Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Stoke - BT Sport1 - 12:45 (No streaming links!)

• 17-08-2013 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Well here it is the first premiersip league game of the season..

my first match thread please forgive lack of team graphics........>

Please discuss*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Really think Liverpool will come out of the blocks and do Stoke 2-0.....come on you redmen!! YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I really hope Michael Owen phones in sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Can't call it. Stoke an unknown quantity under Hughes. Hopeful of a win but not confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

0-0 to open up the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

LFC top of the pile after the early exchanges.. A marker of our dominance for the year ahead. You know what's coming next...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

OUR YEAR!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Liverpool will win the corner count, the woodwork count and the possession count.

Goals are overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Liverpool will win the corner count, the woodwork count and the possession count.

Goals are overrated.

Ah here. We've sold Downing, AC & Joey Cole. Rout tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

GTR63 wrote: »

Hopefully, for BT's sake, he just texts.

Adam to score direct from a corner. Liverpool to lose 1 nil despite having 70% possession, 20 shots, and 12 corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

GTR63 wrote: »

Reckon it won't be long before he dislocates his voice-box or ruptures his larynx and misses most of the season through injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

OUR YEAR!

If we avoid defeat(boy am I optimistic) due to alphabetic order we'll be top of the table for over 2 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

SantryRed wrote: »
    0-0 to open up the season.

It has got 0-0 all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Undoubtedly.

But a 0-0 is still likely enough unfortunately.

Liverpool are favourites so I'll predict 3-0 - when we win we tend to win well.

But if Stoke survive the inevitable early onslaught it could be anyone's game - 0-0 would be a shrewd bet, though it could always be nicked by either team by one.

Most likely outcome a Liverpool win, but far from confident.

Early exchanges will be key I feel.

Vital not to let that inevitable feeling of disappointent sink in if early chances go begging.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Feeling much more confident about this than i was this time last year.

Expecting a back four of Johnson Toure Agger and Enrique which is weak compared to the teams around us and hopefully we can deal with Stokes set pieces which really seem to trouble us.

Then we'l probably have a midfield of Lucas Allen and Gerrard which looks to be Rodgers favorite trio if we're to go on pre-season.Hopefully Lucas is back to his best and allows Gerrard and Allen to pick up positions higher up the pitch.

Our front 3 is completely different than last year and this is going to be the biggest improvement from last year Coutinho Aspas and Sturridge.Aspas has looked superb so far scoring 4 goals for us in pre season while Sturridge and Coutinho proved last season that they are very good players.This Liverpool team will have lot's of goals in them this season.

Prediction 3-1 Liverpool

Our year *sarcasm

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

About to get on the flight over for the match. Come on you redmen!

Be nice to get a good win, but I'll take a scrappy one. Only won 2 from the last 10 opening fixtures I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Can't see anything other than a comfortable victory for the Redmen. 1 or 2 up by half time and decimate them once they receive their red card.

Can't wait for the crying Hughes post match interview. Sloppy goals. Individual mistakes. All the players fault. Nothing to do with me guv.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

fangee wrote: »
    Can't see anything other than a comfortable victory for the Redmen. 1 or 2 up by half time and decimate them once they receive their red card.

Can't wait for the crying Hughes post match interview. Sloppy goals. Individual mistakes. All the players fault. Nothing to do with me guv.

Now that's a post asking for trouble after a horrible scoreless draw or sucker punch away win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I can see stoke having a bit of success form set pieces as neither Toure or Agger are all that dominant in the air.

Liverpool will score but I can seem them conceding too, I'll go for a 1-1 or 2-1 Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Today sees a small trilogy achieved -

The first live Premier League game on Sky Sports was on 16 August 1992, Liverpool were beaten by Nottingham Forest at the City Ground 1-0

The first live game on Setanta was also a Liverpool game but I can't find any details.

BT Sports first Premier League game - Liverpool v Stoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thread not started by LuckyCharms vs 5Starpool being at the game...tough to know who'll come out on top.

I predict Charlie Adams will be a deciding factor in the result...not sure for who yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

mike65 wrote: »

The first live Premier League game on Sky Sports was on 16 August 1992, Liverpool were beaten by Nottingham Forest at the City Ground 1-0

The first live game on Setanta was also a Liverpool game but I can't find any details.

I think the first live PL game on ESPN was Villa v Liverpool, Stevie G scored that cracking free kick late on.

Draw today and the Superthread to be in meltdown by 6pm

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Owen on BT Sport is saying he has heard that Henderson, Aspas and Sturridge are all starting but it's not confirmed yet.

kfallon wrote: »
    I think the first live PL game on ESPN was Villa v Liverpool, Stevie G scored that cracking free kick late on.

Draw today and the Superthread to be in meltdown by 6pm

Alas no, ESPN first game was Everton 1 - 6 Arsenal. The Liverpool v Villa game was their third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Owen on BT Sport is saying he has heard that Henderson, Aspas and Sturridge are all starting but it's not confirmed yet.

Mignolet

Johnson
    Toure
    Agger
    Enrique

Lucas
    Gerrard
    Henderson

Aspas
    Sturridge
    Coutinho

Would be what I'm hoping for. I've a feeling we'll need Henderson's energy today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

3-1 Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Like the look of that team. BR right to be cautious by using Henderson. Once things have settled down he can introduce Allen & co

No one knows what the new post Pulis Stoke will play like but we do know that the squad is largely as was, so will they set up to contain and then look to hit with a long ball counter via Walters and Crouch or through the magic of Charlie Adam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Like the look of that team. BR right to be cautious by using Henderson. Once things have settled down he can introduce Allen & co

Happy enough with hendo, id rate him highly.

Going to go with 2-0 to the pool, cant see where stokes attacking threat is coming from (Walters aint the greatest).

Inho and iago to score.

Also looking forward to the post match interview where geoff shreeves ignores the match and just bombards brendan with questions about luis. Hope he decks him if he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

No one knows what the new post Pulis Stoke will play like but we do know that the squad is largely as was, so will they set up to contain and then look to hit with a long ball counter via Walters and Crouch or through the magic of Charlie Adam?
    Shawcross to turn into an imperious ball playing defender. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

It's not a matter of how many goals are scored, it's a matter of how many Liverpool players will come off injured. Old habits die hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

MagicIRL wrote: »
    It's not a matter of how many goals are scored, it's a matter of how many Liverpool players will come off injured. Old habits die hard!

Don't say that! There will be a fleet of ambulances at Anfield carrying away the wounded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

MagicIRL wrote: »

Ah here, were not arsenal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wtf

I don't want a band in the build up to a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

No Downing to rage at today :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

is sturridge really ready for a starting spot though?? id hate to risk him from teh start if there is even a slight chance he might not be fully fit yet. id prefer him to come on in the second half if thats the case. just use sterling aspas and coutinho up front from the start to tire the stoke defence before leaving sturridge on the finish the job. fingures crossed for today. id love a walkover against stoke but id settle for a 1-0. one game at a time 3 points at a time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

While no result would surprise me, I'd be thinking it's a 2-0 Liverpool win.

It's unacceptable if we lose.

Paulegend wrote: »
    is sturridge really ready for a starting spot though?? id hate to risk him from teh start if there is even a slight chance he might not be fully fit yet. id prefer him to come on in the second half if thats the case. just use sterling aspas and coutinho up front from the start to tire the stoke defence before leaving sturridge on the finish the job. fingures crossed for today. id love a walkover against stoke but id settle for a 1-0. one game at a time 3 points at a time

He Played a full half against Celtic and played a good bit of the game against newcastle behind closed doors . So I would say start him because we are a little bit light up front .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Loads of sturridge goals please. Cmon the Reds!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

3-0 to the Pool today with Coutinho stealing the show. Probably be top after todays fixtures too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Any team Mark Hughes has played for or managed, is or has never been the most subtle. I can see stoke being right in Liverpool's faces today and being down right awnry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Prediction 3-1 win LFC....Our Year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

well ive been getting the betting rust out of my system in the last couple of weeks so im hoping for a great day today:D ive a couple of bets on with just the premier games today with over/under 2.5 goals and win forcasts but i wanna put a fiver on a hattrick in the liverpool game aswell(its a heart felt bet rather than a head thinking one). if sturridge does start im going to maybe have him at 14/1 or else ill throw a quid one sterling gerrard and coutinho at bigger odds.

cmon the pool

well ive been getting the betting rust out of my system in the last couple of weeks so im hoping for a great day today:D ive a couple of bets on with just the premier games today with over/under 2.5 goals and win forcasts but i wanna put a fiver on a hattrick in the liverpool game aswell(its a heart felt bet rather than a head thinking one). if sturridge does start im going to maybe have him at 14/1 or else ill throw a quid one sterling gerrard and coutinho at bigger odds.

cmon the pool

Do NOT BET ON LIVERPOOL !!!!!!

Do NOT BET ON LIVERPOOL !!!!!!

Except corners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Toure, Agger, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Sturridge

Provided Sturridge is fit enough, that's the team I would have picked.

Liverpool XI: my guess formation

Mignolet,
    Johnson, Toure, Agger, Enrique
    Lucas,
    ----Henderson, Gerrard,
    Aspas--Sturridge--Coutinho,

Liverpool subs: Jones, Wisdom, Allen, Sterling, Ibe, Borini, Luis Alberto

So its all attack then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

edit: as above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Wenger spotted in the crowd at Anfield.

267723.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

cmon the pool

Awwww.... never bet on Liverpool :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement