Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for soup recipes please

Options
  • 17-08-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I was never a big fan of soups but lately I've become interested in them and made some Minestrone the other day, which was lovely.
    I'd be interested to hear any recipes you've got but I'm a little fussy :o

I don't like anything cream-based or white (I know, sorry but I am fussy)
    I really love anything tomato based; i.e tomatoes, celery, carrots, garlic.
    I love chunky soups and soups with lots of flavour.

I have a really good herb and spice collection and I'm prepared to do lots of veg chopping if necessary.
    However, I'd prefer if the tomato-based recipes called for tinned as I find they have more flavour.

Sorry if I'm being too particular..I am open to other soup recipes other than tomato based, once it's not creamy or white!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Don't forget the Souper Soup thread :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056076830

There must be something in the air because I made soup for lunch today and I don't normally make it during the summer. It was just the 1litre of stock, 500g of miscellaneous veg and a handful of barley but it was hearty and delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Don't forget the Souper Soup thread :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056076830

There must be something in the air because I made soup for lunch today and I don't normally make it during the summer. It was just the 1litre of stock, 500g of miscellaneous veg and a handful of barley but it was hearty and delicious.

I was getting fed up with sandwiches so thought soup would make a change.
    Thanks for the link to the soup thread; that's fab.
    I saw one you posted called "Lentil Soup" which looks great AND I just bought a big bag of lentils the other day, so another reason to use them!

Advertisement