Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brutal broadband for the last month now

Options
  • 17-08-2013 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭

Before I start I really hate your customer service, I rang eircom and eircom try to make it out its my fault, what a load of crap but i suppose that's what I get for ringing at the weekend....

For the few months now my broadband has been alot worse. I would loose internet access, the red light was on the router. I would try to restart the router and sometimes it would work others times no. I had to order a eircom modem/router because eircom dont support third party router and I installed it last night while I had trouble with my broadband and the same trouble happen the eircom modem/router in that I had no internet access and the red light was on.

My broadband is crap these days, brutal pings and really slow 
    I would do a ping test and often get request timed out. My broadband is just not right these days

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Headshot wrote: »
    Before I start I really hate your customer service, I rang eircom and eircom try to make it out its my fault, what a load of crap but i suppose that's what I get for ringing at the weekend....

For the few months now my broadband has been alot worse. I would loose internet access, the red light was on the router. I would try to restart the router and sometimes it would work others times no. I had to order a eircom modem/router because eircom dont support third party router and I installed it last night while I had trouble with my broadband and the same trouble happen the eircom modem/router in that I had no internet access and the red light was on.

I would do a ping test and often get request timed out. My broadband is just not right these days

Hi Headshot

I have been going through your previous cases with us and the recent contact with support. Did you receive a Zyxel D100 as a replacement? Did you connect it with only one device initially to see if there was any improvement over a few days?

Can you elaborate on the recent problems over the last couple of months to confirm it matches the notes with technical support.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hi Headshot

I have been going through your previous cases with us and the recent contact with support. Did you receive a Zyxel D100 as a replacement? Did you connect it with only one device initially to see if there was any improvement over a few days?

Can you elaborate on the recent problems over the last couple of months to confirm it matches the notes with technical support.

Thanks, Mark
    I had the same trouble with it yesterday infact. the D100 which eircom sent out to me had a red light on the internet connection 

Iv just find it very slow and the pings dreadful for awhile now. I know since eircom have only a 16mg back haul in the exchange its going to be poor broadband but its just beyond poor now tbh. I do a ping test now and get a timed out 

Why I got the new eircom modem/router because I know eircom wont  support 3rd party routers so just to show eircom the trouble im having iv had the modem/router installed and still having the same trouble as iv had when I used a third party router 

Hi Headshot

Thanks, Mark
    I had the same trouble with it yesterday infact. the D100 which eircom sent out to me had a red light on the internet connection 

Iv just find it very slow and the pings dreadful for awhile now. I know since eircom have only a 16mg back haul in the exchange its going to be poor broadband but its just beyond poor now tbh. I do a ping test now and get a timed out 

Why I got the new eircom modem/router because I know eircom wont  support 3rd party routers so just to show eircom the trouble im having iv had the modem/router installed and still having the same trouble as iv had when I used a third party router 

Hi Headshot

I checked with the broadband operations department to see if there was any indication as to when your exchange may be NGB enabled. Still no indication as to when it might be I'm afraid I also ran some individual tests  to see if I could find ant issues other than the third party set up.

The speed / connection to the main socket are testing steady. I appreciate there can be congestion at peak times. However there is nothing more I can suggest given you spoke to support in the last few days.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Headshot

Thanks, Mark

Hi Headshot

I checked with the broadband operations department to see if there was any indication as to when your exchange may be NGB enabled. Still no indication as to when it might be I'm afraid I also ran some individual tests  to see if I could find ant issues other than the third party set up.

The speed / connection to the main socket are testing steady. I appreciate there can be congestion at peak times. However there is nothing more I can suggest given you spoke to support in the last few days.

Thanks, Mark
    Can you explain to me then why my connection just dies and the red light on the internet connection comes on?

your technical support was very poor, i rather if you look into it from the very beginning

Hi Headshot

Thanks, Mark

Hi Headshot

Thanks, Mark
    Can you explain to me then why my connection just dies and the red light on the internet connection comes on?

your technical support was very poor, i rather if you look into it from the very beginning

Hi Headshot

I have limited tests I can run on the line and connection. In terms of going through the individual set up we have to refer customers to go through it step by step with technical support,

So I can not accurately give an answer as to why  it is disconnecting.

Have you called support since setting up the D100?

Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Headshot

Thanks, Mark

Hi Headshot

Thanks, Mark

Hi Headshot

I have limited tests I can run on the line and connection. In terms of going through the individual set up we have to refer customers to go through it step by step with technical support,

So I can not accurately give an answer as to why  it is disconnecting.

Have you called support since setting up the D100?

Mark
    I called support on saturday iirc and was talking to a very poor customer service agent who try to make out its my fault 

happening again tonight 

just lose my internet totally and some times even reseting the modem doesnt work 

happening again tonight 

just lose my internet totally and some times even reseting the modem doesnt work 

Hi Headshot

I will try and see if I can give any help.

Is there any loss of connection when connected via Ethernet cable?

Over wifi is it all devices disconnecting (how many are connected at the one time)

Have you changed the Nat type or used bridging for gaming purposes?

Mark

wifi is the very same. For example late last night around midnight I was on the tablet and the internet connection went again 

I havent gone near the modem tbh, got it in the post the other day and just installed it 

wifi is the very same. For example late last night around midnight I was on the tablet and the internet connection went again 

I havent gone near the modem tbh, got it in the post the other day and just installed it 
    How many devices were connected at the time?

Mark

• Advertisement

Mark
    just one 

Mark
    just one 

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

Would it be an issue with internal wiring? Is there an alarm, sky box or monitored alarm? Is the modem connected to the main socket? Disconnect everything else to test. You may need to open the main socket to see what's connected.

im connecting to the main socket and no alarm or sky box 

Iv the main socket connected directly do another socked which is used for the modem and phone. 

Connect the modem to the main socket and disconnect any other wiring extensions to test. Disconnect the phone as well. I assume you're using a filter on the phone.

Connect the modem to the main socket and disconnect any other wiring extensions to test. Disconnect the phone as well. I assume you we're using a filter on the phone.
    cant disconnect wire from the main socket to the 2nd socket 

The main socket is a dummy and the wire that goes into it is extended using more telephone wiring and goes to the 2nd socket and has a built in filter 

Was working perfect before for a few months after I got an eircom engineer to extend the cable

The main socket is a dummy and the wire that goes into it is extended using more telephone wiring and goes to the 2nd socket and has a built in filter 

Was working perfect before for a few months after I got an eircom engineer to extend the cable

Open the sockets and check the connections are tight.

The main socket is a dummy and the wire that goes into it  is extended using more telephone wiring and goes to the 2nd socket and has a built in filter 

Was working perfect before for a  few months after I got an eircom engineer to extend the cable

I will do when I get home but I would find it hard to think there's a problem at my side tbh. Im thinking its the exchange tbh

Eircom should take responsibility as far as the modem and send an engineer out. He can check everything.
    I will do when I get home but I would find it hard to think there's a problem at my side tbh. Im thinking its the exchange tbh

The main socket is a dummy and the wire that goes into it  is extended using more telephone wiring and goes to the 2nd socket and has a built in filter 

Was working perfect before for a  few months after I got an eircom engineer to extend the cable

Hi Headshot

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I have been speaking to managers in support and they have confirmed they monitored your port at the exchange & that of neighboring eircom customers with broadband to see if there was any exchange issues.

Nothing was found. The signal strength to the socket is showing steady to those same connections. The set you outlined is not the recommended set up we advise customers (you are of course free to set it up how you wish). However there is nothing to indicate it is a line or exchange issue.

I appreciate it was working fine before hand. However the wiring to the second socket will always affect the signal and is a set up we can not directly support.

Can you try the following set up - http://bit.ly/16YsP3a for a few days ( I know it may not be your preferred set up)  to see if that at least shows ant improvement.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Mark can you send an engineer out to look at it for me by any chance?

Mark can you send an engineer out to look at it for me by any chance?
    Hi Headshot

I can arrange an engineer to call out. However I need to make you aware if the issue turns out to be internal (wiring or personal set up or due to third party equipment) There would be a call out charge of €150.

If the issue is found to be at the exchange, on the telephone line or with the eircom modem (no charge would be applicable).

I will need you to send me a private message with your eircom account number, name on the account and confirmation that you agree to the possible call out charge before I can escalate the case to engineers.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement