Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Patrick Curran starts for the brothers wearing number 25

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Teams update cork thread for harty cup

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Dungarvan were beaten today by Hamilton, 0-13 to 0-11.
    Cahalane, the lad recently called up to the senior Cork set up, scored 0-10. Some going at that level, must be a real prospect.
    Hard luck to Dungarvan

Hamilton 0-13 Dungarvan 0-11 FT. Michael Cahalane scored 10 points for the Cork side

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭babs123

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Dungarvan were beaten today by Hamilton, 0-13 to 0-11.
    Cahalane, the lad recently called up to the senior Cork set up, scored 0-10. Some going at that level, must be a real prospect.
    Hard luck to Dungarvan
    was talking to JBM last week as he is a friend of a friend and he said he is the hottest prospect that he ever trained. That is saying something

• Advertisement

babs123 wrote: »
    was talking to JBM last week as he is a friend of a friend and he said he is the hottest prospect that he ever trained. That is saying something

Im a a huge fan of him,watched him since he was 14 and he is that .

Your way of in your jbm quote do,im sorry to dissapoint you now,but he has just been called up by jbm,never trained yet with them or at any time under jbm(not once in full training,trust me,i know,cork had two training sessions last thursday at cit and sunday morning at cit ,he wasnt there as harty cup was on.Cork are training tngt,he wont train as he has a b munster football against thurles friday.

Jbm wouldnt say that ,as he is and can be as great as conor lehane and words dont do hes talent justice he is that good ,but you cant say he is better than lehane as a prospect,and jbm wouldnt say otherwise.

Lets be crystal clear on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

Im a a huge fan of him,watched him since he was 14 and he is that .

Your way of in your jbm quote do,im sorry to dissapoint you now,but he has just been called up by jbm,never trained yet with them or at any time under jbm(not once in full training,trust me,i know,cork had two training sessions last thursday at cit and sunday morning at cit ,he wasnt there as harty cup was on.Cork are training tngt,he wont train as he has a b munster football against thurles friday.

Jbm wouldnt say that ,as he is and can be as great as conor lehane and words dont do hes talent justice he is that good ,but you cant say he is better than lehane as a prospect,and jbm wouldnt say otherwise.

Lets be crystal clear on that.

english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Disappointing to hear Dungarvan out of the Harty and no more Waterford colleges left in it. It's a pity but I suppose the good side is the minor management will have a full panel together in preparing for the championship.
    How did Paddy Curran go, was this his first game back from injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Cake Man wrote: »
    Disappointing to hear Dungarvan out of the Harty and no more Waterford colleges left in it. It's a pity but I suppose the good side is the minor management will have a full panel together in preparing for the championship.

Yeah real pity that there is no Waterford side left in the last four of the Harty, especially in light of the excellent recent record our schools have - 4 Harty titles in 7/8 years is some going. I suppose we need to look at the positives and the minor management will have the full panel available from now on to make a serious impression on the championship.

I wasnt at the game, but WLR said Patrick Curran did well, scored from play as well as the frees. But he clearly couldnt have been fully fit and sharp after a lengthy injury lay off. Dungarvan bit unlucky that their main scoring threat had been injured and was only coming back when such a big game arrived.

I made a balls up of my typing there, you're right, but generally when people attack your grammar and spelling it means their argument is not solid ,it's a good way to give yourself away to those who are versed in debating ,and know when to go in for the kill.
    Dont preach or cry wolf about grammar ,when you are only human yourself and make mistakes,and clearly you dont like it yourself when you are pulled up on your grammar,so a bit over the top,but any time you want to talk gaa ,lets do so ,thats if you have anything knowledable to say on it.Your own posts with respect are hardly elite literal skills at there best,so you are hardly in a place to comment.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

hardybuck wrote: »
    Provided that you haven't togged out with your home club in that same year.

Haven't, what's involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

What's the story with transferring to a club in a different County? Is there a cut off point, what's the deadline does anyone know?
    Are you leaving us for another discussion page? :(

We can change Mountainlad

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Yeah real pity that there is no Waterford side left in the last four of the Harty, especially in light of the excellent recent record our schools have - 4 Harty titles in 7/8 years is some going. I suppose we need to look at the positives and the minor management will have the full panel available from now on to make a serious impression on the championship.

I wasnt at the game, but WLR said Patrick Curran did well, scored from play as well as the frees. But he clearly couldnt have been fully fit and sharp after a lengthy injury lay off. Dungarvan bit unlucky that their main scoring threat had been injured and was only coming back when such a big game arrived.

I done a report with the teams on the cork thread.
    Dungarvan fought gamely a credit to waterford hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Haven't, what's involved?

The club you're transferring to will take care of all the paperwork. Once your home club gets it they either approve it, object (that would only be if they had doubts as to your address) or not respond within 10 days. If it is the latter, it will go through automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

hardybuck wrote: »
    The club you're transferring to will take care of all the paperwork. Once your home club gets it they either approve it, object (that would only be if they had doubts as to your address) or not respond within 10 days. If it is the latter, it will go through automatically.

Speaking of which when will the full list of transfers become available?

robopaddy wrote: »
    Speaking of which when will the full list of transfers become available?
    Look lads if you need to know anything about transfers contact the "johns" and they will tell you all the loop holes, ways of getting around things, how to change your address and living quarters in order to be allowed transfer. What the "johns " don't know about transferring is not worth knowing. They will all tell you different but they know and trust me on this one. Look them up on the GAA website im sure there secretary will tell you all about it. He is a sound , hilarious man with a bit of condition on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

He is a sound , hilarious man with a bit of condition on!!!

Bit unnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Look lads if you need to know anything about transfers contact the "johns" and they will tell you all the loop holes, ways of getting around things, how to change your address and living quarters in order to be allowed transfer. What the "johns " don't know about transferring is not worth knowing. They will all tell you different but they know and trust me on this one. Look them up on the GAA website im sure there secretary will tell you all about it. He is a sound , hilarious man with a bit of condition on!!!

Who the hell are the Johns? I'm guessing John Mitchels? Or is there a club knocking around Waterford that are hell bent on recruiting all players named John to play for them that I haven't heard of?

• Advertisement

You must have got a transfer to them yourself then? Whoever the 'johns' are.

dzilla wrote: »
    Bit unnecessary
    all in good spirits

Ropaire wrote: »
    Who the hell are the Johns? I'm guessing John Mitchels? Or is there a club knocking around Waterford that are hell bent on recruiting all players named John to play for them that I haven't heard of?
    Did they sting ye too?

Did they sting ye too?

Am I right in saying that they don't have a juvenile section, but since they returned on the scene, guys have transferred over to them for adult football, based on old family ties in many cases?

Perhaps ye'd be better off if Mitchell's had an underage side. Then neither of ye would probably be able to field, and then have a formal grouping. Or they could group with the likes of Kilmac, Kilrossanty etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭seananigans

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Thanks, I was trying to work out when the league semi finals and final were on and it's in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

So lads anyone want to predict a team for the first round of the league against Tipp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Cake Man wrote: »

Wouldnt be worried about that result many of these lads have harty medals from last year and the year before the groundwork has already been done. The big issue going forward is that players from the dungarvan schools will no longer have exposure to this level of hurling following the decision to scrap the almalgamated schools due to dungarvan colleges success over the past couple years. CBS will realistically not be able to compete at this level once the current crop of players moves on due to the size of the school. The past few years we have seen many talented young players come through from smaller rural clubs that are not renowned for producing top hurlers and this is thanks in no small part to the experience gained at top level schools hurling. This is an area we will inevitably lose ground on in the coming years given the lack of schools we already have competing in the harty in comparision to the other Munster counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,352 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ropaire wrote: »
    Thanks, I was trying to work out when the league semi finals and final were on and it's in this.

cant see us getting that far to be honest. Tipp, Kilkenny, Galway,clare and Dublin all look ahead of us already

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    cant see us getting that far to be honest. Tipp, Kilkenny, Galway,clare and Dublin all look ahead of us already
    It's Jan 22nd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement