Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log to the base e

Options
  • 17-08-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Have deposited €200 to Bet365 so have €100 bonus there and €50 to Paddy Power for any potential specials.

Aim is to not lose it on the first weekend of the premiership!!

I've taken advantage of the paddy power 5-fold special offer of free bet next weekend if it loses.

Starting Bank: €350

Bet 1
    €10 on Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea & Man City @ ~5/1 (PP)
    L -€10 (+€10 free bet)

Can see all of the above winning, worth a shot with free bet if it loses.

Bet 2
    €20 on Sturridge Anytime @ 20/21 (B365)
    W +€19.05

Sturridge will be the main man up front at least for the time being, plenty of quality, should get some chances today.

Current Bank: €320

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Sturridge bet in before half time.

Staying with the Liverpool match, it's looking pretty open at the moment with Stoke pressing forward leaving gaps at the back. Gonna take a chance on there being another goal.

Bet 3
    €20 on Over 1.5 Goals Liverpool v Stoke @ 4/6 (B365)
    L -€20

Current Bank: €339.05

Don't know how there wasn't another goal, plenty of chances including a missed penalty! Great game for a 1-0!

A few bets for the 3 o'clock games, I expect goals in the West Brom v Southampton game, lots of attacking players and plenty of pre season goals for both teams. Giroud has been on fire pre season so taking a chance on him and I'll take evens for the prolific RVP. Another reason for the 3 goalscorer bets today are because these were the 3 last minute changes that I dropped from my fantasy football team!

Bet 4
    €20 on Over 2.5 Goals West Brom v Southampton @ 17/20 (B365)
    L -€20

Bet 5
    €20 Giroud Anytime Goalscorer @ 21/20 (B365)
    W +€21

Bet 6
    €20 RVP Anytime Goalscorer @ 1/1 (B365)
    W +€20

Current Bank: €279.05

Bet 4 didn't go to plan with a single goal in the 90th minute from Lambert.

Giroud scores after 5 minutes in bet 5, we looked like we were playing some nice stuff and then lost the plot with some very dodgy defending.

Bet 6 yet to play

Current Bank: €320.05

Bet 6 in after 34 minutes with a very good goal.

Current Bank: €360.05

A few for the UFC tonight.

Can see Sonnen winning, Rua doesn't have the stamina, still dangerous though. Think McGreggor will stop Max. Also can't see past Lauzon and Faber. Will probably have a few multiples later as well.

Bet 7
    €20 Sonnen win @ 1/1 (B365)
    W +€20

Bet 8
    €20 McGregor KO @ 10/11 (PP)
    L -€20

Bet 9
    €20 Lauzon/Faber double @ 19/20 (B365)
    L -€20 (1/2 win)

Bet 10
    €5 Lauzon v Johnson FOTN @ 11/2 (PP)
    L -€5

Current Bank: €295.05

• Advertisement

2 multiples in the UFC

Bet 11
    €3 McGregor, McDonald, Lauzon, Matt Brown, Faber, Sonnen 6-fold @ ~10/1 (B365)
    L -€3 (5/6 win)

Bet 12
    €2 Same as bet 11 + Mike Brown, Howard, Browne 9-fold @ ~230/1 (B365)
    L -€2 (7/9 win)

Current Bank: €290.05

Great card although the results didn't go all my way tonight.

Masterclass from McGregor, think he would have got the KO if he hadn't injured the knee in the 2nd.

Very surprised by the performance from Michael Johnson, he dominated Lauzon for 3 rounds, the 1st round was key there, screwed a lot of my bets though!

Great submission from Chael in the main event, thought it would go the distance myself but will take that to rescue the night!

A few for tomorrow, Spurs should have too much for newly promoted Crystal Palace. Also seeing as the 3 players I benched in the fantasy football scored today, I'm gonna have a bet on the 3 I ended up picking!

Bet 13
    €30 Spurs Win @ 3/4
    W +€22.50

Bet 14
    €10 Soldado, Lukaku, Dzeko Anytime Goalscorer Treble @ 19/3
    L -€10

Current Bank: €290.05

Spurs win 1-0 with a nervy final 10 minutes, they had a few good chances to finish Palace off but Palace held on well and the treble substitution made a real difference, but a wins a win!

Soldado also scores to help bet 14 but Lukaku starting on the bench doesn't, surprised by that decision but who am I to argue with the special one!

Current Bank: €342.55

Can see Chelsea getting a few goals in this and Hull didn't have a great offensive record last year (the worst of the promoted teams). Another option would have been the win to nil.

Bet 15
    €30 Chelsea -1 @ 8/11
    W +€21.81

Current Bank: €312.55

Chelsea got 2 early goals and looked like they could have destroyed Hull, although they completely took their foot off the pedal allowing Hull back into it, Hull had some good periods and passed it well at times, some good additions to their squad. Bet wins.

Lukaku came on with 15 minutes to go when Chelsea were playing very deep so no chance with bet 14, would have preferred him to be left on the bench there!

Current Bank: €364.37

• Advertisement

In the Real Madrid v Real Betis match I think it's a Madrid win, Ronaldo got quite a few goals last year, I think he'll get quite a few this year!

Bet 16
    €15 Ronaldo 1st Goalscorer @ 2/1 (PP)
    L -€15

Current Bank: €349.37

I think Madrid will want to get off to a good start, PSG fielding a strong team as well so speculative double. If both teams are up for it they can hammer the opposition (if!)

Bet 17
    €10 Real Madrid -2, PSG -2 Double @ ~10/3
    L -€10 (0/2 win)

Current Bank €339.37

No Goals for Ronaldo last night so bet 16 a loser.

Real and PSG both went 1-0 down early which didn't help bet 17! They had a combined total shots of 61 shots but they could only convert this to 3 goals between them!

One for this evening, City have a lot of attacking talent at Home to Newcastle who have a shaky defense (especially on the road). Expect them to cover the handicap.

Bet 18
    €30 Man City -1 @ 4/5

Current Bank: €309.37

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

goin well mate, although you have alot of bets already placed
    im on the city game tonight aswell think they will win fairly comfortably,
    best of luck will keep an eye to see how your doin

Yes I know that the frequency is quite high, I think it's a combination of the excitement of the new season starting and working through the bonus requirements on Bet365.

Looking back through my bets so far, I'd make them all again with maybe the exception of bets 4, 16 and 17 which were a bit loose. The rest of the losers went close.

I'm not picking certain bets for this log and doing others in real life, any bet I place in real life will go in here so I'll be able to analyse where I'm going wrong/right. This is also to try to limit the amount of 'risky' bets I go for although there will be the occasional multiple!

I also think City should win this fairly easily but anything can happen in these start of the season games, especially with new additions to the squad that may take time to bed in.

Missed the game tonight but it looked pretty one sided from the stats, will check the highlights tomorrow.

Current Bank: €363.37

PP have applied my free bet from bet 1 (which was only let down by Arsenal!)

I'm going to place it on the CL qualifiers tonight. I'll take a chance on PSV who are 3 games into Eredivisie and top it with 3 wins vs AC Milan in Serie A who are yet to begin. Also Lyon, who top Ligue 1 after 2 games vs Sociodad who just started the Primera Division at the weekend.

Both teams are home and will be looking to bring an advantage into tricky away legs. I'd expect a few goals in both matches and hope the home sides can get the bigger share.

Bet 19
    €10 Lyon/PSV double @ 17/4 (free bet)
    L (free bet)

Current Bank: €363.37

Bet 19 never had a chance!

Looking at the Chelsea v Villa game later on I'm going to go with a couple of bets.

I think Villa will go out to frustrate Chelsea the same way they did away to Arsenal. There were a lot of 'enthusiastic' challenges in that match and I though there could have been more cards than the 9 produced.

Also looking at the ref, he has been averaging over 4 cards per match for the last 20 odd games.

I'm also expecting some goals, there's always a threat from Benteke and goal threats all over the pitch for Chelsea. The last 5 premiership encounters have gone over 2.5 goals with Villa scoring in 4 of those and the last 12 Villa away matches in the premiership have gone over 2.5 goals with Villa scoring in 10 of them. The home stats for Chelsea are slightly less impressive with 7 of their last 10 home premiership games going over 2.5 goals and they have conceded in 7 of their last 11 premiership home games.

I fancy it to go over 2.5 goals but no bet on that as the odds are too low.

Bet 20
    €20 on Over 3.5 Asian Total Cards @ 1/1
    W +€20

Bet 21
    €30 on BTTS @ 5/6
    W +€25

Current Bank: €313.37

In the Arsenal match tonight, i think the 'injury crisis' has been blown out of proportion, although a few more and we will be in trouble. Turkey is always a difficult place to visit but I think Fenerbahce will play an attacking game leaving them open on the counter.

I'm expecting (hoping for!) a bounce back after the weekends result and think we've a good few match winners there out to prove a point.

Bet 22
    €20 Arsenal Win @ 13/10
    W +€26

Current Bank: €293.37

All 3 bets came in this evening, around 30 fouls in the Chelsea v Villa game with Villa getting 3 yellows to Chelsea's 1. Both teams scored with Benteke scoring again and it went over 2.5 as well.

I thought Arsenal played very well tonight although Fenerbahce were shocking. Ramsey played a blinder and was rewarded with a goal and an assist. It will be a big shock if we don't make it through to the group stages so that's a huge relief as tonight could have gone either way.

Current Bank: €434.37

• Advertisement

I think Udinese and Sevilla playing at home tonight against lower class oppostition will want to put these ties to bed. So will take a chance on the handicaps.

Bet 23
    €20 Udinese -1/Sevilla -1 Double @ ~2/1
    L -€20

Current Bank: €414.37

Swansea playing well in this match with a few chances already in the 2nd half.

Bet 24
    €10 Swansea -4 @ 3/1 (Current score 3-0)
    L -€10

Current Bank: €404.37

Bonyyyyyy!

Pozuelooo! Nice finish

Both bets lose, surprised by the Udinese result and Swansea were winning 5-0 but let in a consolation goal with a few minutes to go.

Current Bank €404.37

A few for tonight. Monaco playing well and on a great run at the moment, they've won their last 5 matches and covered the handicap on 4 of those occasions, playing a Toulouse team who haven't won in 5 matches, it's theirs to lose!

Also a few in the FAI cup, they're cup ties so anything can happen. Derry, Rovers and Shels all playing non league teams so 'should' win easy enough.

The last 6 Finn Harps v Cobh Ramblers matches have gone over 2.5 goals. Dundalk have won 7 out of their last 8 home matches and Limerick have lost 4 out of their last 5 away matches.

Bet 25
    €30 Monaco-1 @ 20/21
    L -€30

Bet 26
    €20 Derry-1/Rovers-1/Shels-1 Treble @ ~2/1
    L -€20 (1/3 win)

Bet 27
    €20 Dundalk Win/Finn Harps v Cobh Over 2.5 Goals Double @ 8/5
    L -€20 (1/2 win)

Bet 28
    €4.37 All of the above 6-fold @ ~14/1
    L -€4.37 (2/6 win)

Current Bank: €330

All bets lose last night, looking to today I think Arsenal have too much quality for Fulham (maybe it's rose tinted glasses!). We're fielding a strong 11, Sagna is a worry at CB but he did well there pre-season. I'm hoping Fulham attack and leave gaps. I can see both scoring today but think Arsenal should edge it.

Bet 29
    €30 Arsenal Win @ 10/11
    W +€27.28

Current Bank: €300

Arsenal looked really good today, Cazorla had a great game and was involved in everything. Ramsey also controlled thing in the centre of the park, he's getting better and better. Good to see Podolski get a brace as well.

Current Bank: €357.28

In the 3 o'clock matches I'm going with a treble of 3 teams that impressed me last weekend playing 3 who didn't!

€20 Everton Win/Norwich DC/West Ham DC Treble @~3/1
    L -€20 (1/3 win)

Current Bank: €337.28

• Advertisement

Slightly unlucky there, Norwich had the majority of possession and attempts but weren't able to score against 10 man Hull, Everton I think edged it and hit the woodwork twice in the last 10 minutes but like Norwich, were unable to convert their chances to goals, Hull's keeper Foster getting MOTM says a lot.

In the 5:30 match I think it should be even enough but can see a few goals. I'm going with Benteke to continue is great run at good odds at home, leading the line and taking the penalties so should get a few chances.

€25 Benteke Anytime @ 7/5
    L -€25

Current Bank: €312.28

Advertisement