Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Its hard to know what tippereary will do.

Is the talent there,withoubt a doubt it is.
    Jason forde was unreal today,throw in bubbles dywer,and noel mcgrath,niall o meara,bonner etc,Corbett,they have forwards.

Denis maher was very good for ul today.

The doubt I have is the so called Messiah ,cometh the hour,cometh the man Mcgeeney.Greatly overrated and I cant fathom what he brings to tipp,bar pubilicty and media attention,and they woul do better off the radar.

Thats my doubt with them.They beat wexford,offaly,portumna 2-18 to 2-17 last week in challenges ,cathal kenny is meant to be flying for them.

There playing us in thurles at 7 ,but behind closed doors tommorrow.Championship fair enough ,but feburary in all honesty a bit much.

No doubt the geezer making a mark alright for all the wrong reasons.Apparently tipps call ,to have the game behind closed doors.A joke in fairness in februrary.

Bill Maher you mean and he won't feature for Tipp this year.

I also don't think McGeeney is going to make or break their season, they'd be one of my favourites for the all-ireland as I can't see them losing to Limerick in Thurles and a win their should drive them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

HillFarmer wrote: »
    at 4 in mallow

I will do a report for ye if cant make it .
    Ill be there at the harty cup game more than likely.

Bill Maher you mean and he won't feature for Tipp this year.

I also don't think McGeeney is going to make or break their season, they'd be one of my favourites for the all-ireland as I can't see them losing to Limerick in Thurles and a win their should drive them on.
    My mistake I get mixed up so many mahers.im sure he on the u21 panel do and tipped as a future star.

My mistake I get mixed up so many mahers.im sure he on the u21 panel do and tipped as a future star.

Captain when they won the minor in 2012. Will start u21 this year, and I don't doubt he could be a big player for Tipp if he continues to progress as he has been.

Captain when they won the minor in 2012. Will start u21 this year, and I don't doubt he could be a big player for Tipp if he continues to progress as he has been.
    sound
    Is he a brother of the lads ?

• Advertisement

sound
    Is he a brother of the lads ?

Nope no relation, from the Kilsheelan/Kilcash club. Now, lets talk no more of Tipperary :P

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭halfforward

Stephen Bennett was in attendance at the game against Mount Leinster Rangers on Friday. He didn't tog out obviously but he seems part of the panel. It would seem strange if he were cut now as Derek McGrath would be aware of his club commitments so why bring him onto the panel and cut him without any opportunity to play?

How did they get on against Mt Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Any updates/team news from the challenge match v Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

How did they get on against Mt Leinster?

Won by 5 goals.

Waterford 1-12 limerick 0-8

• Advertisement

IanVW wrote: »
    Waterford 1-12 limerick 0-8

Thriller

Thriller

lol id say so!!

Any updates/team news from the challenge match v Limerick?

Waterford won by 3 around 1-12 to 11 or so points.
    Jake dillon with the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

O'Keeffe
    Coughlan
    Fives
    Bourke
    Nagle
    Brick
    Philip Mahony
    Moran
    S O'Sullivan
    Seamus Pender
    Paudie Mahony
    Dillon
    Maurice Shan
    B O'Sullivan
    Shane Walsh

Waterford Subs used. Austin Gleeson-Jamie Barron-Stephen Molumphy-Noel Connors-Ryan Donnelly-Ray Barry-Thomas Connors-Paudie Prendergast

WTD scorers: Jake Dillon 1-0 Pauric Mahony 0-4 (3f) Stephen Molumphy Maurice (1f) Jamie Barron 0-2 each Jamie Nagle Shane Walsh 0-1 each

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    O'Keeffe
    Coughlan
    Bourke
    Nagle
    Brick
    Philip Mahony
    Moran
    S O'Sullivan
    Seamus Pender
    Paudie Mahony
    Dillon
    Maurice Shan
    B O'Sullivan
    Shane Walsh

The other corner back?

The other corner back?

Coughlan shane fives bourke

The other corner back?
    my apologies shane fives was full back

Is Richie Foley injured?

Is Richie Foley injured?

According to last sundays papers he had to have another hip operation for a third time, he had it around christmas and hopes to be back by championship time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

The other corner back?

Look at deise's post again s.fives full back

robopaddy wrote: »
    Look at deise's post again s.fives full back

Bit late to the party, but thank you.

According to last sundays papers he had to have another hip operation for a third time, he had it around christmas and hopes to be back by championship time
    Jesus that is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭babs123

Jesus that is ridiculous
    Ritchie foley is not a championship player. He wouldn't have gotten near the teams of the last decade. Don't think he is the future or the answer to any of our problems. we need to stick with the youth and try new talent that might bear fruit in a couple of years. continuing with foley is a dead end if you ask me and when he is deemed a loss its a bad sign in my opinion. too slow for championship and especially the way the game is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭deisedude

babs123 wrote: »
    Ritchie foley is not a championship player. He wouldn't have gotten near the teams of the last decade. Don't think he is the future or the answer to any of our problems. we need to stick with the youth and try new talent that might bear fruit in a couple of years. continuing with foley is a dead end if you ask me and when he is deemed a loss its a bad sign in my opinion. too slow for championship and especially the way the game is gone.

For someone who you don't think is championship class he fairly lorded it against Kilkenny last year. If Foley could stay injury free he would be a guaranteed starter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kerrrBLAHHH

deisedude wrote: »
    For someone who you don't think is championship class he fairly lorded it against Kilkenny last year. If Foley could stay injury free he would be a guaranteed starter

Started brilliantly against Kilkenny, had a great first quarter but faded, shame about the injuries he definitely has what it takes.
    3rd hip operation the poor bastard, hopefully he can get back but can't be looking good for him at this stage...
    Shame to see potentially excellent players not fulfilling there potential because of injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Richie was on fire against Kilkenny last year, he's excellent on long range frees too which is a big problem area for us. Is Martin O'Neill fit again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

A pity richie didnt meet babs before the op. He needent have bothered with it then and just retire altogether. Shur who needs his type anyway?

He might get a game for the Johns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Waterford down 1-1 to 0-0 early on v clare

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement