Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea v Manchester United - 17th August 5:30pm - SkySports 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Danger781 wrote: »
    He's pacing his living room frantically chewing on gum

Poor Cathy will have awful trouble digging it out of the carpet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What a goal.

iY3VHzEjNGItI.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Side note: de gea is sexy when his hair is wet!

Robin! Legend

Carrick also looking hot with the wet hair vibe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

We were hardly getting a kick in the first twenty minutes. At least one defensive error and we are ahead but its been far from a good display from UTD.

We had a couple of good chances to go ahead, better than any Swansea have had.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Jesus we've being very lucky so far.. get in!

Don't think so, United have had the better chances. The Giggs pass in particular. A lot of control and nice work in the middle from Swansea, but not much threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Cleverley has been shocking again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Cleverlys having a mare :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Tom Cleverly is having a poor game so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I can't figure out what position Valencia is playing.

Quandary wrote: »
    We're very fortunate to have a 2 goal cushion. Carrick all on his own in the centre, Cleverley looking lost out there.

Swansea are in no way dominating the midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Clev is out of his depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

No more goals please. Have my score cast sorted as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

We had a couple of good chances to go ahead, better than any Swansea have had.

United are doing well to stop the Swansea midfield from attacking.

Would expect Ando for Clev and Kag for Giggs not too long into the second half.

He was dreadful last year. How some people rate him is amazing. Not united standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

2 goals doesn't stop the moaning I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We are extremely lucky to go in 2 goals up. Reminds me alot of last season, play dreadful but still getting the 3 points (I hope)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

'The thoughts of Jamie Redknapp after the break'

*switches to Pointless*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If we go 5-0 the moaning will continue...

Delighted for moyes!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    2 goals doesn't stop the moaning I see.

We've played sh1te tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Happy with the first half. We've created the better chances and kept Swansea's attack at bay. Looked a little lightweight in the middle but that's hardly anything new. It's definitely not been as bad as some would make it out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

United have been living off Swansea errors. Defensively both teams are dire. As amazing as rvp goal was his foot was higher than most people's head! Only saving grace for him and the referee was the Swansea defender also tried to kick it. It would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if one player tried to head it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Christ, what person at Sky Sports thought this format would be a good idea??

Headshot wrote: »
    We are extremely lucky to go in 2 goals up. Reminds me alot of last season, play dreadful but still getting the 3 points (I hope)

The team are not playing dreadful. Dreadful would be Swansea having several clear cut chances, destroying our midfield and not creating any chances.

Utd have been adequate in midfield, Swansea haven't had a meaningful shot on target and there have been a couple of decent chances for Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Just popping my head in to say RvP <3 and Refs are ruining football with stupid decisions like that booking on Carrick. The game is becoming non contact and nonsensical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Keeping a clean sheet would be lovely here. Even though he hasn't had much of a preseason, Kagawa needs to come on. Also Ando should have started this evening, he's been one of the more positive aspects of our preseason IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Utd defence look like lads that met for first time ten minutes before game.....would be nice to have someone like Gustavo in MF to stamp his authority on game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lucky enough to be 2 up but I don't think Swansea have caused major problems.
    Giggs is really pissing me off with his flicks and dummies that don't seem to ever come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Cleverly has been very poor tonight, don't think he's done a thing right so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

RVP the difference at the moment and that is worry for the rest of the season if anything happens to him.

Clev has been really poor so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Lucky enough to be 2 up but I don't think Swansea have caused major problems.
    Giggs is really pissing me off with his flicks and dummies that don't seem to ever come off.

Watching a replay of his flick to RVP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Jernal wrote: »
    United have been living off Swansea errors. Defensively both teams are dire. As amazing as rvp goal was his foot was higher than most people's head! Only saving grace for him and the referee was the Swansea defender also tried to kick it. It would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if one player tried to head it.

You must hate bicycle kicks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

We've played sh1te tbf

****e team selection too though? Swansea had a good 10 minutes at the start but once united got into it the game was curtains.

Maybe football isnt his sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Utd defence look like lads that met for first time ten minutes before game.....would be nice to have someone like Gustavo in MF to stamp his authority on game.

Wolfsburg bought him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Anyone notices the quality of the replays on sky? Nearly blurry. Everything else fine and in HD

You're the kinda lad that would like to see overhead kicks banned from the game.

edgecutter wrote: »
    RVP the difference at the moment and that is worry for the rest of the season if anything happens to him.

Clev has been really poor so far.

There's a reason why he's the best CF in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

That was some goal from Van Persie.

I would have hardly scored that myself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

dubmick wrote: »
    Anyone notices the quality of the replays on sky? Nearly blurry. Everything else fine and in HD

It's because of the rain. Absolutely bucketing down in Wales. (and here too actually)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Harsh scoreline on Swansea, but they are just lacking a bit in the final third. Need to get Bony on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

This format is weird. There is an audience by Redknapp seems utterly determined to ignore them. At one stage they had a chance to cheer but they were almost instantly cut off. It's as if the presenter and Redknapp don't realise there is a load of people in the room with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

There's a reason why he's the best CF in the league?

No doubt, but we have struggle so far until his goal and it's concerning considering we are so reliant on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Wolfsburg bought him
    I know;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Quandary wrote: »
    You must hate bicycle kicks?

Love them actually but there's such a thing as having the space to pull one off safely and one where there's a high probability of contact with a person's head. I was just pointing out the fine line in his goal. Had that Swansea player tried to head the ball rvp would have caught him full in the face or vice versa.

Liam O wrote: »
    ****e team selection too though? Swansea had a good 10 minutes at the start but once united got into it the game was curtains.

Yeah well that's my opinion. I think we've played poorly and that's due to a poor team selection IMO. It doesn't help that Cleverley, Jones and Giggs have been poor.

Nani, Kagawa and Rooney not even in the team. :)

Love them actually but there's such a thing as having the space to pull one off safely and one where there's a high probability of contact with a person's head. I was just pointing out the fine line in his goal. Had that Swansea player tried to head the ball rvp would have caught him full in the face or vice versa.

But he didnt. Thats a completely hypothetical situation. He clearly had the space to pull it off because he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Owen_S wrote: »
    Christ, what person at Sky Sports thought this format would be a good idea??
    There's absolutely no substance to it at all, particularly with Jamie Redknapp there. The studio is there just to swish, and the audience is pointless and franky quite annoying, go back to the old press box studio please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Slightly off topic, but the Barclays ad for the Premier League during the ad break was really very good, a nice piece.

Advertisement