Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem - Opening M/S Word

Options
  • 17-08-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    When I start up my Laptop and try to open a Word Document file in my library- I am lately getting the following Problem message.

" (X) - There was a problem sending the command to the program "

Word itself (the program) opens fine - but the Document I've tried to open does not.
    I then go back to the Word Document in my Library and hit it again and it opens fine.

Can anyone explain why it does not open first time.?
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

This should work for MS Word just as well. (Don't download the fix, follow the steps under Let me fix it myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Torqay wrote: »
    This should work for MS Word just as well. (Don't download the fix, follow the steps under Let me fix it myself)

Thank you,
    I've followed the link you recommended and it advised as follows.
    1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options.
    2. Click Advanced, and clear the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the General area.
    3. Click OK.
    But this relates to EXCEL - Not - WORD.
    I've searched in the WORD area under Word, Options, Advanced, General and don't see any similar tick/untick box marked "clear the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the General area"
    Any suggestions pse ?

Conology wrote: »
    Any suggestions pse ?

Try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Torqay wrote: »
    Try this.

Is there any simpler way. I get nervous of anything that has to do with deleting / restoring files, especially in that "BLACK" screen area which has pings n other odd command keys, I'm not confident about it sorry.
    Thanks though

Well, it explains how to backup the registry key before you delete it. If it doesn't solve the prblem, just import the backup. Nothing to worry about here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement