed you seem to runaway and come back with a different username but with the same badness.

I'm not a troll. It's a very poor character trait to assume that anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

As it happens I was at Derek McGraths presentation to the Supporters club the other night in the Red Cow and everything I heard left me in no doubt that the panel made the correct decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Anyone want to shed some light on what was discussed?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

I'm not a troll. It's a very poor character trait to assume that anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

As it happens I was at Derek McGraths presentation to the Supporters club the other night in the Red Cow and everything I heard left me in no doubt that the panel made the correct decision.

Your not doing your idol any favours with all these usernames and constant attacks on the previous management team. The league will be starting in 4 weeks time and that will be a chance for your idol to at least match the prior management team who successfully kept us in the top 4 during their 2 years. You can keep putting the pressure on him if you want but results will determine if he is good or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Look up definition of troll on the internet. We know who you are and all your previous usernames and we know your personal opinions on certain people. We also know your previous tactic of logging on as 2 different users for the purpose of agreeing with and backing up your own comments and trying to gang up on other posters.. Its quite depressing really and I have a lot of sympathy for you as there are obviously some underlying issues that make people behave this way.

PS you were no more at the red cow the other night than Nelson Mandela was

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    What's the attack on Michael Ryan for? Everyone else is after moving on and you set up a boards account just to have a pop at him

To get a reaction from people. Bizzarely this is how some people get their kicks in life so best not to take the bait

• Advertisement

Is Ronan Lynch still on the age for limerick? he was very good, reminded me of Brian O' Halloran in the 2009 minor team

Yep and cian lynch a lot of their big names are there again they will be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

robopaddy wrote: »
    Yep and cian lynch a lot of their big names are there again they will be serious.

Limerick will be a serious team,i have seen them train 1st hand and saw them dismantle Mary I in a challenge,yes just a challenge but there touch and pace is sublime,creegan,a selector very much a main man ,and jerry wallis of cork 2006 etc,antrim ,and limerick is with them.

They have around ten of last year ,have morrisey,la touche cosgrave ,barry nash. cousin of anthony ,cian lynch,ronan lynch ,are a serious team.

Tipp have liam cahill involved and I saw them in u17 tournament ,and have good talent,limerick probably win at home ,but being overwhelming favourites do not suit limerick.

We have a serious team ,and a few of midelton dean ryan cup team ,and rochestown in the harty plus we won the u17 all ireland in august ran that limerick team at u16 to a point in a munster final ,and we have a top class manager mark landers,denis ring a proven manager and with blackwater and john o dywer and liam martin our best set up in years.

Likey we play limerck away ,we will rattle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

I reckon Derek McGrath has played 16 under 21 players in the four senior games played since the beginning of the month. This doesn’t include a number of players who will be in contention for this year’s under-21 team.

Just for the hell of it I am proposing the following possible championship line-up at this level. This doesn’t include any of this year’s minors, several of whom could also be in contention. Again it serves to show the level of young talent available.

Seanie Barry
    Adam O’Sullivan, Tadhg Bourke, Shane Roche
    Shane McNulty, Kieran Power, Ray Barry
    Tom Devine, Gavin O’Brien
    Donie Breathnach, Austin Gleeson, DJ Foran
    Jake Dillon, Stephen Bennett, Jamie Barron

Subs: Ryan Donnelly, Seamus Keating, Mikey Kearney, Cormac Heffernan. Michael Harney. Kieran Bennett, Colin Dunford, Cathal Curran, Kevin Daly

Have I overlooked anyone?

Of that panel of 24, I reckon 16 will be under 21 again in 2015, when Patrick and Cormac Curran, Shane Bennett and Colm Roche will be moving up from minor.

Giveitfong wrote: »
    I reckon Derek McGrath has played 16 under 21 players in the four senior games played since the beginning of the month. This doesn’t include a number of players who will be in contention for this year’s under-21 team.

Just for the hell of it I am proposing the following possible championship line-up at this level. This doesn’t include any of this year’s minors, several of whom could also be in contention. Again it serves to show the level of young talent available.

Seanie Barry

Subs: Ryan Donnelly, Seamus Keating, Mikey Kearney, Cormac Heffernan. Michael Harney. Kieran Bennett, Colin Dunford, Cathal Curran, Kevin Daly

Of that panel of 24, I reckon 16 will be under 21 again in 2015, when Patrick and Cormac Curran, Shane Bennett and Colm Roche will be moving up from minor.

Wow serious team there considering ryan donnelly has been starting with the co seniors he would be a shoe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭babs123

Wow serious team there considering ryan donnelly has been starting with the co seniors he would be a shoe in.
    Serious team but does anybody think that Austin Gleeson should be just kept centre back. We saw the same thing happening with Ken Mcgrath. I know they are serious hurlers in any position but I would like to see him at no6 and build the team around him. Put bennet centre forward or Micheal Harney.

• Advertisement

To get a reaction from people. Bizzarely this is how some people get their kicks in life so best not to take the bait
    Not attacking the man just not a fan of his that's all

alllcounty wrote: »
    Your not doing your idol any favours with all these usernames and constant attacks on the previous management team. The league will be starting in 4 weeks time and that will be a chance for your idol to at least match the prior management team who successfully kept us in the top 4 during their 2 years. You can keep putting the pressure on him if you want but results will determine if he is good or not.
    You should look at the league relegation final of last year and see who was in it. The league should be used as a feeding ground for the championship. Whats the point in staying in the division when you loose a match against Kilkenny which should have been won. Its championship we will judge Derek on and I think that's when he will prove his pedigree. Did Michael Ryan tell anyone when the St Marys are playing a challenge match.!! Would really like to know

Look up definition of troll on the internet. We know who you are and all your previous usernames and we know your personal opinions on certain people. We also know your previous tactic of logging on as 2 different users for the purpose of agreeing with and backing up your own comments and trying to gang up on other posters.. Its quite depressing really and I have a lot of sympathy for you as there are obviously some underlying issues that make people behave this way.

PS you were no more at the red cow the other night than Nelson Mandela was

It's all in your head pal.

Seanie Barry

At the meeting the other night McGrath said that there were currently 16 under21s on the training panel and that he expected 12 of those to make the cut when the panel is cut to 32. He also said that he had 19 students and that he thought 18 would make the cut. He emphatically ruled out a return for Mullane.

Anyone want to shed some light on what was discussed?

PowerPoint presentation to a room of about 50 supporters. Possibly the best attended meeting of the Supporters club that I have been at. Followed by a Q&A session. Two hours all in. No journalists present.

While the session was essentially an appeal for funds, he covered every aspect of the panel and the running of it that one could reasonably expect. He was very open and frank about himself and his background and his failure to make it as a senior county hurler. He took full responsibility for the loss to UL and explained how he thought this came about. He was very anxious that the whole county should pull together and that there should be no more East v West ****e. He explained how he thought the team would and what the plan was for the league. He is an impressive chap who clearly spends every hour thinking and reading about the game. Whether that will translate into success, only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Any challenges this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brad1234

At the meeting the other night McGrath said that there were currently 16 under21s on the training panel and that he expected 12 of those to make the cut when the panel is cut to 32. He also said that he had 19 students and that he thought 18 would make the cut. He emphatically ruled out a return for Mullane.

TROLL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Seanie Barry

Just my opinion but I think Aussie should be in the wing back line, I saw him play centre forward v tipp in 2012 and I much prefer him hurling in the half back line. A lot of people underestimate how good Kevin Daly is at full back, serious player. I'd expect him to be in with a shout at full back, Darragh Duggan knows him well. Tadhg Bourke is wasted in the full back position

Seanie Barry
    Shane Mcnulty Kevin Daly Shane Roche
    Tadhg Bourke Kieran Power Aussie Gleeson
    Colin Dunford Ray Barry
    Gavin O'Brien Donie Breathnach Dj Foran
    Stephen Bennett Jake Dillon Jamie Barron

Brad1234 wrote: »
    I think we all know to much as it is. Derek is not answerable to any supporters club and should not have to go through this. We should learn from the successful counties. We had a troll in Ml Ryan so the only way is up. If I was Derek McGrath I wouldn't say one more thing to the general public. Gerald McCarthy s first year was a disappointing but he built success for future years. Its the usual response from Waterford so called supporters. If you are looking for a troll go knock on our last managers door.

Brad1234 wrote: »

Are the numbers wrong?

• Advertisement

babs123 wrote: »
    I think we all know to much as it is. Derek is not answerable to any supporters club and should not have to go through this. We should learn from the successful counties. We had a troll in Ml Ryan so the only way is up. If I was Derek McGrath I wouldn't say one more thing to the general public. Gerald McCarthy s first year was a disappointing but he built success for future years. Its the usual response from Waterford so called supporters. If you are looking for a troll go knock on our last managers door.
    He's not answerable at all. He offered to make the presentation. He has previously made the presentation in Dungarvan and New York. He is effectively opening the doors of the camp to the committed supporters which can only be a good thing. He also said he'd encourage every one to come and see the training.

One of the interesting points was that they are training in a number of different rural locations and having their post training meals in local eateries so as to spread the business around the county, which is only a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

PowerPoint presentation to a room of about 50 supporters. Possibly the best attended meeting of the Supporters club that I have been at. Followed by a Q&A session. Two hours all in. No journalists present.

While the session was essentially an appeal for funds, he covered every aspect of the panel and the running of it that one could reasonably expect. He was very open and frank about himself and his background and his failure to make it as a senior county hurler. He took full responsibility for the loss to UL and explained how he thought this came about. He was very anxious that the whole county should pull together and that there should be no more East v West ****e. He explained how he thought the team would and what the plan was for the league. He is an impressive chap who clearly spends every hour thinking and reading about the game. Whether that will translate into success, only time will tell.

I normally don't agree with this tool, but this is accurate in relation to that meeting,as I was there also.

with the no Journalists present line,he asked for certain small things not to leave the room, so would be reluctant to make much more of a report than that.

babs123 wrote: »
    Did you get dropped off the panel by Michael Ryan? Just wondering because you won't shut up about him, getting annoying now. You give me any manager in the country and give him a team like Waterford had the last 2 years with such limited resources, see how they get on in the league and championship. You're definately from the city anyways

I normally don't agree with this tool, but this is accurate in relation to that meeting,as I was there also.

with the no Journalists present line,he asked for certain small things not to leave the room, so would be reluctant to make much more of a report than that.
    I would agree with that, which is why I wouldn't go into specifics.

Steven Daniels on the UL Fitz panel?? Thought he's not back until may or june

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, local mods are not online, so I'm stepping in to remind posters of some site rules

It is not permissible to speculate over the real identity of any users. It is also not permissible to speculate over possible re-regs in the public forums. Report the posts if you think someone may be a re-reg of a banned poster, otherwise any former IDs are absolutely none of your business

It's also not permissible to abuse other users - again report posts or posters that you have a problem with

Calling somone a troll in-thread is backseat modding

I've deleted a large number of posts and will leave it to the local mods to deal with some of the posters as they see appropriate. However anyone failing to follow these instructions will find their posting privileges removed

Any questions PM me - do not respond or dicuss any modding matters in-thread

Thanks

Beasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kerrrBLAHHH

Some mad sh1t going on around here tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Deise Doodler

IanVW wrote: »
    Any challenges this weekend?

Heard they are to play Wexford later this week , and Galway at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Any idea where they're on? They should be good workouts before the league starts.

• Advertisement

Just my opinion but I think Aussie should be in the wing back line, I saw him play centre forward v tipp in 2012 and I much prefer him hurling in the half back line. A lot of people underestimate how good Kevin Daly is at full back, serious player. I'd expect him to be in with a shout at full back, Darragh Duggan knows him well. Tadhg Bourke is wasted in the full back position

Seanie Barry
    Shane Mcnulty Kevin Daly Shane Roche
    Tadhg Bourke Kieran Power Aussie Gleeson
    Colin Dunford Ray Barry
    Gavin O'Brien Donie Breathnach Dj Foran
    Stephen Bennett Jake Dillon Jamie Barron

Personally, I don't think Austin Gleeson had the defensive instincts necessary to play on the half back line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement