Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Account

Options
  • 17-08-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have moved into a house a few weeks ago and I want to open an account but there is letters coming in from the previous tenants account. How do I go about setting up a new account as I don't want to be paying for electricity if it wasn't paid by the previous tenants?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi slimergan,

Did you take a meter reading when you moved into the house? If so, we can register you from the date you moved in using this reading. If not, we would have to estimate your usage from the time you moved in (unless the account was closed by the previous occupant and they took a closing reading). In any case, you aren't liable for the bill of any previous occupant.

Here is what you need in order to register your account with us:
    • Your name and the address you're moving into
    • Your move in date
    • The MPRN number (available from previous occupant, landlord or estate agent)
    • The meter reading on your move in date
    • Your contact number and date of birth (for security reasons)
    • The account number from your previous address (if applicable)
    All new customers or those who have not held an account within the past two years must either:
    When you call to set up your account, you will be registered and will then have 14 days to sign up for Direct Debit or pay the security deposit. You can also find details on our available discounts here. You can save up to 10% off both gas and electricity, and if you switch both online, you'll get an extra €20 (€10 if you switch just the one).

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement